**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Advantage for Bifrost Side Event Overcompensation

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Lol grounded isnt even thronebreaker after playing this long

What's that got to do with this thread? People play at their own pace mate. It's a game at the end of the day. I have seen people who are not even uncollected after playing for years. Let's keep it on topic :)
    He says that he doesn't care about the extra 26% t5cc but isnt thronbreaker. Any Cav who actually felt like pushing to thronbreaker would value t5cc the most, yet he says he doesn't care. idk man, both this and the fact that he is on the other side of like every major argument makes it seem like he is a troll.
    The extra 26% that someone else gets through a glitch is what "he" doesn't care about. It has nothing to do with being contradictory. If someone else got that through a bug, that has nothing to do with my Account. Would it matter to my Account? Sure. The difference is I'm not expecting to get the same just because of a glitch that affected a small amount of people.
    Didn’t realise people were demanding the same... maybe it’s because nobody is.
    Actually, when someone suggests valuing it, then that implies it affects my Account. Someone else getting it through an error does NOT affect me in the slightest. That's the point. The only basis for the argument that I see is they get it and everyone else doesn't.
    So are you not competitive in this game at all?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

What's that got to do with this thread? People play at their own pace mate. It's a game at the end of the day. I have seen people who are not even uncollected after playing for years. Let's keep it on topic :)
    He says that he doesn't care about the extra 26% t5cc but isnt thronbreaker. Any Cav who actually felt like pushing to thronbreaker would value t5cc the most, yet he says he doesn't care. idk man, both this and the fact that he is on the other side of like every major argument makes it seem like he is a troll.
    The extra 26% that someone else gets through a glitch is what "he" doesn't care about. It has nothing to do with being contradictory. If someone else got that through a bug, that has nothing to do with my Account. Would it matter to my Account? Sure. The difference is I'm not expecting to get the same just because of a glitch that affected a small amount of people.
    Actually, when someone suggests valuing it, then that implies it affects my Account. Someone else getting it through an error does NOT affect me in the slightest. That's the point. The only basis for the argument that I see is they get it and everyone else doesn't.
    Not to this extreme, no.

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.
    So you think the only people who can comment are the ones that agree with status quo? There's a word for that.
    It's not about agreeing with the damn status quo. People who got the extra uru can gain up to 54% of a t5cc in 2% t5cc crystals, while everyone else will be getting the normal amount. That is BROKEN, no matter what way you want to spin it.

Funny that you were all over Kabam for banning players during treasure island, but now when the exact same thing is happening, you take the opposite side. Jokester.
    No. It is not the same. Also, your math is off, considering someone pointed out it was 26%.
    One was an exploit that gave many people the ability to farm infinite Rewards, a number that was growing as word spread.
    The other was a glitch that sent a limited amount of Resources to a small number of people by mistake.
    Perspective is key when comparing things.
    Crcrcrc said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.
    So you think the only people who can comment are the ones that agree with status quo? There's a word for that.
    It's not about agreeing with the damn status quo. People who got the extra uru can gain up to 54% of a t5cc in 2% t5cc crystals, while everyone else will be getting the normal amount. That is BROKEN, no matter what way you want to spin it.

Funny that you were all over Kabam for banning players during treasure island, but now when the exact same thing is happening, you take the opposite side. Jokester.
    No. It is not the same. Also, your math is off, considering someone pointed out it was 26%.
    One was an exploit that gave many people the ability to farm infinite Rewards, a number that was growing as word spread.
    The other was a glitch that sent a limited amount of Resources to a small number of people by mistake.
    26% bonus + 18% normal from sq +10% from cav eq = 54%
    How are we talking about the normal amount? We're talking about the extra they potentially get.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Again, you are looking only at the top tier. I am taking about the whole game in general. People have been asking if they can play tier 6 multiple times to get the resource they want. What will happen if you limit the number of times tier 6 can be run? And value of the offer depends on where you are. Kabam releases t1a offers from time to time targeting mid tier players also. Look at the overall player base and not only the top 1%.

"Even top tier players want T1 alpha or T4 basics which could be farmed in the side event."

Your words, not mine.

And again, you missed the fact that T1A and T4B do not have the same real world value as T5CC and can be obtained in ways other than the highest levels of content.

