**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    You guys realize that his great regen just got nerfed, don’t you? The 50% increased damage output does it for you then?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    NOT ANYMORE
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, just another check in here to let you know that we are continuously reviewing your feedback here. In light of the recent Bugs, the team has taken a closer look at the situation and are still in discussion.

Please be assured that we value your constructive feedback on the matter and appreciate your understanding at this time.

We hope to provide you with some promising news in the next 48 hours or so. Thank you again.

Thanks for keeping us up to date but feedback and testing should have been done with the CCP before release. They seem to know the game better than your developers do and most of them spotted the upcoming problems right away just by reading the description.
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, just another check in here to let you know that we are continuously reviewing your feedback here. In light of the recent Bugs, the team has taken a closer look at the situation and are still in discussion.

Please be assured that we value your constructive feedback on the matter and appreciate your understanding at this time.

We hope to provide you with some promising news in the next 48 hours or so. Thank you again.

IDK I think the simplest fix that everyone here would agree on is to put Hood back before his "buff."
    If y'all are reviewing our feedback, maybe y'all should take that in consideration.
    Everyone liked his kit before his buff and everyone liked that fate seal he had on his SP2.
    While its true this buff was supposed to make him great damage wise, all I see from this buff is a poor man's Doctor Doom without the fun.
    From the beginning, I always assumed these buffs were supposed to make players be excited about pulling units.
    Honestly, I'd personally take the Hood from before his buff over this shell any day of the week.
    Plus idk why, personally, champs like Massacre and Angela(the latter was literally the jackpot out of the 6 star when they first came out) are being buffed when both were already good champs, heck I'd go as far as to say the 4 who received buffs, only Civil Warrior actually needed a buff. I can name 10 characters rn who actually need buffs, some of them would've gone great with the newest champ Odin.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    No significant regen, no fate seal.
  • RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
    Good lord. Shows most of you watch just Seatin, not any other youtubers and can’t come to a conclusion yourself. Hood is 5x the champion he used to be.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Kpatrix said:

Of course they took away the one thing that made the lack of fate seal seem balanced- I ranked him up after seeing how good his regen was especially with suicides. Now I have to send a ticket saying this isn’t the champ I ranked based on his buff just like others want to recover resources since he isn’t the same as the champ they ranked before the anti buff. It’s crazy, we’ve had 3 different Hoods in a bit more than 24 hours, maybe not crazy but abso freaking lutely ridiculous.

Well thats on you because anybody with a clue were saying dont rank him up for its regen since there was huge question about it being bugged.
  • RobbieRampageRobbieRampage Posts: 144 ★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

@Texas_11 it’s Hood today.
    May be your favorite champ tomorrow.

I’m ready man.
    BAM Elsa no longer reloads her debuffs and they cap at 1. But her incinerate has 500% potency and higher base attack! OP!
    That’s not quite the same change.

It would be more like Elsa losing her to utility say.... while bleeding she heals blocks opponent’s they remove that.
    That is no where close to the same as losing al forms of fate seal.

She doesnt take reduced bleed damage so it doesnt do much in endgame content.
    When is the last time you used hood? Not with ghost? What is the last fight you had with hood where you fate sealed the opponent and it helped because it wasn’t due to the stagger?
    Messing around in act 7 a week or two ago. Not that ive used many champs other than my AW ones in the past few weeks.
    I’m not trying to pick an argument. All I’m saying is, I think people have been overestimating how effective hoods fate seal has been for them, this is clearly shown when people are fighting her champion boss.

The only fight I feel really got bad was the vision AA fights, and that’s because he couldn’t remove buffs. I have said this several times now. Any of us can take a champ and do a summary of every single node they are good for and say we used them for them it’s just not practical to take anecdotes and apply it to data.

It’s like saying we are going to start ticketing everyone who doesn’t wear a mask. There are some people saying I haven’t worn a mask ever and I never had a virus. It just doesn’t work like that man. If Kabam could show us the data we could probably have a better conversation about this.
    And what about those that truly ranked Hood up for his fateseal? As i know a few did? Do they just get to suck it up, or do they get rdts? It would only make sense.
    I ranked magneto to R5 for two fights in AOL for the Killmongers. I haven’t used him since. Of course I think if they genuinely used hoods fate seal RDT is reasonably. They can add it back on the SP3. I would prefer they hand out rank up tickets .
    What does that have to do with this conversation..? Rank up tickets..?

Tbh, i still prefer the old Hood. Flashy numbers are great but i like the old one.
    I think Rank down tickets punish the summoner , while giving a Rank up ticket or R1-R2 or whatever variation doesn’t punisher you for not liking the rework.
    They are never just going to hand out rank up tickets, then you'd have a ranked up Hood and be able to rank someone else up, Kabam isn't that generous, we've seen that with the regen issue.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    I would like to change my vote after his regen nerf.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★

Kabam Boo said:

IDK I think the simplest fix that everyone here would agree on is to put Hood back before his "buff."
    If y'all are reviewing our feedback, maybe y'all should take that in consideration.
    Everyone liked his kit before his buff and everyone liked that fate seal he had on his SP2.
    While its true this buff was supposed to make him great damage wise, all I see from this buff is a poor man's Doctor Doom without the fun.
    From the beginning, I always assumed these buffs were supposed to make players be excited about pulling units.
    Honestly, I'd personally take the Hood from before his buff over this shell any day of the week.
    Plus idk why, personally, champs like Massacre and Angela(the latter was literally the jackpot out of the 6 star when they first came out) are being buffed when both were already good champs, heck I'd go as far as to say the 4 who received buffs, only Civil Warrior actually needed a buff. I can name 10 characters rn who actually need buffs, some of them would've gone great with the newest champ Odin.
    IMO he’s way more enjoyable now. Just wish they would give some of his regen back and add the fate seal to the sp2
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    For my roster, yes he’s gotten better. For people who ranked him up and used him for his utility, no, the buff was very bad.
  • SbkruebSbkrueb Posts: 493 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

I appreciate this @Kabam Boo . Thank you for letting us know you are there and that this is not the final word.