**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Tigra's Rupture isn't a damaging debuff?

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Neutralize reduces the ability accuracy of buffs, even if those buffs are going to be triggered on you and not the opponent from the opponents node or ability. Because of this, Tigra can't gain Power Gain buffs from Power Draw. It's not because Rupture isn't DOT, but because of Neutralize.

I have never used Tigra, but her spotlight says it only prevents buffs triggering on the opponent. Can someone who has used her confirm this?
    This clarification was from her dev. A similar place to test this is against the Icarus node, or the Muscle Wizard Node. She prevents both of these nodes from giving her Buffs because it's preventing the ability accuracy of the buffs the opponents tries to place on themself and on the attacker.
    Thanks, odd that they have not updated that anywhere else. kabam should update champion ability in the game too if that is the case.
    Why ? It's not an extra Ability or unknown interaction. Just something that seems off but is perfectly logical for said abilties
    When the description says it prevents buffs on opponents, while in game it prevents buffs on both attacker and defender, its not off. It's not working correctly. But, if that is how she was supposed to work, then it has to reflect in her description. I don't know how you say this is logical.
    Does it say "on oppoents"? Then it should be changed.

Ok? That's her strengths according to the writer.. Not an objective description of her abilties. Why are you digging so far? Just look at her in-game kit. It's very clear there
    This was posted way before the explanation. It got stuck in moderation.
    To that point, even her I game description is not that clear. We don't have many nodes and champions that can cause buff effects on opponents like voodoo and man thing. So if you don't really look for it, it's difficult to understand that it will prevent buffs on both attacker and defender. I don't think I am the only one that thought it will only prevent buffs on the champion the nuetralize is placed on. The I game description definitely needs more clarity.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    @Pulyaman I think that the problem isn't in the description, but more in the playerbase. Most players seem to have a hard time understanding that a node is now always considered an opponent's ability, even when said node gives an advantage to the attacker. If we accept this, then we can see how the description is actually pretty clear and that it's working as intended ^_^

@Pulyaman I think that the problem isn't in the description, but more in the playerbase. Most players seem to have a hard time understanding that a node is now always considered an opponent's ability, even when said node gives an advantage to the attacker. If we accept this, then we can see how the description is actually pretty clear and that it's working as intended ^_^

That was why I questioned about Voodoo, Manthing and ebony maw. Come to think of it, even VTD. These champions I mentioned place buffs as opposed to debuffs on you when you fight them. So, if you are fighting as tigra and fighting ebony maw, when ebony maw has neutralize and fires sp1, does it prevent the fury buff from applying on you?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,798 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    probably the neutralize but also the node is currently bugged so
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

That was why I questioned about Voodoo, Manthing and ebony maw. Come to think of it, even VTD. These champions I mentioned place buffs as opposed to debuffs on you when you fight them. So, if you are fighting as tigra and fighting ebony maw, when ebony maw has neutralize and fires sp1, does it prevent the fury buff from applying on you?
    just fought man-thing and he still placed toxic pustules on my tigra with his SP1 even when neutralized, so i don't really know what to say... i wasn't expecting this :-S
  • Shock29Shock29 Posts: 538 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Speaking of rude and abrasive @BitterSteel , you shouldn't continue to attack him and provoke him. Someone will always be wrong eventually so we shouldn't make him feel worse. I do understand Demonzfyre's reasoning, as to us, when a damaging debuff is dealing no damage, technically its not a DOT anymore. However the game, before even entering a fight, has classified all debuffs in the game as either DOT or non-damaging. Even if a DOT debuff is dealing no damage, the system can still identify that is a DOT and give the attacker a power gain buff. Its similar to how the defender, say, DDHK can identify non-damaging debuffs and purify them while leaving the DOT debuffs alone.
  • Holek96Holek96 Posts: 13
    @Shock29 that’s true that is why Voids debuffs are never classified as a damaging debuff even though they do damage.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Holek96 said:

@Shock29 that’s true that is why Voids debuffs are never classified as a damaging debuff even though they do damage.

Void is a special case because he deals damage when the opponent has a non damaging debuff.

The debuffs themselves don’t do the damage, it’s only because they are there.
  • Shock29Shock29 Posts: 538 ★★★

Holek96 said:

Void is a special case because he deals damage when the opponent has a non damaging debuff.

The debuffs themselves don’t do the damage, it’s only because they are there.
    Exactly. Unless stated otherwise, those debuffs just count as non-damaging debuffs. So, unless stated otherwise, DOT Debuffs still count as DOT Debuffs even if they deal no damage.

Pulyaman said:

just fought man-thing and he still placed toxic pustules on my tigra with his SP1 even when neutralized, so i don't really know what to say... i wasn't expecting this :-S
    That is why I was also confused. @DNA3000 @Cat_Murdock any theory on this? Both of you gave explanations, but it seems it is working differently in game.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★

Rouger4 said:

louis_771 said:

I took Tigra into the tier 8 side quest and the node states that you will get a power gain when you place a debuff on the defender, after stacking up to 9 ruptures I found out that this isn't the case lol.

Don't try to use Tigra for this fight

Tigra doesn't have any buffs so you can't do damage with rupture.
    You get buffs when u inflict a damaging debuff as per the node
    I have a headache from facepalms tonight. There are 3 nodes-
    Buffed Up- 3+ Buffs needed to do damage.
    Strength in Numbers- don't have dead people on your roster or you'll lose ability accuracy.
    Power Draw- Damaging debuffs give you defensive power gain buffs of 10% for 10 seconds.

