**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cosmic ghost rider

QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
So after recently pulling him I've been testing him out doing the sp3/sp2 rotation. And once I've launched sp3 I'm throwing a medium ending combo/parry then light ending to get the power gain/parry/heavy/sp2. Is this the right way? I've read that you need to wait till the damnation ends to fire off the sp2..

Curious as to what you've found is the best rotation.

Basically can you explain to me like I'm 5 how to use cgr (can't believe I've just said lmao, I took a break recently and come back feeling like a noob)

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    @Rookiie has a very informative post about this
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

@Rookiie has a very informative post about this

Thank you! Just had a quick skim and looks exactly what I'm looking for. There's my bed time read sorted.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Depends on the situation.

For easy fights I just MLLLM, MLLLL, MLLLM, Parry-ChargeHeavy+Special, Beatdown. No dexing, of course.

For tougher fights I build to 5 judgements before sp3 via MLLLM, MLLLL, SP1, a Dex, and a heavy charge - then I sp3. I then do the normal sp2 rotation. With 5 Judgements, the Fury is super long.

Your Judgements won't clear until Damnation is up, so generally it'll be over by the time you hit sp2. You'll wanna always have at least 3 Judgements up before you fire sp2/3 so Damnation procs and your cycle can continue. (Damnation procs at 5 Judgements)
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★

Depends on the situation.

For easy fights I just MLLLM, MLLLL, MLLLM, Parry-ChargeHeavy+Special, Beatdown. No dexing, of course.

For tougher fights I build to 5 judgements before sp3 via MLLLM, MLLLL, SP1, a Dex, and a heavy charge - then I sp3. I then do the normal sp2 rotation. With 5 Judgements, the Fury is super long.

Your Judgements won't clear until Damnation is up, so generally it'll be over by the time you hit sp2. You'll wanna always have at least 3 Judgements up before you fire sp2/3 so Damnation procs and your cycle can continue. (Damnation procs at 5 Judgements)

The problem is, that isnt always possible to do without dexing. You may end up doing it and then you lose all your crit, so if you do dex its best to just for the sp3. You can reparry to prevent the need of dex but even then, they can just do a heavy and force you to dex sometimes
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    It's all about finishing the judgement cycles. If you dex go for sp3.
  • Options
    ValmarxValmarx Posts: 521 ★★★
    Theres new rotation according to MSD of Aptitude stacking
    he did some nice numbers too
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    Valmarx said:

Theres new rotation according to MSD of Aptitude stacking
    he did some nice numbers too

Yes this is done by getting 5 judgements that aren’t aptitude. For example, you could do
    MLLLM (vigilance), MLLLL (power gain), dex (precision) and sp1 (unblockable and cruelty). That puts you at 5. So then you parry the opponent, and since they’re power locked, you can spam heavy in the corner. This works because when you’re at 5 judgements and have the power lock (or damnation up), any further buffs you trigger won’t trigger a corresponding judgement. That means you can trigger multiple of that buff during that time.

Since aptitude increases the potency of fury, cruelty, armour and precision buffs, it makes your other buffs get quite a nice boost in potency. After triggering all those aptitude buffs and judgements resetting, you can trigger vigilance and power gain and then go for a heavy cancel into sp2. The aptitudes will last incredibly long since they were triggered when 5 judgements were active, granting over double duration on those aptitudes so you can fit those huge special attacks in.