**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

It is time for Thronebreaker crystals....

To be perfectly honest, cavalier crystals are dead for Thronebreakers. I haven't bought one in months and months and months. A majority of Thronebreakers don't need 3*s, 4*s or really even 5*s and are mainly focused on 6*s. With such a massive 6* pool, there is absolutely no real reason to even consider them(except for youtubers)! It is time for a Thronebreaker crystal with improved 6* and 5* chances, and only 4*s as a misses. Frankly most Thronebreakers consider 5*s as a miss. Is it time for Kabam to introduce a much upgraded Thronebreaker crystal?

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Dreanica said:

I'm not saying 50% chance at a 6*, but something more compelling.

If we had 3 total prize options, the 5* chance would be insanely high, like 30%, and 5*s are still usable in the newest content in the game.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    they're probably hesitant since there's a massive jump between 3* and 4*
  • Options
    DreanicaDreanica Posts: 22
    Not saying kabam would use those exact percentages. I'm sure much lower. But exclusively for Thronebreakers.
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    when have these unit crystals ever been good. even when GMCs evolved from PHCs the value still wasn't fully there. don't ask for this stuff cause it'll only make this game die quicker
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t mind a TB crystal if you could open one a week from the sigil at 500 Units or so , Kinda like the glory currently.

But having a crystal like that permanently for sale would surely ruin the game economy. Right now the odds are so low of actually acquiring the 6* from the cavs, I don’t think anyone except the top will spend 10k to get one champ.

However, on TB crystals you introduce 6* shard farming , 6* champ farming. This may not be an issue for the top players, it becomes an issue for those that just became TB and now can just farm what they need through money. A game shouldn’t have such a significant impact.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I am at the point where 5-star pulls are mostly exciting for the shards.

A new TB crystal without 3-stars would be great.
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    I would take 80% 4* 15% 5* 5% 6*. Basically you can get more shards for 5*s but its not too op i guess
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★
    I would think creating a TB crystal by shifting the odds in the cavalier crystals from 50% 3* to say 25-30% and putting that 20-25% in the 4 and 5* is worth an extra 50-100 units, and wouldn't break the game.

Maybe put an extra 0.001% on the 6* drops to bring it to 0.002%....
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

I would take 80% 4* 15% 5* 5% 6*. Basically you can get more shards for 5*s but its not too op i guess

The problem is you could just buy these things and rack up 5 star shards and iso. Which will only result in more 6 star champs in the game which will make the advent of 7 stars that much faster.
    yea ik thats why I'm like on the fence because u know whales will whale on them
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

The problem is you could just buy these things and rack up 5 star shards and iso. Which will only result in more 6 star champs in the game which will make the advent of 7 stars that much faster.
    Exactly,
    Maybe they could have done this if they made TB requirement for 100% abyss. There are people I know who are TB and haven’t done a single path in abyss.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Pulyaman said:

Exactly,
    Maybe they could have done this if they made TB requirement for 100% abyss. There are people I know who are TB and haven’t done a single path in abyss.
    I am not sure 100% abyss is relevant in terms of game progress.100 % act 6 should have been the requirement. Act 6 100% requires more counters and a well developed roster. Also, Abyss is a side content like variant. It should not be mandatory to do just like LOL.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Maybe introduce it as the calendar rewards or something instead of buyable crystals or add some limit per month. TB crystals may or may need to be introduced but IMO, TB needs more perks.
  • Options
    Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    I'd be ok with 4 to 6 stars in an updated crystal. Would solve my iso problem atleast
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Texas_11 said:

Pulyaman said:

Exactly,
    I am not sure 100% abyss is relevant in terms of game progress.100 % act 6 should have been the requirement. Act 6 100% requires more counters and a well developed roster. Also, Abyss is a side content like variant. It should not be mandatory to do just like LOL.
    It’s very relevant, it’s actually a very integral part of the prestige race and holds valuable resources not available anywhere else in game. Because they have shifted away from act 6 and act 7 being profession based content , it would make sense that abyss 100% would be required. In fact, you have people who are now so deep into the game they still haven’t completed act 6 and are TB. They just run 7x5 and do cav and are good to go.

Kabam didn’t want players having 6* R3 champs trying to 100% act 6 with them. Obviously, that will happen sooner than later like all games. A perfect example of this is how irrelevant LOL has become., The resources are so abundant it doesn’t make sense for a progressing player to try to 100% it.

Having TB significantly lowered to just one 6* R3 champ instead of 100% abyss, let’s me know they are focused on capturing a larger group, while turning to maintain the integrity of the game.

To sum up my point , and our discussion. They can’t do TB crystals because the entry to become TB is a lot lower, you would have people ranking up any champ just to get their hands on TB crystals and progress them past the point they should be, which can reduce a games life significantly.

If you watched any New account starts between Legacy and BG , you can see how quickly someone can progress within a week. That’s without TB.