**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mephisto is unbeatable in the new challenge with the combination high regen and endless aura

Comments

• Options
    Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    ariebrkl wrote: »
    Mephisto is unbeatable in the new challenge with the combination high regen and endless aura.
    skill revives and units cant help
    what the hell?

This was the easiest challenge yet bro, there are plenty of ways to shut mephisto down, iceman, vulture, hood, visions, any champion that has a stagger ability. Iceman is the best option though. I personally didn't use a single potion or revive and I o my have 1 r4 5*
    Why Vulture? I don’t see anything that would be very good against Mephisto in his set.

Vulture has incinerate immunity.
    Only Mephisto and Iceman dude... Vulture’s dupe makes him immune to the debuff only, he still takes damage from Mephisto’s Aura.
  • Options
    Hawke wrote: »
    Seatin took down the entire thing on live stream in under 11 minutes. Quit crying

And I did it faster than that. With less capable champs.

It was and is easy. Use your mind people.
  • Options
    Omg you babies lol. I did it with 4 5/50s and a r2 5*

5/50 SL
    5/50 GR
    5/50 GP
    5/50 Hyperion
    R2 ultron for blade. 183 hits to 0.

You guys whine and moan. This event is EASY. Yet you complain when invited to a free lunch.

Insane. You’re what ruins this game. Why war was changed.
  • Options
    I must really suck at this game. I have Voodo, Gwen Pool, Vision and Rogue @ 5/50. Couldn't get past Mephisto. Used several revives and he just regens to almost full health. Oh well, guess I'll just keep playing arena and the daily quests. Must be more my speed.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    thodalos wrote: »
    I must really suck at this game. I have Voodo, Gwen Pool, Vision and Rogue @ 5/50. Couldn't get past Mephisto. Used several revives and he just regens to almost full health. Oh well, guess I'll just keep playing arena and the daily quests. Must be more my speed.

Ya pretty mind blowing you couldn't beat him
  • Options
    I don't understand how to beat him when he regens to almost full health?
  • Options
    I don't understand how to beat him when he regens to almost full health?

Ironman regens to almost full health....

The only difference is STAY AWAY when he is incerating. I don’t see what the issue is lol.

Control the map. Push him back when he’s blockin my so you can run free when he’s incinerating...

Cmon guys!
  • Options
    Does he only regen once per fight?
  • Options
    NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    I was a bit sad, thought it would be harder.
  • Options
    Not sure if someone mentioned YJ, I think he should be good. That power sting is a kick ass.
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    It makes sense if you don't think about it

I'm stealing that one hahahahaha.

• Options
    FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    I beat him with mostly a R5/50 Wolverine. Apparently, Mephisto bleeds. Counter acted that regen quite nicely. Used a couple of revives to finish him off, but it's certainly not impossible.
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Use a champ, make him use all of his charges to regen, then one-shot him with thr next champion

This....exactly...
  • Options
    Claytons2112Claytons2112 Posts: 66
    Used vision L2 right at about half health, caused heal block he used up all his souls and no regen. Got him to about 1/4 health and then SL finished. Far from unbeatable.
  • Options
    Claytons2112Claytons2112 Posts: 66
    People saying he is unbeatable are the ones who've been playing less than a year and demanding a free 5* for the way the game has been lately.. y'all are part of what's wrong with the game
  • Options
    Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    edited October 2017
    AA's stacked bleed actually hinders Mephisto's regen from going full force. He still regen's, but it's not as severe if bleed is stacked up high against him. I'll see if I can post a few video's from my run, so others who might have problems running it, can get a general idea on what route to go. I beat it in 8 mins & 50 seconds, without any items. But, I do have an exclusive roster to take into consideration.
  • Options
    ZappZapp Posts: 69
    No, not unbeatable but very much the incarnation of everything that is wrong with this game at the moment:
    - He deals unavoidable damage
    - Not skill but items is required to beat him
    - Unless you have the single champs that counters him: Iceman

I really don't like the direction MCOC is taking. An enemy shouldn't have a SINGLE counter in the game, that's very bad. If you have Iceman you are practically forced to upgrade him at the moment, since you cannot afford to not do that :(

P.S.: Used Vision and patience to beat him. Took me two 40% revives and a few poitions from the stock. So it's possible to do him, just really the top of all BS.
  • Options
    ZappZapp Posts: 69
    People saying he is unbeatable are the ones who've been playing less than a year and demanding a free 5* for the way the game has been lately.. y'all are part of what's wrong with the game

No, what's wrong with the game is what is wrong with the game. It's an "unavoidable damage" party, Contest of Wallet Warriors, Contenst of 0 Skill (I could go on)
  • Options
    Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    Sorry, but this site is not allowing me to post video's on it.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Sith_Lord wrote: »
    Sorry, but this site is not allowing me to post video's on it.

