**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ghost Rider should have no soul

2»

Comments

• muddy17muddy17 Posts: 225
    I guess.... so ur saying that their are two souls in GR? cause as we know. the host is what contains the ghost rider power.. the ghost rider is essentially a lost soul that mephesto toys with and plays with... but what about the human host.. is his soul nolonger in the body??? makes no sense
  • LucbobLucbob Posts: 51
    @muddy17 I did not say GR has 2 souls. I am saying since he sold his so why should Mephisto gain any from knocking out GR. That’s all I’m saying. Let me go read Mephistos bio. Maybe I can get more insight there. I came here looking for answer and I’m getting some really salty responses that are not appreciated. Not you muddy but some people can’t hold a civilized conversation and it’s sad.
    Ok so here’s Mephisto’s bio. Let me say this now, how can GR unwillingly give up a soul that he has already sold to Mephisto?

Mephisto is an extra-dimensional demon whose main goal is to break the will and enslave the souls of noble Champions; though he cannot take their souls himself, his treachery and deception is often enough to convince his victims to give them up willingly. Mephisto is continually seeking to add more spirits to his realm, using them to his advantage whenever he sees fit. As a demon who has collected numerous souls, Mephisto is practically immortal and his fiery power is eternal.
    I mean how can he *willingly !!
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Those are lame excuses. Comics are different this is mcoc. Not a good response.

Let's just admit it Kabam forgot to put it in or it's bugged. Cut to the chase and stop the bs
  • BigHBigH Posts: 6
    They're called persistent soul charges, not soul charges. This just cancels out your whole theory on how Mephisto shouldn't be able to capture GR soul. Mephisto isn't capturing Ghost Rider's soul, he's only more persistent over the course of him killing champions. Unless you're talking about his soul capture thing which i'm assuming you're not because of the context of your wording.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    There's dave ruining threads again.
    @BigH I’m still a little confused. The misconception here is I found it strange that Mephisto could gain charges by knocking out champions that don’t have “a soul to take”. I thought “oh what a strategy for the boss rush, GR is stated to not have a soul so Mephisto shouldn’t gain charges if he knocks him out. Sadly, I was mistaken. I still think GR should not grant Mephisto charges by being knocked out by him considering the ability involves the taking of souls. (Unless is doesn’t which leads me to ask why call it “soul charges”) Persistent soul charges...I’m not sure why the word “persistent” makes a difference. I get that he builds them over each KO.

The whole thing is really just me thinking GR should counter the persistent soul charge concept.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Does ultron have a soul ? How do u Degen a robot too. Does vision have a soul ?
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    @Lucbob @Spino you guys keep talking comic accuracy but in the comics Ghostrider actually does have a soul. Yes, he did sell it to Mephisto but Mephisto was unable to claim it because Johnny's love interest managed to ward him off so in revenge Mephisto bonded Johnny to a demon which is what makes him change into the ghost rider. He still has a soul.

Now, @New_Noob168 yes Ultron and vision do have souls, the concept of the soul is tied to one's consciousness and feelings. Vision and Ultron are robots but their AI is completely self-aware and capable of emotion giving both of them consciousnesses, and in turn, giving them a soul. You can also degenerate robots because the word degeneration doesn't only apply to living tissue. There is mental degeneration which even though it is a bit of a stretch, robots like vision would be susceptible to but more importantly, you can by definition degenerate metals so you could also physically degenerate robots like vision and Ultron

• BigHBigH Posts: 6
    Sungj wrote: »
    @Lucbob @Spino you guys keep talking comic accuracy but in the comics Ghostrider actually does have a soul. Yes, he did sell it to Mephisto but Mephisto was unable to claim it because Johnny's love interest managed to ward him off so in revenge Mephisto bonded Johnny to a demon which is what makes him change into the ghost rider. He still has a soul.

Now, @New_Noob168 yes Ultron and vision do have souls, the concept of the soul is tied to one's consciousness and feelings. Vision and Ultron are robots but their AI is completely self-aware and capable of emotion giving both of them consciousnesses, and in turn, giving them a soul. You can also degenerate robots because the word degeneration doesn't only apply to living tissue. There is mental degeneration which even though it is a bit of a stretch, robots like vision would be susceptible to but more importantly, you can by definition degenerate metals so you could also physically degenerate robots like vision and Ultron

Thank you.
    Earlier I specifically said I’m trying to base this off of what Mcoc says about the characters so I must say I was not trying to base anything off of the comics. @Sungj
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Lucbob wrote: »
    Earlier I specifically said I’m trying to base this off of what Mcoc says about the characters so I must say I was not trying to base anything off of the comics. @Sungj

Oh my mistake then I did see spino talking about comic accuracy and you were arguing with him so I just assumed. It still answered your question so I hope it cleared things up. GR did sell his stole but there is a bit more to his story that isn't in his bio, it sounds like he wouldn't have a soul but he does
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    I don't really know GR's entire story, but he's still a dude that transforms into that form. So, he probably still has a soul. I mean, the Ghost Rider literally is a soul that possesses him.

Wouldn't get too technical though. It's all fictional and for fun.
  • Dseptykon13Dseptykon13 Posts: 53
    Electro should be immune to shock but he isn't...
    @Sungj Spino actually agreed with me so no argument there. It’s okay.