**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

CGR Vs Hyperion!

Comments

• ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better
    Hyperion has stood the test of time and is still one of the best champions in the game.

Hyperion reaches his peak much faster than CGR and his ramp up makes him more practical of a champion though I won't deny CGR is a monster. Oh yeah, he can also dex without screwing up his rotation.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    CGR is Better
    Despite CGR's limitations you can't deny the world breaking damage he had when he is ramped up.

Compare the 2 champs when they are at their peak in a fight and CGR is clearly the winner.

Edit: forgot I'm muted ~ Le sigh
  • MAGWMAGW Posts: 24
    edited November 2020
    CGR is Better
    Qacob said:

War_Bird said:

Qacob said:

Imo hype has the utility advantage, and therefore the overall advantage

What utility does he have that CGR doesn’t... aside from a mediocre heal?
    Ok I may not know about CGR, but I know hyperion and his heal is in no way "mediocre" one regen buff can give 50% of his health back
    iirc it's 25% isn't it? and over a long while.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better
    Well, back to this thread.

I just explored 6.1, and I'd like to add a few things. There's a caustic temper doctor strange in 6.1.6, and there is no way in hell that CGR is doing that fight. In fact, he has no hope for the entire path.
    There's the new 6.1.5 crossbones, and CGR ain't taking that fight down. I soloed him with Hype about 80% of the time. The most revives I spent was about 2 on one trial.

There's a lot more fights, but I'm not here to list them all. I'd like to see you CGR dudes bring out fights that he can do, but hype can't handle.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better
    Kill_Grey said:

I just explored 6.1, and I'd like to add a few things. There's a caustic temper doctor strange in 6.1.6, and there is no way in hell that CGR is doing that fight. In fact, he has no hope for the entire path.
    There's the new 6.1.5 crossbones, and CGR ain't taking that fight down. I soloed him with Hype about 80% of the time. The most revives I spent was about 2 on one trial.

There's a lot more fights, but I'm not here to list them all. I'd like to see you CGR dudes bring out fights that he can do, but hype can't handle.

Except maybe freezer burn and biohazard tho 👀
    But hype could probably get around it with special 3 spam.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Aztec said:

Look at this thread. Hyperion lead on 60% now. But wait... he still not even available as 6 star. Wait for it and CGR will turn into ash

You do realize that some people are voting for Hyperion because they don't have CGR to compare him with right? So the numbers will be a lot closer if this poll is run again in due time.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Aztec said:

Look at this thread. Hyperion lead on 60% now. But wait... he still not even available as 6 star. Wait for it and CGR will turn into ash

You do realize that some people are voting for Hyperion because they don't have CGR to compare him with right? So the numbers will be a lot closer if this poll is run again in due time.
    In a couple months when CGR becomes more widely available I’ll do the polling again. This first thread was mainly to see what people think of him well he’s not super available
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Hyperion is Better
    Tough one
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    It all depends on ur personal tastes okurrrrrrrrrrrt
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    I don't own a CGR but I own a fully max'ed out Hyperion and I really can't see how he's better. It's not like CGR is lacking utility either, he can do a lot of stuff Hyperion straight up can't.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better
    Sorry to all CGR lovers, but Hyperion is an all time classic 😉
  • Andy88Andy88 Posts: 1
    edited February 2021
    Tbh cgr isn’t a champ alot of ppl have rn so we can’t tell for sure but personally I love Hyperion he has long heavy reach so much power gain so much damage dot and regen. I personally feel like he is a really fair and balanced champ. But from vids it seems like cgr is insane but one thing a lot of ppl forget is that his damage is of sp2 but only if u can apply armor breaks... IN OTHER WORDS CHAMPS LIKE THING THAT ARE ARMOR BREAK IMMUNE CGR IS USELESS FOR THEREFOR HYPERION IS THE WINNER!!!
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better
    I have CGR at r5, and he's incredibly fun to use - where you can do his rotation.

Hype has more use and sustainability. Comparing champs only by who can take down WS the quickest (or worse, the least hits) is a good measure for idiocy.