Upload to YT. Post link here

Edit: Don't bother if you were using your r4 5*s. Those make a HUGE difference in "difficulty"
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Zapp wrote: »

No, what's wrong with the game is what is wrong with the game. It's an "unavoidable damage" party, Contest of Wallet Warriors, Contenst of 0 Skill (I could go on)

There isn't a single champ in this quest who does actual unavoidable damage. There is not any actual unavoidable damage in the entire game if you play well (iceman is the exception if you don't have mephisto, iceman does unavoidable damage)
  • Options
    Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    Zapp wrote: »
    No, not unbeatable but very much the incarnation of everything that is wrong with this game at the moment:
    - He deals unavoidable damage
    - Not skill but items is required to beat him
    - Unless you have the single champs that counters him: Iceman

I really don't like the direction MCOC is taking. An enemy shouldn't have a SINGLE counter in the game, that's very bad. If you have Iceman you are practically forced to upgrade him at the moment, since you cannot afford to not do that :(

P.S.: Used Vision and patience to beat him. Took me two 40% revives and a few poitions from the stock. So it's possible to do him, just really the top of all BS.

His damage isn't completely unavoidable. You need to STAY BACK when his aura is active and you can avoid a lot of the damage. If he rushes you, parry and back away.

I think he does actually take skill to beat. You can't rush him. You have to take the fight slow. Bait the L1s and stay back during his aura.

Plenty of other champs are capable of beating him if you play carefully. All that having Iceman does is allow you to rush him and not be wary of his aura. Most players are used to beating the opponent as fast as they can and slow defensive fights throw them off.

That being said, I don't mean to imply that I thought it was an easy fight. It was certainly a challenge and I admit his heal is VERY frustrating. However, in the end Starlord can still punch a hole in his face.
  • Options
    I think I understand how he works now. I keep dying so he stacks souls and then his regen is stupid. I still can't beat him and probably never will but at least I get it now.

Thanks
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    ariebrkl wrote: »
    Mephisto is unbeatable in the new challenge with the combination high regen and endless aura.
    skill revives and units cant help
    what the hell?

This was the easiest challenge yet bro, there are plenty of ways to shut mephisto down, iceman, vulture, hood, visions, any champion that has a stagger ability. Iceman is the best option though. I personally didn't use a single potion or revive and I o my have 1 r4 5*
    Why Vulture? I don’t see anything that would be very good against Mephisto in his set.

Vulture has incinerate immunity.
    Only Mephisto and Iceman dude... Vulture’s dupe makes him immune to the debuff only, he still takes damage from Mephisto’s Aura.

I didn't actually say anything about the aura, although I would have thought that it would work on it since it's an incinerate. They only asked why would people use Vulture, which I answered. He does have incinerate immunity.

From his spotlight:

Signature Ability – Thermal Absorption – Passive

Vulture upgrades his suit to convert excess heat into power allowing him to start the fight at full Chitauri Energy and absorb any Incinerate Debuff applied to him, using it to fill his Chitauri Energy.
    Additionally, while the opponent is Incinerated, Gain 1.02% Power every 0.5 seconds.
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    edited October 2017
    I think I understand how he works now. I keep dying so he stacks souls and then his regen is stupid. I still can't beat him and probably never will but at least I get it now.

Thanks

Didn't you say you were using Vision? He has a heal block on his special 2. Just bring in Vision when he gets low and use the special 2 before he heals.

Well, more specifically it's when the opponent is burned to 0 power, but his special 2 always does that.
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Use a champ, make him use all of his charges to regen, then one-shot him with thr next champion

I am unable to execute the one-shot part of this. The next champ will still start with Mephisto having two souls. Mad at myself for wasting so many units and still not finishing when I wasn't ready.

• Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    “Omg quit crying it was easy”- player with Iceman, a cuncussion champ, $$$, and/or 4/55’s
  • Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    He’s easy beat him 1 handed