**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should i awaken falcon or kingpin

Cam97Cam97 Posts: 364
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
What does kingpin offer my roster? And their sig abilities seem to be very important with anhigh level on both. I have Nick Fury duped rank 5 should I just wait on aegon?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Cam97Cam97 Posts: 364
    Fine ill.ask my mom to pick a pilot or a gangster yall keep your secrets lol
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    I dont know much about Kingpin since his buff but I do know that if you awaken Falcon all you need is to put 50 sig stones on him to get exactly half of his awakened ability benefits, which makes him a good choice if you dont have many sig stones. Dunno if kingpin tho needs high sig or not.
    Do hobbits Falcon need the awakened ability? I thought his utility came from Red Wing and dashing back for a second and a half
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Falcon needs sig one and you are good to go
    Texas_11 said:

You sure? Seatin spread sheet said he needed stones
    Cam97 said:

Texas_11 said:

Positive. no one is using falcon for his damage it’s for his ability to shut down things 100% . His sig reduces the cool down for you to get back to that damage mode / lock on mode faster.

King pin needs high sig

You knew what you were talking about lol thanks
    Texas_11 said:

Cam97 said:

Texas_11 said:

Positive. no one is using falcon for his damage it’s for his ability to shut down things 100% . His sig reduces the cool down for you to get back to that damage mode / lock on mode faster.

King pin needs high sig

Except those cruelties he gains from would be evader s then he can lay the hammer down
    Cam97 said:

Texas_11 said:

Cam97 said:

Texas_11 said:

King pin needs high sig

Except those cruelties he gains from would be evader s then he can lay the hammer down
    Yeah, that’s in his base kit not the sig. I’m not saying it’s not important, but kingpin gets way more benefit sigged up.

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,362 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Texas_11 said:

Cam97 said:

Texas_11 said:

Cam97 said:

Texas_11 said:

King pin needs high sig

Yeah, that’s in his base kit not the sig. I’m not saying it’s not important, but kingpin gets way more benefit sigged up.

Disagree a little - Cruelty only helps if you land a Crit, and the crit boost comes from Falcons Awakened Ability.

As for Kingpin:

Sig 66 is enough for a decent boost to KP; although he'll get better at higher Sig.

These champs do pretty different things; with Falcon's utility being greater all-round, but with issues around 'up-time': Falcon simply can't stay locked on all the time. However he's better at handling opponents who evade; as long as you don't mind times you need to wait out your cool down.

With the Hood synergy, KP would be better against nodes like Biohazard. He can also handle things Falcon can't, like Can't Stop, Won't Stop.

Texas_11 said:

Cam97 said:

Texas_11 said:

Cam97 said:

Texas_11 said:

King pin needs high sig

Disagree a little - Cruelty only helps if you land a Crit, and the crit boost comes from Falcons Awakened Ability.

As for Kingpin:

Sig 66 is enough for a decent boost to KP; although he'll get better at higher Sig.

These champs do pretty different things; with Falcon's utility being greater all-round, but with issues around 'up-time': Falcon simply can't stay locked on all the time. However he's better at handling opponents who evade; as long as you don't mind times you need to wait out your cool down.

With the Hood synergy, KP would be better against nodes like Biohazard. He can also handle things Falcon can't, like Can't Stop, Won't Stop.
    I haven't done a ton of research on kingpins update yet but surely falcon can handle many more nodes than Kingpin right? You were just kind of giving an example of something Kingpin can do that Falcon cannot
    Texas_11 said:

Cam97 said:

Texas_11 said:

Cam97 said:

Texas_11 said:

King pin needs high sig

Oh yeah I forgot the attack rating or whatever Falcon gets when locked on that is huge. At this point I'm just going to quit questioning you cuz you clearly know your stuff LOL. I don't have it all under stones to throw into Kingpin and even if I did I'm not sure he would be the guy I chose to invest in. I'm thinking once I get the gold up I might use the skill Awakening gym on Falcon and if I ever get a generic or another skill and if I ever pull aegon I can do all that at a future point

Because right now my roster needs two or 3 things 1 another solid evade counter my best to options right now are Nick Fury and Professor X who doesn't even work against tech Champs.

Champs with immunities because everyone needs those. I would say Kingpin and his ability to shrug off debuffs is the guy for that but at the same time falcon can do some wild. Short cuts that may not be immunities but can save you from taking unnecessary damage

And third of course is utility which again I'm no Kingpin expert but falcon has to be the clear winner in this category as he shuts down character interactions, nodes, among other things
    Falcon has been my next rank up for a long time now but in the last month or two I've pulled Black Widow Clairvoyant and apocalypse and chose to go with them first
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★

Obviously I'm a big fan of Falcon. Here's a tiered way to think about his abilities...

Unduped - he gains crit damage rating each time the opponent evades or attempts to evade.

Unduped and Locked On - 1) 100% defensive ability accuracy reduction. The list of uses for this is long, and fairly amazing. Evades fail, Korg's rock shield is ignored etc. 2) basic attacks get a massive boost. On my r3 his attack rating is about 3,100...but when locked on basic attacks gain another 4,000 for net 7,100.

Duped Sig 1 - each Locked On lasts 2 seconds longer. This is huge in practice, and means in a fight you can be locked on for more time in a fight than in cool down.

Sig Stones - duping also increases his critical rating. The math on how this tiers is roughly 25% of the max gain at Sig 1, 50% at sig 55 and 100% at sig 200.

Unduped he's an incredible utility champ against evade defenders and problem defenders like Thing and Korg.

Duped and above sig 50 he breaks out of the utility mold and becomes an incredible all around champ that will make your starting 5 or war attack team almost every time. He crits with most hits, and does damage on par with a fully ramped Aegon.

Soooooo...I vote for Falcon.