Hype isn't nearly as sexy though. CGR is easily the coolest looking champ in my eyes.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    GagoH said:

Or it could go in the complete opposite direction with time, primary example of this is sunspot. When he was first released , the hype was huge, i even saw comments saying hed be nerfed for his damage output. But now look at him, the general consensus is that his utility is lackluster.

The same can happen to CGR, yes he has massive damage, but his utility doesn’t even come close to hype, cmm, corvus.

CGR has more utility than Sunspot. A lot of people underrating his utility because people keep posting videos about his insane damage and that's all they know from what they see.

He's insanely useful throughout 7.1 (and most likely beyond)

He has the most useful double immunity in the current meta, bleed and incinerate. You ever notice that bleed and incinerate tend to be the unavoidable debuffs of choice? Very few nodes exist that inflict poison as an unavoidable debuff relative to those two. He's also a non robot, which means he's not getting punished by nano-plague.

He can do buffed up and disstrack.
    Giving out armour breaks like they're cheap candy.
    Power gain, unblockable, incinerate.
    Fury, vigilance etc.

I'm not saying Hype doesn't have these, on the contrary, they both have lots of the same kit, so if you're telling me that Hype has lots of utility and CGR doesn't... then I don't see it.

• Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

I have both as 5* and would use either depending on the fight/node.

Have you seen this video? The 6.2 champion boss will be a hard fight for Hyperion and some will argue is the toughest boss to beat in act 6.

https://youtu.be/VxWWAQU9ms0
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    CGR is Better

Hyperion has stood the test of time and is still one of the best champions in the game.

Hyperion reaches his peak much faster than CGR and his ramp up makes him more practical of a champion though I won't deny CGR is a monster. Oh yeah, he can also dex without screwing up his rotation.

Is two combos a big ramp up time for u? I dont think u have CGR . U wont say the same after u get him
  • Disbanded_pensDisbanded_pens Posts: 175
    CGR is Better
    CGR. Ridiculous damage that can be turned into nuclear damage. This does overshadow his other abilities but they're great too, he's not just a hammer to bludgeon. Armour break immediately is handy v some of the trickier opponents, bleed immunity and let's not forget the always handy power locking.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    edited February 2021

My 5*R3 took out WS in 1min24sec & 68 hits.

The best I got with my 5*R5 Hyperion is 1min32sec & 82 hits.

CGR is the faster champ and can do more damage.

https://youtu.be/PRZ7EUYwQnw
    https://youtu.be/Rg__0o-Mc6w
  • ValmarxValmarx Posts: 521 ★★★
    CGR is Better
    All the people that voted Hyperion DONT HAVE CGR at 5/65 at least !!!
    period.
    Prove Me Wrong.

I f**king clearing 300-500k hp opponents with suicides mastery with just 1 SP2 and another 15
    hits of 15-25k crits each and its down.
    Lagacy broke world game record for ROL run...I think he knows what he does.
    CGR is Better
    @monke I dont use CGR synergies i dont see them useful at all and many youtubers
    stated the same.

anyways, I see these type of posts as spark for debates and arguments
    i curse the day people started doing TIER LISTS...
    There are so many great champions that all it matters is the Love & Connection of the player to it.
    So many people dont play Cull, Maw or Guardian...I always pair together them and take them
    on with me, even more than my RedMags, NF or CapIW all rank 5/65.

• KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    CGR is Better
    Monke said:

Valmarx said:

All the people that voted Hyperion DONT HAVE CGR at 5/65 at least !!!
    period.
    Prove Me Wrong.

I f**king clearing 300-500k hp opponents with suicides mastery with just 1 SP2 and another 15
    hits of 15-25k crits each and its down.
    Lagacy broke world game record for ROL run...I think he knows what he does.

Dude. Lags hates Hyperion for some reason I’m not sure why

Also, CGR’s utility can be Op, but the problem with him is that he needs synergies to make them 100% reliable. Otherwise, some of his utilities can be a bit overrated imo.

