**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nuff Kang, Thanos, and Ultron Trophy Champs

Jberg14Jberg14 Posts: 39
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
I know this has been said before, but no matter if the champions are “trophy Champions” they need a total rework like Magneto (Red) These are the OG of the game and are the true beasts in this amazing game. That being said I feel as though they need a revamp because their abilities don’t match up... Even compared to falcon... which is disappointing haha. But yeah thoughts on overhauls with these champions?. Also, I don’t care if it affects F2P players because you know mate if you are dedicated and want to spend a little it helps the game grow and make this a relic as Kabam would say:) So thoughts?

Comments

• Jberg14Jberg14 Posts: 39

Jberg14 said:

I know this has been said before, but no matter if the champions are “trophy Champions” they need a total rework like Magneto (Red) These are the OG of the game and are the true beasts that villains in this amazing game. That being said I feel as though they need a revamp because their abilities don’t match up to falcon... which is disappointing haha. But yeah thoughts on overhauls with these champions. Also, I don’t care if it affects F2P players because you know mate if you are dedicated and want to spend a little it helps the game grow and make this a relic as Kabam would say:) So thoughts?

weapon x is the only trophy champ thats good. but they are trophy champs for a reason, to flex
    Mate Weapon X is an amazing champion in the game but no where to the weak abilities of Thanos, Kang, and Ultron

As much as I'd like to see it happen, I think the dev focus should be on champs that far more of the playerbase has as opposed to very rare champs. Towards the end of the buff cycle? Sure, absolutely. Anytime soon? Nah, the time is far better spent on more widely available champs.

I agree with you there on getting the majority of player base characters first. But it would definitely be an amazing thing to see at least one of the 3 get buffed eventually. And yes at the end of the buff cycle maybe one trophy at the end of the year during Christmas or something, cause they are buffing like 3-4 champions every month
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Jberg14 said:

I know this has been said before, but no matter if the champions are “trophy Champions” they need a total rework like Magneto (Red) These are the OG of the game and are the true beasts that villains in this amazing game. That being said I feel as though they need a revamp because their abilities don’t match up to falcon... which is disappointing haha. But yeah thoughts on overhauls with these champions. Also, I don’t care if it affects F2P players because you know mate if you are dedicated and want to spend a little it helps the game grow and make this a relic as Kabam would say:) So thoughts?

weapon x is the only trophy champ thats good. but they are trophy champs for a reason, to flex
    That’s pretty false.
    OG Vision is very good as well.
    Also, Platinpool, Goldpool and Labyrinth Ultron ain’t that trash people think. They are just average.
    Immortal Iron Fist, Unstoppable Colossus, Thanos and Kang are trash though.

It’s not really fair to the player base to give thanos and kang buffs on the level of magneto. These champs are inaccessible to the majority of people outside of the top 30 alliances. The only way to get them is via greater gifting crystals once a year. Making those champs some of the best in the game would probably turn more people away from spending than bringing in more revenue

I highly disagree there mate, I think it would make players eventually want to spend there money on game that’s considered a relic to be. I know they are extremely hard to get. But think about how awesome it would be to have something worth while. I got a 5 star Kang pull with no money spent on the Greater gifting Crystals. I ranked up Kang to fully maxed cause he is an amazing champ in any game or comic. But, it would make players spend to get that golden ticket champ.
    Greekhit said:

Jberg14 said:

That’s pretty false.
    Also, Platinpool, Goldpool and Labyrinth Ultron ain’t that trash people think. They are just average.
    Thanks mate :) I totally agree there needs to be revamp for all those champs you listed lol
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Greekhit said:

Jberg14 said:

That’s pretty false.
    Kang with Apocalypse is far from trash
    Unstoppable Colossus with Red Guardian isn’t terrible either
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    Kang with Apoc synergy makes him amazing.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,349 ★★★★★
    If going for widely available then lab ultron as is from 100% lab so everyone in end will get him so feels right to be buffed but all depends where he is on kabams list as im sure kabam has a list of every champ and the months to buff champs
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

Jberg14 said:

That’s pretty false.
    Kang with Apocalypse is far from trash
    Unstoppable Colossus with Red Guardian isn’t terrible either
    My “ratings” were for stand alone.
    Yeah, I agree with synergies, they become somewhat descent 👍

Jberg14 said:

It’s not really fair to the player base to give thanos and kang buffs on the level of magneto. These champs are inaccessible to the majority of people outside of the top 30 alliances. The only way to get them is via greater gifting crystals once a year. Making those champs some of the best in the game would probably turn more people away from spending than bringing in more revenue

