**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Paddo said:

Can I ask if anyone complaining has actually seen this buff / nerf? No.

Yes.. his losing fate seal.. I understand that.. there's a reason they've removed it. How can you complain before you've seen something. Wait until the buff comes out. Then kick and scream about it.

But hey, go ahead and keep pushing that disagree button to anyone who actually wants to see the buff before judging it. If it's a s*** buff, I'll be on here complaining.. until then. I want to see him before I pass judgement.

11 dislikes is my record so far.. bring it on boys, I'm waiting..

I'm gonna wait and see with this buff, off course.

But I am at least disappointed a bit already, cause I've always found The Hood really fun to play. Even until a year ago, when most content had smaller healthpoles, I used him quite frequently. He had the utility and he has a fun playstyle. So all he needed to be relevant again, is just a small increase in his attack.

Now by changing his abilities, I already feel like they are taking away a champion I liked playing. Even if he turns out to still be enjoyable, they still removed something I liked for no good reason.

It's the principal that 'buffs' on champions like the Hood, who has been mentioned plenty in every 'underrated champion' discussion, are gonna change key abilities about them. It's fine for champions that no one likes or uses. But champions that have use and that are 'underrated' should be the kind that just get number changes or small tweeks that make them more relevant.

The point is that there was no need for changing his abilities. Everyone would have been happy if you left The Hood as is, but with a little more attack.
    Well said, and the point is, what if kabam don’t get it right next time, and the champion is not enjoyable?

If kabam left hood how he is, just tweaked his damage, there’s two outcomes, either they gave him enough damage in which case people are happy, or they didn’t give him enough damage, in which case life goes on and hood players are still happy. Maybe a little disappointed. But still happy with the champion they have.

But now they’ve put themselves in a lose lose situation, either the damage is ok and hood players are still annoyed. Or the damage isn’t ok and hood players are still annoyed but also angry that their champion was changed for nothing- just a poor damage output champion with as much buff control as juggernaut.
  • Options
    Grim7787Grim7787 Posts: 73
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

Yes.. his losing fate seal.. I understand that.. there's a reason they've removed it. How can you complain before you've seen something. Wait until the buff comes out. Then kick and scream about it.

But hey, go ahead and keep pushing that disagree button to anyone who actually wants to see the buff before judging it. If it's a s*** buff, I'll be on here complaining.. until then. I want to see him before I pass judgement.

In the 🥪 I love to eat, there is a little ingredient A I like, but not many care for it. Now the shop says, they will change it, add much more value and other delicious items but will hence cease giving ingredient A.

Should I bother to taste what the new recipe is like since the only reason I want to eat that is it has a little ingredient A?
    LOL. I’m not a fan of this example.

It’s like going to get your sandwich and they say hey I know your sandwich you like the crunchy peanut butter and jelly one. We upgraded from store bought Jam to making our own, it’s healthier for you and it’s homemade and it allows us to sell more sandwiches to the health minded couple. If we continue to sell store bought jam, we would lose a lot of health conscious customers.

After that it’s your choice to buy the sandwich or not. Who knows it may taste great.
    At the moment Hood is a PB&J sandwich. What they're doing is taking the jam out and putting pastrami in. Which, by itself, would make a very nice sandwich. Just not with peanut butter, and not after I've had PB&J every day for four years, am very happy with, I SPECIFICALLY WANTED a PB&J sandwich, and no one asked me if I wanted pastrami - they just decided to change it anyway.
    No way.

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

In the 🥪 I love to eat, there is a little ingredient A I like, but not many care for it. Now the shop says, they will change it, add much more value and other delicious items but will hence cease giving ingredient A.

Should I bother to taste what the new recipe is like since the only reason I want to eat that is it has a little ingredient A?

It’s like going to get your sandwich and they say hey I know your sandwich you like the crunchy peanut butter and jelly one. We upgraded from store bought Jam to making our own, it’s healthier for you and it’s homemade and it allows us to sell more sandwiches to the health minded couple. If we continue to sell store bought jam, we would lose a lot of health conscious customers.

After that it’s your choice to buy the sandwich or not. Who knows it may taste great.
    At the moment Hood is a PB&J sandwich. What they're doing is taking the jam out and putting pastrami in. Which, by itself, would make a very nice sandwich. Just not with peanut butter, and not after I've had PB&J every day for four years, am very happy with, I SPECIFICALLY WANTED a PB&J sandwich, and no one asked me if I wanted pastrami - they just decided to change it anyway.
    No way LOL.
    No no, he hit it right on the nail.
    We will see tomorrow. Keep in mind everyone has a side and just because you are one fence or the other doesn’t mean it’s right , this goes for myself as well. We are just trying to convince each other that we are right , but we can’t seem to agree on anything, without establishing some mutual agreement we will do in circles.
    Even if he has decent damage, he's lost his uniquity as an underrated but killer buff controller and now he'd be an alright damage dealer among an expanding sea of them.

Sure he could be a great damage dealer, but what you don't seem to get it that people know he's worse because he doesn't have what made him so good anymore, no amount of damage can replace utility.
    Honestly ,
    People say he is not an Annhilus counter anymore and it’s just simply not true. He puts a stagger on him and nullifies the buff. This lets me know people are confusing the line between how certain interactions happen in the game and how they are affected.

So now that Annhilus is out the way, what else does Fate seal handle ? Resistor nodes? That’s a layup node. Champion boss? See previous vide.