It is also waaaay, waaaay easier to get from a day 1 noob to uncollected and then to cavalier then to get from cavalier to thronebreaker.

You could get to uncollected in a month easily and have lots of access to T1A and T4B.
    Tell me what the timeline is for Thronebreaker? And tell me how much of that is contingent upon accumulating 100% of a T5CC, which is the most rare catalyst in the current meta.

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.

Ok, so it's 26%. That's still a huge amount more than the amount everyone else will be getting. You get ~26% of a t5cc after exploring an entire chapter of Act 6 or a new variant. The sheer discrepancy in t5cc players with the extra uru and without is means for a simple bug fix to make it even for all players. It is a simple change for Kabam to make to make it equal for all players.
    Which precisely supports my point. It has very little to do with the actual overall effect to the game and more to do with some people getting something others aren't. What difference does it make? Are we competitive to the point we can't stand others advancing? I'm not. So people can bust my ##### all they like, but it's no difference to me.
    Crcrcrc said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.

Ok, so it's 26%. That's still a huge amount more than the amount everyone else will be getting. You get ~26% of a t5cc after exploring an entire chapter of Act 6 or a new variant. The sheer discrepancy in t5cc players with the extra uru and without is means for a simple bug fix to make it even for all players. It is a simple change for Kabam to make to make it equal for all players.
    Which precisely supports my point. It has very little to do with the actual overall effect to the game and more to do with some people getting something others aren't. What difference does it make? Are we competitive to the point we can't stand others advancing? I'm not. So people can bust my ##### all they like, but it's no difference to me.
    What? That much t5cc being an accident has a huge impact to the game. One of the biggest from a bug ever
    Do you know how many people received the glitch?
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.

What? That much t5cc being an accident has a huge impact to the game. One of the biggest from a bug ever
    Do you?
    No, but it's relevant to the point. I'm not arguing that it doesn't affect things period. I'm not daft. I'm saying the amount of people who have access to it affects the overall effect on the game. For something to be a "biggest", it has to have a biggest overall effect.
    edited March 2021
    FiiNCH said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.

And how is that different to the treasure island issue? To use your words, that bug ‘had little to do with the overall effect to the game and was more to do with some people getting something others aren’t’. It didn’t break the playability of the game, people just got extra rewards..

You should use your worlds carefully, I don’t think I’ve met a bigger hypocrite on this forum.
    LMAO! Mkay. You're comparing 26% of a T5CC that a much smaller number of people may get, with an open-ended number of people farming hundreds of thousands of Resources. Big time difference.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★
    26% of a t5cc is really something huge to overlook.
    6.2 that’s arguably the hardest story chapter in the game, gives only 25% of a t5cc, on exploring 60 paths of pure hell.
    Of course action should be taken for this unfair advantage, because it’s not something minor. It’s game changing for a lot of summoners.
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.

Do you?
    No, but it's relevant to the point. I'm not arguing that it doesn't affect things period. I'm not daft. I'm saying the amount of people who have access to it affects the overall effect on the game. For something to be a "biggest", it has to have a biggest overall effect.
    Even if just 5 total people got it, that's 5 people too many that should be getting $100+ of t5cc free
    Perhaps, but that doesn't shift the game to epic proportions. More or less a drop in the ocean.
    If people are upset about the unfairness, I get that. I don't care personally, but I can't speak for how they feel.
    If they're arguing game breaking effects, that is what needs to have substance.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

The biggest issue is that this error devalues the rewards from permanent content.
    It's clear that one of the driving factors for 100% variant 5 and variant 6 is the 25% T5CC crystal carrot.

Being able to get 26% from a mistake makes a mockery of all those that have pushed hard to finish that content because it was one of the few ways to get T5CC.

Sure, you still need to be able to do the extra runs, but I can almost guarantee that the difficulty will not be that of exploration of those variants.

The only fair thing to do seems to be to cap the number of runs to the original maximum possible.

Exactly, I may be of the few people who dropped the big units on the black friday to get the 5x 10% t5cc, that took a lot of effort to save those units and not squander on cav crystals. Players being to get almost half that for free kinda ircs me, not that I won't get it myself just because it's an imbalance.

Sure would be great to have something like a thronebreaker/act7 complete only forum like the beta testers and ccp's get. Would be a whole lot more constructive at times.