**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Samsung Galaxy S21 - Dropped Inputs

PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,451 ★★★★
edited February 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
I've just upgraded my old device, which was having horrendous lag in-game, to a new Samsung Galaxy S21 (standard, not PLUS or Ultra) and the performance issues are totally gone, which is amazing, but it's introduced a new problem in the form of massive dropped inputs - every other combo it just doesn't register the taps of my light attacks so I'm often just standing there to take hits, fortunately I've only been playing Arena & easy questing thus far so haven't been punished in harder content but this feels like a big issue.

Anyone else have this model device and experience the same issue, or have the same device and DOESN'T have this issue??

I'm still trying to figure out exactly when/where the drops happen so that I can work around it...
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    ForwardForward Posts: 115 ★★
    I bought the ultra and have the same issues. Have you turned on the touch sensitivity? Also do you have a new screen protector on it? If so try and "dirty" it up a bit. I used a kn95 cloth mask and rubbed it on it to try and get some of the smooth finish off the screen protector. A dryer sheet should work too. Odd I know but it's helped me.
  • Options
    Forward said:

I bought the ultra and have the same issues. Have you turned on the touch sensitivity? Also do you have a new screen protector on it? If so try and "dirty" it up a bit. I used a kn95 cloth mask and rubbed it on it to try and get some of the smooth finish off the screen protector. A dryer sheet should work too. Odd I know but it's helped me.

Good to know it's not just me. I don't know about touch sensitivity - should it be on or off?

I haven't got a screen protector on it yet, I'm getting a wallet-style case for it (it's en route) but haven't got a protector yet, would you recommend one?
  • Options
    ForwardForward Posts: 115 ★★
    Go into settings and search touch sensitivity. It should be turned on to make it more sensitive to touch. As far as screen protectors go I've never not had one on a phone of mine. So I'd suggest one yeah. I always get the IQ shield from Amazon. Green and white picture. They're easy to put on and work well.
  • Options
    UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 520 ★★★
    It's not an issue with the phone, there are dropped inputs regardless. There are heavy attacks launched when you are blocking. There are blocks dropped while blocking. There are parries that aren't registering. There are attacks that aren't registering, not allowing you to get a 5 hit combo. I had a Galaxy S9 that was doing this and I still get this on a newer phone. It's the game in general that is causing all this.
  • Options
    NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★
    I bet that you wouldn't have had these problems with the Soulja console 2
  • Options
    Unyonface said:

It's not an issue with the phone, there are dropped inputs regardless. There are heavy attacks launched when you are blocking. There are blocks dropped while blocking. There are parries that aren't registering. There are attacks that aren't registering, not allowing you to get a 5 hit combo. I had a Galaxy S9 that was doing this and I still get this on a newer phone. It's the game in general that is causing all this.

I've had plenty of dropped inputs prior to this, but it's VERY consistent now with this phone, to the point where there has to be something else going on. It may well still be the game but...I dunno...
  • Options
    _Sham_ said:

Unyonface said:

I've had plenty of dropped inputs prior to this, but it's VERY consistent now with this phone, to the point where there has to be something else going on. It may well still be the game but...I dunno...
    Is you s21 with Snapdragon or Samsung cpu ?
    I believe it has the Snapdragon but I can't seem to verify that.
  • Options
    TheJalliTheJalli Posts: 11
    I changed the motion smoothness to "standard 60hz" after I noticed dropped inputs and odd random dashes and heavies and my experience has been solid ever since. I'm on an s21+.
    Settings > Display > Motion Smoothness > standard.

Hope that helps someone!
  • Options
    Hey guys, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. If you haven't already, please share the requested information in the lag and performance issues thread for Android users, located HERE. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.