**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Side quest is so confusing

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
    Nnn said:

DrZola said:

Nnn said:

Yes u wasted the feather as kabam specified that uc or above will start from tier 5 and one shouldn't have used it in tier 3 knowing it was bugged

Actually, that’s wrong too—apparently, you’re supposed to start on Tier 6 after buying all the caskets. The lower tier stays open for some reason, and can cause you to waste your entry, which isn’t confusing at all, since most players progress from one quest to the next.

Dr. Zola
    But uc and above have to start from tier 5 and I'm cav
    That’s what I did as TB. Now I’m locked out of Tier 6 because I’m out of feathers.

Dr. Zola
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,127 ★★★★★

The game mail should have stated this. I followed the forum announcement and it worked as described. Bad in game message :(

I did exactly that. Bought casket 1-5. I was still in tier 1 and wasted my feather
  • Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited March 2021

Ksp_2099 said:

Bought all 5 and started at tier 5.
    We should be able to start at tier 6, right?
    My uru and feathers are lost now.
    Please, if this was mistake then kabam should refund my feathers and uru fragments.

I mean if you read the message before you would have known it should have been tier 6....
    Bro we are here to play a game and relax,
    Not to do a duty.
    I already have so much stuffs to read for my master's degree.
    I have been playing this game since 2017 and I have never faced these type of issues before.
    These are just bad game side quests design.
    People play game to relax and to escape a exhausting day, but not to do PhD to read so much for about little things.

• Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Posts: 390 ★★★
    Nothing is mentioned in games mail that you are required to start off by buying all the previous caskets to start at Tier 6. Most side quest either give you the option on what difficulty or you have to work your way up to a higher level to receive better rewards.

Kabam didn't clarify...
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    zuffy said:

The game mail should have stated this. I followed the forum announcement and it worked as described. Bad in game message :(

I did exactly that. Bought casket 1-5. I was still in tier 1 and wasted my feather
    Yeah, seems like it didn't work for others either. Hopefully they fix it and give a 2nd feather to everyone.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,648 Guardian
    DrZola said:

Nnn said:

DrZola said:

Nnn said:

Yes u wasted the feather as kabam specified that uc or above will start from tier 5 and one shouldn't have used it in tier 3 knowing it was bugged

Actually, that’s wrong too—apparently, you’re supposed to start on Tier 6 after buying all the caskets. The lower tier stays open for some reason, and can cause you to waste your entry, which isn’t confusing at all, since most players progress from one quest to the next.

Dr. Zola
    That’s what I did as TB. Now I’m locked out of Tier 6 because I’m out of feathers.

Dr. Zola
    They might give compensatory feathers out, but that might be tricky (if they gave one to everyone, people like me that didn't run into the bug would get one extra run at tier 10, which is non-trivial). But if they don't, it isn't too bad. You did a run of T5 instead of T6, which means you got T5 rewards instead of T6 which aren't a big deal either way, and the Uru you picked up from T5 is close enough to T6 that you'll still get the maximum number of shots at the T10 rewards. When you get your next feather, do T6, and keep doing T6. You're still on track for the maximum rewards, minus one run of T6 and plus one run of T5.

In other words, you lost some T4B frags and 2 4* sig stones. Also 250 T1A fragments. But hey you got 300 more 4* shards. A mistake at this early level costs almost nothing.

In fact anyone who did T1 instead of T6 is still not missing out on much, because T1 gives 8 Uru and T6 gives 10, and there's I think a margin for error of I think ten. It sucks to miss anything, but just for reference here are the T1, T5, and T6 rewards:

Anyone who did either T1 because of the bug or T5 because of a mistake has either one or two less Uru which is needed for caskets but with a margin for error of ten that's not a problem. And you lost T6 rewards and got either T1 or T5 rewards. Which is eh.
  • Logan00Logan00 Posts: 564 ★★★
    What a mess, are you getting a new feather daily? I have wasted mine in tier 1
  • Logan00Logan00 Posts: 564 ★★★
    zuffy said:

Same
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Nnn said:

DrZola said:

Nnn said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    They might give compensatory feathers out, but that might be tricky (if they gave one to everyone, people like me that didn't run into the bug would get one extra run at tier 10, which is non-trivial). But if they don't, it isn't too bad. You did a run of T5 instead of T6, which means you got T5 rewards instead of T6 which aren't a big deal either way, and the Uru you picked up from T5 is close enough to T6 that you'll still get the maximum number of shots at the T10 rewards. When you get your next feather, do T6, and keep doing T6. You're still on track for the maximum rewards, minus one run of T6 and plus one run of T5.

In other words, you lost some T4B frags and 2 4* sig stones. Also 250 T1A fragments. But hey you got 300 more 4* shards. A mistake at this early level costs almost nothing.

In fact anyone who did T1 instead of T6 is still not missing out on much, because T1 gives 8 Uru and T6 gives 10, and there's I think a margin for error of I think ten. It sucks to miss anything, but just for reference here are the T1, T5, and T6 rewards:

Anyone who did either T1 because of the bug or T5 because of a mistake has either one or two less Uru which is needed for caskets but with a margin for error of ten that's not a problem. And you lost T6 rewards and got either T1 or T5 rewards. Which is eh.
    I’m not as worried about that as I am about the inability to message clearly.

Complex events are interesting and can even be fun. But it’s not illogical to think things proceed ordinally; since there was confusion even before the event launched, you’d think that would be reason enough to be extra-diligent in providing lots of places to get a thorough explanation. Just provide adequate game documentation—it’s a simple request.

Three in-game messages. Read them all, have plenty of education. Still tripped me up.

Dr. Zola
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,648 Guardian
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Nnn said:

DrZola said:

Nnn said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

I’m not as worried about that as I am about the inability to message clearly.

Complex events are interesting and can even be fun. But it’s not illogical to think things proceed ordinally; since there was confusion even before the event launched, you’d think that would be reason enough to be extra-diligent in providing lots of places to get a thorough explanation. Just provide adequate game documentation—it’s a simple request.

Three in-game messages. Read them all, have plenty of education. Still tripped me up.

Dr. Zola
    I don't think the messaging itself was confusing, the problem is it didn't match the behavior of the quest itself which is then very confusing. However, at least this time there's some safety margin built into the quest because the early day rewards (when bugs are likely to happen) are trivial, and there's enough margin for error for players to make multiple mistakes, as long as they don't make the ultimate mistake of not running T10 itself when they are supposed to.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Did we all ignore the fact that kabam FINALLY put an update tab? Dude it made it so much easier to read.

Okay ya'll can go back to dissing kabam
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    I'm not sure why this has to be so confusing. I think everyone prefers simplier side quests. The mutant one wasn't good and made me not want to even play it. This one seems just as confusing. I suggest keeping it simple. Complete side quest get shards or items needed and have a store to use them on. Stop over thinking it.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    ADDIS0N said:

Wat?

So I was supposed to use the feather to buy something and not complete the event?

Why would it be set up that way?

Why wouldn’t different currency be used for the keys and the gates?

Yah I messed it up too I guess.
  • NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 194
    Are we supposed to start at tier 2 when we buy casket 5 or do we have to buy 5 caskets?
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Ya this is poor design. Even doing the correct way I could only do level 5.

I did level 1 though as it was the only one on the screen
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Nuclekerr said:

Are we supposed to start at tier 2 when we buy casket 5 or do we have to buy 5 caskets?