I highly disagree there mate, I think it would make players eventually want to spend there money on game that’s considered a relic to be. I know they are extremely hard to get. But think about how awesome it would be to have something worth while. I got a 5 star Kang pull with no money spent on the Greater gifting Crystals. I ranked up Kang to fully maxed cause he is an amazing champ in any game or comic. But, it would make players spend to get that golden ticket champ.
    That’s the problem though. Locking a champ who would be one of the best in the game is fundamentally broken. Imagine if quake or ghost were locked behind cav crystals with no Other way to get them except for rare occurrences like abyss legends runs
    Exactly that’s what makes the game super fun is having that one moment of glory from getting the champ you want. Patience is the key mate
  • MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    Nuff them real good
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    Wouldn’t mind a Classic Ultron buff

Jberg14 said:

I know this has been said before, but no matter if the champions are “trophy Champions” they need a total rework like Magneto (Red) These are the OG of the game and are the true beasts in this amazing game. That being said I feel as though they need a revamp because their abilities don’t match up... Even compared to falcon... which is disappointing haha. But yeah thoughts on overhauls with these champions?. Also, I don’t care if it affects F2P players because you know mate if you are dedicated and want to spend a little it helps the game grow and make this a relic as Kabam would say:) So thoughts?

I dont have an issue with the buffs though i'd buff other champs first. What I have an issue with is how ur basically saying I dont care, screw ftp players.

Jberg14 said:

I dont have an issue with the buffs though i'd buff other champs first. What I have an issue with is how ur basically saying I dont care, screw ftp players.
    That’s not the issue I live free to play options but to be invested for future you should be able to spend even a little. Because it’s like saying hey if I go to Walmart and not spend any money then I won’t get anything out of my shopping

Jberg14 said:

Jberg14 said:

That’s the problem though. Locking a champ who would be one of the best in the game is fundamentally broken. Imagine if quake or ghost were locked behind cav crystals with no Other way to get them except for rare occurrences like abyss legends runs
    Exactly that’s what makes the game super fun is having that one moment of glory from getting the champ you want. Patience is the key mate
    Being forced to spend in Oder to get the best champs in the game is not fun. It also has nothing to do with patience. It is entirely based on spending
    It’s part of making this relic dude. You want the game to last you have to donate to keep this content around and fun for years.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    dedication ≠ money spent
  • Six_strings6Six_strings6 Posts: 223 ★★
    Jberg14 said:

Jberg14 said:

Jberg14 said:

Being forced to spend in Oder to get the best champs in the game is not fun. It also has nothing to do with patience. It is entirely based on spending
    It’s part of making this relic dude. You want the game to last you have to donate to keep this content around and fun for years.
    Kabam make enough money off the gifting event already. Looking at last year, the top 30 rewards totalled way more than 100 grand in revenue. This is on top of any extra offers on Christmas or throughout the month. The gifting event is already a money maker. No need to make it even more pay to win and risk losing spenders

Jberg14 said:

Jberg14 said:

Jberg14 said:

That’s not the issue I live free to play options but to be invested for future you should be able to spend even a little. Because it’s like saying hey if I go to Walmart and not spend any money then I won’t get anything out of my shopping
    Bruh, you should be able to be completely ftp and still play. If you dont pay it should still be possible to keep up a little with other players if you grind a lot more rather than buffing a bunch of trophy champs you basically need to pay money for to BGT.</blockquote

FTP I’m not against it’s the fact of the Matter it’s a company trying to make money and bring us enjoyment. But you can still get great champs just as much as spenders it just takes longer to be FTP. I would love to be FTP but I love this game too much and I want to help grow this game more.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Jberg14 said:

Jberg14 said:

Jberg14 said:

Bruh, you should be able to be completely ftp and still play. If you dont pay it should still be possible to keep up a little with other players if you grind a lot more rather than buffing a bunch of trophy champs you basically need to pay money for to BGT.
    FTP I’m not against it’s the fact of the Matter it’s a company trying to make money and bring us enjoyment. But you can still get great champs just as much as spenders it just takes longer to be FTP. I would love to be FTP but I love this game too much and I want to help grow this game more.
    Well, you can still do that without forcing other players to do the same thing. Locking an overpowered champion behind a paywall is a scummy move and wouldn't just drive away ftp players, but could also drive away some big spenders who'd see that this is a trash move and didn't want to support it.
  • The_HoTUThe_HoTU Posts: 445 ★★
    If Kabam would buff these Trophy Champions then people would spend more units for these champions in December event. In turn Kabam will get more profit.
    This time many people refused to spend units because Thanos , Kang are trash but if Kabam would buff them then people will spend their units
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★

Jberg14 said:

Yeah, sounds very egoistic. He just want them buffed cause he was lucky enough to get him. And doesn‘t care about the other/F2P players.

Kang really isn‘t that bad with Synergies (Apoc Syn) ... and Platinpool is very solid as well (Spider Ham Syn).
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I agree that eventually they should be buffed but why would you want them buffed before other people such as og spidey or regular ultron or others around that level.