I’m just concerned people don’t know what they are losing versus what they are gaining and can’t tell the difference.
    He can’t nullify the Rod without the current hex/fate seal on sp2. Have to remove it with sp2 first, then you can keep it off with the staggers.
  • Options

Grim7787 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way.

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way LOL.
    We will see tomorrow. Keep in mind everyone has a side and just because you are one fence or the other doesn’t mean it’s right , this goes for myself as well. We are just trying to convince each other that we are right , but we can’t seem to agree on anything, without establishing some mutual agreement we will do in circles.
    Even if he has decent damage, he's lost his uniquity as an underrated but killer buff controller and now he'd be an alright damage dealer among an expanding sea of them.

Sure he could be a great damage dealer, but what you don't seem to get it that people know he's worse because he doesn't have what made him so good anymore, no amount of damage can replace utility.
    Honestly ,
    People say he is not an Annhilus counter anymore and it’s just simply not true. He puts a stagger on him and nullifies the buff. This lets me know people are confusing the line between how certain interactions happen in the game and how they are affected.

So now that Annhilus is out the way, what else does Fate seal handle ? Resistor nodes? That’s a layup node. Champion boss? See previous vide.

I’m just concerned people don’t know what they are losing versus what they are gaining and can’t tell the difference.
    He can’t nullify the Rod without the current hex/fate seal on sp2. Have to remove it with sp2 first, then you can keep it off with the staggers.
    It’s bugged at the moment, but applying a stagger is supposed to make the cosmic rod go on cool down.
    It’s not bugged, lol. It’s says “activates”...

Staggers “activate” when a buff activates. In order for the rod to activate, it has to be removed first so it goes on cooldown. The only way for Hood to remove it is the sp2 nullify...
  • Options
    Grim7787 said:

Grim7787 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way.

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way LOL.

Honestly ,

It’s bugged at the moment, but applying a stagger is supposed to make the cosmic rod go on cool down.

Staggers “activate” when a buff activates. In order for the rod to activate, it has to be removed first so it goes on cooldown. The only way for Hood to remove it is the sp2 nullify...
    You’re absolutely right, “activate” was an unclear word and I misunderstood.

Just tested and duelled a hood with anihulus. Let him get a stagger on me then Dexed and the cosmic rod went on cool down. Unfortunately this means unless annihulus triggers a buff outside of cosmic rod, hood won’t be usable against him.

However, you can still use hood against annihulus if there’s a secondary buff node. May be niche, but how many feats of power, armour, fury on hit or any other buff nodes are there.

I still agree Hood will be way worse, just trying to make the best of a bad situation.
  • Options
    Grim7787 said:

I find it hard to believe it would be “OP” if they left the Fate seal in with the new kit. He’d essentially be a modified version of Sym Supreme.

What kinda freak out would happen if Sym’s cunning trigger no longer nullified buffs, but exploded his staggers or something instead, lol?

He absolutely wouldn’t be too OP, and I don’t think Kabam is arguing that. But they’re saying that he was too powerful for what they intended him for with fate seal, which is more annoying than wrong
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Grim7787 said:

Grim7787 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way.

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way LOL.

Honestly ,

Just tested and duelled a hood with anihulus. Let him get a stagger on me then Dexed and the cosmic rod went on cool down. Unfortunately this means unless annihulus triggers a buff outside of cosmic rod, hood won’t be usable against him.

However, you can still use hood against annihulus if there’s a secondary buff node. May be niche, but how many feats of power, armour, fury on hit or any other buff nodes are there.

I still agree Hood will be way worse, just trying to make the best of a bad situation.
    When Annhilus triggers unstoppable it removes the rod. The dex triggered his unstoppable.
  • Options
    Grim7787 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way.

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way LOL.

Honestly ,

Of course he can. Go duel some and see for yourself .
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Grim7787 said:

Texas_11 said:

Grim7787 said:

Grim7787 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way.

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way LOL.

Honestly ,

When Annhilus triggers unstoppable it removes the rod. The dex triggered his unstoppable.
    For Annihilus’ unstoppable to trigger, you have to let him touch you...

I prefer not to be touched, lol... 😘
    Don't you have to just dash back while a stifle is active?
  • Options

Grim7787 said:

Texas_11 said:

Grim7787 said:

Grim7787 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way.

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way LOL.

Honestly ,

Don't you have to just dash back while a stifle is active?
    That has to be placed on you either through block or direct hit
  • Options
    Grim7787 said:

Texas_11 said:

Grim7787 said:

Grim7787 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way.

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way LOL.

Honestly ,

How do you get to the SP2 , intercept ? For 18 hits in a row LOL? I’m just simply stating fate seal is not needed to remove his rod.
  • Options
    I’m against anything that forces you to take dmg where it can otherwise be avoided...

It’s one reason I absolutely hated Stubborn in AW. How you gonna punish peeps skill to avoid attacks by say “screw that... you can’t dmg me til I hit you...”, lol
  • Options
    Grim7787 said:

Texas_11 said:

Grim7787 said:

Texas_11 said:

Grim7787 said:

Grim7787 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way.

Texas_11 said:

Snizzbar said:

Texas_11 said:

No way LOL.

Honestly ,

How do you get to the SP2 , intercept ? For 18 hits in a row LOL? I’m just simply stating fate seal is not needed to remove his rod.
    Yes, lol. If you’re familiar with Annihilus, you know you can shallow evade and counter his dash all day, just like Domino, KM, etc...

Get to sp2, fire, then you can do as you will
    Then why do you bother nullifying it anyway? It doesn’t affect you, because you don’t get touched 😂