**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Please don’t be deterred by The Hood reaction, Kabam: The buff program is amazing

ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
I won’t go for too long or too deep, because all of us can read or have read about The Hood and the reversion of the kit.

I just wanted to say that the avalanche of criticism for this particular set of changes for The Hood and the various feedback of buffs that might not always be universally praised, my opinion is that the buff program is one of the most important things this game has ever done and I hope that people don’t lose sight of that, and most importantly, I hope Kabam doesn’t throw their hands in the air and say “screw this.”

By my count, there are still maybe 20 or so characters who desperately need some level of help. Another 15 or so could use a pass for DPS that better reflects a 6-star/Cavalier world with 240K-300K plus bosses.

The buff program, again...it has taken, what, at least a dozen characters that were basically unplayable anywhere and given them a purpose or better foundation within the game.

This game is RNG and resource-driven, and choices matter. It is crucial to the health of this game that no player pulls multiple characters that simply are not able to be used effectively — I truly do get that this stuff is hard and that not every kit is gonna be perfect initially or age well.

This game evolves. Stuff changes.

A robust program of buffs and adjustments is needed, still, despite the feedback on The Hood.

Please, keep going.

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

I won’t go for too long or too deep, because all of us can read or have read about The Hood and the reversion of the kit.

I just wanted to say that the avalanche of criticism for this particular set of changes for The Hood and the various feedback of buffs that might not always be universally praised, my opinion is that the buff program is one of the most important things this game has ever done and I hope that people don’t lose sight of that, and most importantly, I hope Kabam doesn’t throw their hands in the air and say “screw this.”

By my count, there are still maybe 20 or so characters who desperately need some level of help. Another 15 or so could use a pass for DPS that better reflects a 6-star/Cavalier world with 240K-300K plus bosses.

The buff program, again...it has taken, what, at least a dozen characters that were basically unplayable anywhere and given them a purpose or better foundation within the game.

This game is RNG and resource-driven, and choices matter. It is crucial to the health of this game that no player pulls multiple characters that simply are not able to be used effectively — I truly do get that this stuff is hard and that not every kit is gonna be perfect initially or age well.

This game evolves. Stuff changes.

A robust program of buffs and adjustments is needed, still, despite the feedback on The Hood.

Please, keep going.

Thanks for this post. I agree 1000%
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    If you'd just added the fate seal back it would have been fine. I thought he was going to be a lot worse.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Yep.
  • yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    I agree, i'm grateful for this game.
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Civil warrior buff is impractical. Daredevil buff was a big failure. Other that yes. It is a good programme
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★

Civil warrior buff is impractical. Daredevil buff was a big failure. Other that yes. It is a good programme

Impractical how?
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★

How so?
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    I hope you aren't completely giving up on Hood. The buffed version simply with his fate seal included would have been awesome.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    edited March 2021
    @ESF

I don't really do threads... but I considered a write up to say exactly this. Well done!
    @Kabam...I consider the Champion Buff Program one of the most player friendly things we have seen. Please know you have our full support despite the occasional misstep.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    I love the program and I think it's greatly appreciated. I can't wait to see how the rest of this year goes with not just new Champions being added but older champs getting a much needed second look. The only major change I would have made is I'd just announce who's on the radar for the rest of the year, that way we can both temper certain expectations as well as create Buzz for others.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I totally agree. The only buff that I didn’t like was ddhk. I supported the people who didn’t like the hood buff because I know there were people who had already ranked him up and it was harmful to them.

In my opinion there will always be buffs that people do like and we shouldn’t expect them all to be amazing but we definitely need to continue having them.