**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

Can I ask if anyone complaining has actually seen this buff / nerf? No.

Yes.. his losing fate seal.. I understand that.. there's a reason they've removed it. How can you complain before you've seen something. Wait until the buff comes out. Then kick and scream about it.

But hey, go ahead and keep pushing that disagree button to anyone who actually wants to see the buff before judging it. If it's a s*** buff, I'll be on here complaining.. until then. I want to see him before I pass judgement.

11 dislikes is my record so far.. bring it on boys, I'm waiting..

In the 🥪 I love to eat, there is a little ingredient A I like, but not many care for it. Now the shop says, they will change it, add much more value and other delicious items but will hence cease giving ingredient A.

Should I bother to taste what the new recipe is like since the only reason I want to eat that is it has a little ingredient A?
    LOL. I’m not a fan of this example.

It’s like going to get your sandwich and they say hey I know your sandwich you like the crunchy peanut butter and jelly one. We upgraded from store bought Jam to making our own, it’s healthier for you and it’s homemade and it allows us to sell more sandwiches to the health minded couple. If we continue to sell store bought jam, we would lose a lot of health conscious customers.

After that it’s your choice to buy the sandwich or not. Who knows it may taste great.
    At the moment Hood is a PB&J sandwich. What they're doing is taking the jam out and putting pastrami in. Which, by itself, would make a very nice sandwich. Just not with peanut butter, and not after I've had PB&J every day for four years, am very happy with, I SPECIFICALLY WANTED a PB&J sandwich, and no one asked me if I wanted pastrami - they just decided to change it anyway.
    No way LOL.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

Yes.. his losing fate seal.. I understand that.. there's a reason they've removed it. How can you complain before you've seen something. Wait until the buff comes out. Then kick and scream about it.

But hey, go ahead and keep pushing that disagree button to anyone who actually wants to see the buff before judging it. If it's a s*** buff, I'll be on here complaining.. until then. I want to see him before I pass judgement.

In the 🥪 I love to eat, there is a little ingredient A I like, but not many care for it. Now the shop says, they will change it, add much more value and other delicious items but will hence cease giving ingredient A.

Should I bother to taste what the new recipe is like since the only reason I want to eat that is it has a little ingredient A?

It’s like going to get your sandwich and they say hey I know your sandwich you like the crunchy peanut butter and jelly one. We upgraded from store bought Jam to making our own, it’s healthier for you and it’s homemade and it allows us to sell more sandwiches to the health minded couple. If we continue to sell store bought jam, we would lose a lot of health conscious customers.

After that it’s your choice to buy the sandwich or not. Who knows it may taste great.
    At the moment Hood is a PB&J sandwich. What they're doing is taking the jam out and putting pastrami in. Which, by itself, would make a very nice sandwich. Just not with peanut butter, and not after I've had PB&J every day for four years, am very happy with, I SPECIFICALLY WANTED a PB&J sandwich, and no one asked me if I wanted pastrami - they just decided to change it anyway.
    No way LOL.
    No no, he hit it right on the nail.
  • Options
    Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way.

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way LOL.
    We will see tomorrow. Keep in mind everyone has a side and just because you are one fence or the other doesn’t mean it’s right , this goes for myself as well. We are just trying to convince each other that we are right , but we can’t seem to agree on anything, without establishing some mutual agreement we will do in circles.
  • Options
    ADDIS0N said:

Hate to break it to you, but your stagger was saving you in that not your fate seal , with his buff that fate seal will not be necessary. It happens in this video consistently. Your video literally proves my point , he will have way more staggers and more damage.

• Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way.

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way LOL.
    We will see tomorrow. Keep in mind everyone has a side and just because you are one fence or the other doesn’t mean it’s right , this goes for myself as well. We are just trying to convince each other that we are right , but we can’t seem to agree on anything, without establishing some mutual agreement we will do in circles.
    Even if he has decent damage, he's lost his uniquity as an underrated but killer buff controller and now he'd be an alright damage dealer among an expanding sea of them.

Sure he could be a great damage dealer, but what you don't seem to get it that people know he's worse because he doesn't have what made him so good anymore, no amount of damage can replace utility.
  • Options

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way.

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way LOL.
    Even if he has decent damage, he's lost his uniquity as an underrated but killer buff controller and now he'd be an alright damage dealer among an expanding sea of them.

Sure he could be a great damage dealer, but what you don't seem to get it that people know he's worse because he doesn't have what made him so good anymore, no amount of damage can replace utility.
    Honestly ,
    People say he is not an Annhilus counter anymore and it’s just simply not true. He puts a stagger on him and nullifies the buff. This lets me know people are confusing the line between how certain interactions happen in the game and how they are affected.

So now that Annhilus is out the way, what else does Fate seal handle ? Resistor nodes? That’s a layup node. Champion boss? See previous vide.

I’m just concerned people don’t know what they are losing versus what they are gaining and can’t tell the difference.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

ADDIS0N said:

Hate to break it to you, but your stagger was saving you in that not your fate seal , with his buff that fate seal will not be necessary. It happens in this video consistently. Your video literally proves my point , he will have way more staggers and more damage.

You ignored the first video where you need fate seal to nullify that first power gain buff and control Vision Aarkus.
    He gets one power gain for the rest of the fight , that’s not problematic.
    Not really. Nullifying the power gain allows him to bypass the huge coldsnap damage and Vision can gain multiple power gain buffs at a time. That video precisely proofs my point where Hood needs Stagger and Fate Seal for excellent buff control. The power gain and coldsnap is what makes Vision Aarkus an annoying defender.
  • Options

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

ADDIS0N said:

You ignored the first video where you need fate seal to nullify that first power gain buff and control Vision Aarkus.
    He gets one power gain for the rest of the fight , that’s not problematic.
    Not really. Nullifying the power gain allows him to bypass the huge coldsnap damage and Vision can gain multiple power gain buffs at a time. That video precisely proofs my point where Hood needs Stagger and Fate Seal for excellent buff control.
    Definitely, that’s one case I have seen that’s problematic.
  • Options
    Faseeh said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

ADDIS0N said:

I’ll check out now
    Kinda problematic when the armor break puts coldsnap dealing 2400 dmg per tick :(
    Yes, I just took the path that is very problematic and I didn’t last long. This is the one fight I found that is trouble for him with the new re work .
  • Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

You are getting disagrees because you missed the point that is everyone is complaining that they are changing the core utility of the champ for which people ranked him up.
    Don't be melodramatic, you are getting disagrees because you are posting without understanding what exactly people are even arguing about here.
    Like I said.. I get everyone is crying about fate seal being removed.. my point is, I want to see the build before I cry about it. Yes, something has been removed. It's like if corvus's immortality was removed, ghosts phase, or nicks LMD.. but I'd still want to see what they bring to the table.. if I don't like what they've given me.. then I'm sending it back.

I'm not passing judgement until AFTER I've seen footage. I'm not being melodramatic, I'm loving that everyone disagrees.. because that's currently 14 people, who show they don't give a damn, and won't even give a build a chance. If they've put time into the build, then we should at least have the decency to try it. Then we can say it's s***..

I'll probably be in this post moaning too after it's been released. But I'm not moaning about it until I've had a chance to actually try it, or seen a decent amount of gameplay.
    If you still think people are only complaining about the hood’s fateseal, and not about the precedent it sets that kabam can alter or straight up remove huge parts of champions kits in place of damage
    SG was buffed two years ago. You're a little late