**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Angela or Phoenix to awaken

The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
I've been saving a cosmic gem for when I eventually pull Hyperion but last night after finishing Goldblum I pull another cosmic gem from the crystal.
Then I pulled phoenix from a 4* crystal.
I have Angela or Phoenix to awaken and the chosen one can go to 5/50

Comments

• SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Neither
    Angela is great even unduped.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Phoenix is more crucial to have Awakened. Angela's Sig is handy if you're fighting Mystics with her. Phoenix gains more from Rite.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Speedbump wrote: »
    Neither

Care to expand?
    My only other option is Gamora.
    My other cosmics are all awakened
    Spidey
    Cap/Ms Marvel
    Venompool
    Thor
    Groot
    Drax
    Continue the wait for Hyperion, yes it takes time and luck. But over all a much better champ when you get him. Drax is pretty good with his furies and bleeds (more so if you have Deep wounds). Same with Gamora, but she's not worth 5/50 imo either. No other cosmic champs are worth much IMO. And unless you're in a hurry for some reason. I'd keep holding.
    Speedbump wrote: »
    Continue the wait for Hyperion, yes it takes time and luck. But over all a much better champ when you get him. Drax is pretty good with his furies and bleeds (more so if you have Deep wounds). Same with Gamora, but she's not worth 5/50 imo either. No other cosmic champs are worth much IMO. And unless you're in a hurry for some reason. I'd keep holding.

I have 2 cosmic gems and 1 generic
    If you must use it go for it. I'd use it on Angela if so, Phoenix is good only if you know how to play her. Best of Luck on the Hyperion search!
    I wouldn't say terrible answers, but I could agree with yours for the most part. Btw, his Thor is already awakened.
  • Itay1234212Itay1234212 Posts: 62
    Neither
    Let's be specific. Hyperion gains Increased Buff Duration. His Buffs last longer. Angela reduces the chances of being Nullified. Which pretty much happens against Mystics. Useful, but we commonly don't use Cosmic against Mystic. Phoenix gains Rite. She is brought back from death with some Regen. Basically a Punisher with Healing. Useful if you need a last few hits before a KO, and could potentially win a Fight. Pretty much a no-brainer for me. It's entirely up to who you want to use it on, but neither Angela or Hyperion need to be Awakened to be great. Phoenix for that matter, but it's extremely useful to have her Rite Awakened.
  • It's worth mentioning that Angela is literally in the arenas right now, and Gamora is right around the corner. You can see what the numbers look like for the first round on Angela, and if it's something you think you can achieve you should go for it. Gamora will go for dirt cheap in the arenas so that's a freebie awakening right there for little effort.
    If you don't mind putting in some grinding you can have all three awakened.

If arena isn't your thing though, I'd still awaken Phoenix, if even just for the PI boost. Angela is the more useful champ but she doesn't need to be awakened.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Angela has an absolutely useless signature ability and Phoenix is pretty terrible so I wouldn't use it on either. My advice would be to wait until you pull king groot and hyperion and then awaken them. King Groot is the best cosmic for utility and gains a lot from his sig so I'd wait for him
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Wait for Medusa
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    your not gonna use any of them anyway , so at least phoenix for prestige in arena is a good choice
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Kenshio wrote: »
    your not gonna use any of them anyway , so at least phoenix for prestige in arena is a good choice

Slow down there killer! Angela is on par with the Marvel clones and even surpasses them at times in damage! She’s got some oomph in her attack
  • NemesioNemesio Posts: 134
    edited October 2017
    Angela doesn't need awakening, she hits like a truck as is.
  • DegirmenciogluDegirmencioglu Posts: 93
    edited October 2017
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Kenshio wrote: »

Slow down there killer! Angela is on par with the Marvel clones and even surpasses them at times in damage! She’s got some oomph in her attack

Angela hits nowhere close to Phoenix. Heavy attack with Phoenix and watch how many stacks of incinerate along with with the stun and of course the number of fury’s and 3 Phoenix charged regenerate her back to full health oh and the armor breaks..
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Angela doesn't need it and there isn't much need in the game for Phoenix to bother wasting the gem on her. Phoenix is just a disappointing champ and one could easily regret using a gem towards her.

There are a lot better and more useful cosmic's who are dependent on being awakened. Should hold it for them or for future content.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Wait for Hyperion
    All 3 are good, really. Angela hits like a truck with Buffs, Hyperion is....Hyperion, and Phoenix has sick Damage once she builds. Get her to 10 Fury and watch her stack Incinerates, then fire off an L3. She just takes time to build up. Difference is, she needs to be Awakened to come back to life.
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Phoenix for Regeneration at the end of your health or Angela for buffs.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    It's been pretty well answered but the only factor I would ask is if you are going to r5 either of them, if they are staying at r4 then do Phoenix, as it makes a much bigger difference to her. if you are wanting to r5 one I might go with Angela myself as she is simple to use and very fast killer and then awaken her as she would get much more use, the cosmic class has Hyperion as a clear leader, then the next 5 all seem very even in terms of good damage output, Thor, drax, Angela, medusa and Phoenix, it is worth noting that medusa is a monster defender (I've caught her on immune miniboss) and with combo break and parry mastery, she was stunning me mid combo all the time, with drax she was stunning on the second half of his double m attack, so she maybe worth waiting for too with that in mind
    Some good points and I'd forgotten all about Medusa.
    I think I'll awaken Angela in arena and keep saving the gems for Hyperion and Medusa
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

Angela hits nowhere close to Phoenix. Heavy attack with Phoenix and watch how many stacks of incinerate along with with the stun and of course the number of fury’s and 3 Phoenix charged regenerate her back to full health oh and the armor breaks..

Um no, lots of people I know and myself have done quite a bit of testing with various cosmic champions(drax, angela, thor, hyperion, medusa and phoenix) and Phoenix has nowhere near the damage output of angela. Against ROL winter soldier even while keeping up 7+ stacks of fury and 2 or 3 armor breaks she only does 50-65% of angela's DPS and its nearly impossible to keep phoenix at her peak of damage while angela you can keep at max damage infinitely without much trouble. Phoenix's stun is great and regen is nice but overall when you reach end game phoenix can't touch Angela in terms of usability other than prestige. Oh and 3 phoenix charges is only 30% regen at max sig level I have no idea idea where you got full health from