Otherwise, Hyperions utility not reliant on synergy suicides, and with the right rng can get up to a whopping 15000 attack

To compare: a 6* rank 3 doom has 13K attack with 2 furies
    Hulkbuster has about 9k attack with 6 shocks and an xl sized opponent
    Nick has about 8.2k attack on the spot
    CMM has about 7500 attack without synergies

All I’m saying
    I dont understand which synergies u r referring to. I dont use any synergies. Is there any important synergy for him that i am missing?
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better
    Corkscrew said:

GagoH said:

Or it could go in the complete opposite direction with time, primary example of this is sunspot. When he was first released , the hype was huge, i even saw comments saying hed be nerfed for his damage output. But now look at him, the general consensus is that his utility is lackluster.

The same can happen to CGR, yes he has massive damage, but his utility doesn’t even come close to hype, cmm, corvus.

CGR has more utility than Sunspot. A lot of people underrating his utility because people keep posting videos about his insane damage and that's all they know from what they see.

He's insanely useful throughout 7.1 (and most likely beyond)

He has the most useful double immunity in the current meta, bleed and incinerate. You ever notice that bleed and incinerate tend to be the unavoidable debuffs of choice? Very few nodes exist that inflict poison as an unavoidable debuff relative to those two. He's also a non robot, which means he's not getting punished by nano-plague.

He can do buffed up and disstrack.
    Giving out armour breaks like they're cheap candy.
    Power gain, unblockable, incinerate.
    Fury, vigilance etc.

I'm not saying Hype doesn't have these, on the contrary, they both have lots of the same kit, so if you're telling me that Hype has lots of utility and CGR doesn't... then I don't see it.

Hype’s utility is on another level compared to CGR’s , this isn’t even debatable. Sure CGR wins the damage contest, but what good is that if Hype has more use either way? And more use because of his utility advantage as well as since CGR gets hindered by a lot of different constraints
    CGR is Better
    Folks that state Hype's Utility, I challenge you to share facts and places of his use.
    Enlighten us the CGR players.
    As far as I see CGR:

- Armor Breaks
    - Bleed Immunity
    - Incinerate Immunity
    - Fate Seal
    - Power Gain
    - Furies + Cruelty + Precision + Vigilance Buffs
    - Does Incinerates on first SP1 (2-3 at least)
    - Suicide Friendly
    - He's Synergies make other champs better like Punisher 2099 or Og Ghost Rider

More ? Honestly...
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better
    Valmarx said:

Folks that state Hype's Utility, I challenge you to share facts and places of his use.
    As far as I see CGR:

- Armor Breaks
    - Bleed Immunity
    - Incinerate Immunity
    - Fate Seal
    - Power Gain
    - Suicide Friendly

More ? Honestly...

Hyperion's utilities:
    -armor breaK
    -poison immunity
    -passive power gain helps in spamming specials without doing basic attacks
    -good for evade matchups through sp1 spam
    - incinerates
    - good for thorns matchups through sp1 spam
    - good for high power gain matchups through sp1 spam
    - can reverse regen through sp1 spam
    - above average energy resistance
    - good void counter
    - good havok and mr sinister counter due to low crit rate
    Not saying he is better than cgr but hyperion's got lots of utilities.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better

Valmarx said:

As far as I see CGR:

- Armor Breaks
    - Bleed Immunity
    - Incinerate Immunity
    - Fate Seal
    - Power Gain
    - Suicide Friendly

More ? Honestly...

Hyperion's utilities:
    -armor breaK
    -poison immunity
    -passive power gain helps in spamming specials without doing basic attacks
    -good for evade matchups through sp1 spam
    - incinerates
    - good for thorns matchups through sp1 spam
    - good for high power gain matchups through sp1 spam
    - can reverse regen through sp1 spam
    - above average energy resistance
    - good void counter
    - good havok and mr sinister counter due to low crit rate
    Not saying he is better than cgr but hyperion's got lots of utilities.
    He regens too.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better
    oh Kill Grey, how I miss you