Options

Respect for Mojo in the Boss Rush

SpinnakerSpinnaker Posts: 271 ★★★
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
In case you didn't know, Mojo is hands down my favorite champion in MCOC, and this new boss rush just proved it even more. Mojo was able to do an itemless solo of the last 5 bosses (I didn't do Elsa because it would have added a lot of time to the video so I took her with Archangel) with ease. Here are my writeups (the video is also here) on what makes Mojo so good for these fights.

Sorcerer Supreme: Here Mojo wasn't necessarily an MVP, but willpower definitely was. It took a little bit of experimentation to figure out the best way to approach the fight (as you can tell by the times in the video when I constantly dash back to avoid nullification) but Mojo excels at doing damage to the opponent without even touching them. If I did this fight again, I'd probably lock her in an sp3 loop to avoid the fury nullification

Black Widow: This fight is crazy fun with Mojo. One she gets to an sp2, you can effectively loop your sp2 with Mojo and her sp2. This is because her sp2 gives her two buffs that instantly expire, giving enough power through MD for Mojo to be at his sp2. This loop was very effective at constantly doing damage to Black Widow

Jubilee: Jubilee's power gain this fight was effectively nonexistent, because the Anti-Life field on Mojo cancelled it out. Mojo also always has a fury buff if you complete his prompts regularly which counteracted Rich get Richer. I did this fight originally with quake but on this run with Mojo, it was a lot more fun and quick. I used the Magneto prefight to make it quicker, but it can definitely be done without it too.

Tigra: This was my favorite fight throughout the whole video. Mojo's heavy attacks are non contact, so I was able to spam them to an sp2, and with power shield+fury, the sp2 hit so hard. Power Shield also increases the damage on the degens, so Tigra melted incredibly quickly.

Storm Pyramid X: A lot of people don't know this, but Mojo can be played very easily without touching the opponent. This is how I took down the 6.2.2 Mr. Sinister and it worked very well against Storm too. I just avoided hitting Storm while completing prompts to quickly get my sp2 and rinse her down. It goes by pretty fast too.

Overall, this boss rush has a lot of champions who can probably make it through the whole thing, but Mojo was just a very fun and effective option who hardly gets the attention that he deserves.

This is my first ever video so it may be a little bland, but I hope it makes you respect Mojo as a much as I do :smile:
https://youtu.be/wX6dVQn28f8

Comments

• Options
    Kerneas said:

I call this thread a heavenly intervention. Just today was I telling my friend how much I enjoy playing Mojo. I might rank him up after seeing this. I have 10 r5 5*s and one 3-4 mystic gem, so why not :smile:

I would say to go for it! He was my first r5 5* and as you can tell, I don't regret it one bit. He still came in quite handy on frustrating lanes in 7.1
    Valmarx said:

Respect for breaking the mainstream 😯

Thanks. I just want Mojo to get the recognition he deserves :smile:
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the recommendation! My skills were very much lacking but mojo did it without much issue.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Mojo best waifu.

If only he was more suicide friendly, instant 5r5s200. Granted, that's most mystics.
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

Mojo best waifu.

If only he was more suicide friendly, instant 5r5s200. Granted, that's most mystics.

I'd honestly say he's worth it regardless. His regen is very underrated since it keeps him topped up even with the poison ticking down. His sp3 loop works just as well as the sp2 loop so you can avoid recoil, and if you are good at getting the 20% bonus on the sp3, the degens get the 20% bonus too. The bleeds and poisons definitely tick him down but he's so useful regardless in my opinion
  • Options
    awesome1werawesome1wer Posts: 101
    I'll admit i love playing him he's just so fun to play and has some pretty good utility.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Qfury said:

I really enjoy playing mojo. Gave him a generic and 199 Sig stones but damn his block proficiency sucks.

Just run Guardian with him if you have him, I normally do.
    I have Mojo at 6r3 sig47 and he's such a beast. I use him everywhere and he smashes so much content.
  • Options

Qfury said:

I really enjoy playing mojo. Gave him a generic and 199 Sig stones but damn his block proficiency sucks.

Just run Guardian with him if you have him, I normally do.
    I have Mojo at 6r3 sig47 and he's such a beast. I use him everywhere and he smashes so much content.
    Oh I wish I had a 6* duped Mojo that is the dream. I completely agree about Guardian (I was running him in the team in the boss rush video too), and people do severely underestimate how the regen compensates for the block proficiency reduction. Also, with the amount of power gain, I find myself not even needing to block. This was one of the reasons I used Mojo in destructive feedback lanes and he performs so well.
  • Options
    Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    I keep wanting to love Mojo, but idk if it’s bad rng or what but I feel I’m always running into bad prompt streaks like idle w an aggressive defender, or punish a special attack which can be hard to control and also sometimes won’t trigger when u do it. That plus the squishiness tend to ruin the good times. He’s awesome when everything is clicking tho. This is a nice showcase.
  • Options
    ToastyToasty Posts: 155 ★★
    edited March 2021
    Ayyy what’s up spin I’ll def try mojo when redoing it for the pfps.
    Btw it’s me turtle pie
  • Options
    Tru100 said:

I keep wanting to love Mojo, but idk if it’s bad rng or what but I feel I’m always running into bad prompt streaks like idle w an aggressive defender, or punish a special attack which can be hard to control and also sometimes won’t trigger when u do it. That plus the squishiness tend to ruin the good times. He’s awesome when everything is clicking tho. This is a nice showcase.

Thanks! Yeah the rng is a little tough to get around but the heavy reset and the awakened ability locking in your persistent charges really helps in getting him goin.
    Toasty said:

Ayyy what’s up spin I’ll def try mojo when redoing it for the pfps.
    Btw it’s me turtle pie

Hi Turtle. Yeah I would definitely recommend Mojo because he is so fun. If I recall correctly, you have a pretty highly leveled one too :smile:
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Love my 5* R4 Mojo! I'd R5 him but I have no mystic cats or ISO :( He's also great for the new incursions for anyone wondering
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    This is great, love some mojo gameplay. And incredibly smart plays. Especially on the storm

Really want to R5 mine, but got a Tigra I need to get up first, and the sigs are going into doom for prestige. He’ll definitely get there eventually though!
  • Options

Love my 5* R4 Mojo! I'd R5 him but I have no mystic cats or ISO :( He's also great for the new incursions for anyone wondering

He is really good in incursions. The prowess buffs and buff cornucopia really elevate him to the point where he finishes battles so quickly

This is great, love some mojo gameplay. And incredibly smart plays. Especially on the storm

Really want to R5 mine, but got a Tigra I need to get up first, and the sigs are going into doom for prestige. He’ll definitely get there eventually though!

I hear you. He was my first r5 and since prestige didn't matter, I poured all of my generics and class sig stones into him. He still is incredibly fun even at r4 though