IF YOU DON"T HAVE 3 BUFFS ON YOU, YOU CAN'T DO DAMAGE. Tigra has no natural buffs on her which means buffed up is preventing any debuff (rupture) from doing damage which means power draw can't activate because there's no damage coming from the debuffs.
    Um no damaging debuffs are a type of classified debuffs it doesn’t matter if they do damage. For actual proof just watch sunspot vs Odin
    A damaging debuff causes damage. Buffed up prevents damage. If there's no damage because you don't have 3 buffs, it's no longer a damaging debuff.
    You really dont like admitting when you are wrong do you? Makes for great entertainment tho so keep going
    Read the comment above this one. No MOD has confirmed either way. I just said i'll happily come back here and say I was wrong. I've done it in the past and i'll do it in the future.

louis_771 said:

I took Tigra into the tier 8 side quest and the node states that you will get a power gain when you place a debuff on the defender, after stacking up to 9 ruptures I found out that this isn't the case lol.

Strength in Numbers- don't have dead people on your roster or you'll lose ability accuracy.
    Power Draw- Damaging debuffs give you defensive power gain buffs of 10% for 10 seconds.

IF YOU DON"T HAVE 3 BUFFS ON YOU, YOU CAN'T DO DAMAGE. Tigra has no natural buffs on her which means buffed up is preventing any debuff (rupture) from doing damage which means power draw can't activate because there's no damage coming from the debuffs.
    This is the trouble with coming across so abrasive and rude. When you’re proved wrong you can’t admit it, or you just look silly. Maybe in future you might not act like this, but I won’t hold my breath.

No wonder he hasn’t posted on this thread since, and he’s been active.

Even you said it makes sense in a different thread so whatever. Peace.
    Lol well that’s just a straight up lie.

I only found out about this situation when I read this thread. But ok
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Shock29 said:

Speaking of rude and abrasive @
    BitterSteel , you shouldn't continue to attack him and provoke him. Someone will always be wrong eventually so we shouldn't make him feel worse. I do understand Demonzfyre's reasoning, as to us, when a damaging debuff is dealing no damage, technically its not a DOT anymore. However the game, before even entering a fight, has classified all debuffs in the game as either DOT or non-damaging. Even if a DOT debuff is dealing no damage, the system can still identify that is a DOT and give the attacker a power gain buff. Its similar to how the defender, say, DDHK can identify non-damaging debuffs and purify them while leaving the DOT debuffs alone.

If it was your average player it's an understandable mistake. This guy has completed most content and had teens of r3s
    That does not make one perfect. People are still susceptible to mistakes. Owning up and admitting one's mistake is a whole other matter.
    HI_guys said:

Shock29 said:

Speaking of rude and abrasive @BitterSteel , you shouldn't continue to attack him and provoke him. Someone will always be wrong eventually so we shouldn't make him feel worse. I do understand Demonzfyre's reasoning, as to us, when a damaging debuff is dealing no damage, technically its not a DOT anymore. However the game, before even entering a fight, has classified all debuffs in the game as either DOT or non-damaging. Even if a DOT debuff is dealing no damage, the system can still identify that is a DOT and give the attacker a power gain buff. Its similar to how the defender, say, DDHK can identify non-damaging debuffs and purify them while leaving the DOT debuffs alone.

If it was your average player it's an understandable mistake. This guy has completed most content and had teens of r3s
    I don't have teens of R3's. I have 6.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Neutralize reduces the ability accuracy of buffs, even if those buffs are going to be triggered on you and not the opponent from the opponents node or ability. Because of this, Tigra can't gain Power Gain buffs from Power Draw. It's not because Rupture isn't DOT, but because of Neutralize.

I have never used Tigra, but her spotlight says it only prevents buffs triggering on the opponent. Can someone who has used her confirm this?
    This clarification was from her dev. A similar place to test this is against the Icarus node, or the Muscle Wizard Node. She prevents both of these nodes from giving her Buffs because it's preventing the ability accuracy of the buffs the opponents tries to place on themself and on the attacker.
    Thanks, odd that they have not updated that anywhere else. kabam should update champion ability in the game too if that is the case.
    Why ? It's not an extra Ability or unknown interaction. Just something that seems off but is perfectly logical for said abilties
    When the description says it prevents buffs on opponents, while in game it prevents buffs on both attacker and defender, its not off. It's not working correctly. But, if that is how she was supposed to work, then it has to reflect in her description. I don't know how you say this is logical.
    Does it say "on oppoents"? Then it should be changed.

Ok? That's her strengths according to the writer.. Not an objective description of her abilties. Why are you digging so far? Just look at her in-game kit. It's very clear there
    This was posted way before the explanation. It got stuck in moderation.
    To that point, even her I game description is not that clear. We don't have many nodes and champions that can cause buff effects on opponents like voodoo and man thing. So if you don't really look for it, it's difficult to understand that it will prevent buffs on both attacker and defender. I don't think I am the only one that thought it will only prevent buffs on the champion the nuetralize is placed on. The I game description definitely needs more clarity.
    I agree. More clarity on game description is never the wrong way to go
    Game Descriptions really do need to be updated.

HI_guys said:

Shock29 said:

Speaking of rude and abrasive @
    BitterSteel , you shouldn't continue to attack him and provoke him. Someone will always be wrong eventually so we shouldn't make him feel worse. I do understand Demonzfyre's reasoning, as to us, when a damaging debuff is dealing no damage, technically its not a DOT anymore. However the game, before even entering a fight, has classified all debuffs in the game as either DOT or non-damaging. Even if a DOT debuff is dealing no damage, the system can still identify that is a DOT and give the attacker a power gain buff. Its similar to how the defender, say, DDHK can identify non-damaging debuffs and purify them while leaving the DOT debuffs alone.

That does not make one perfect. People are still susceptible to mistakes. Owning up and admitting one's mistake is a whole other matter.
    Yeah it’s not about how many r3s you have or how much content you’ve done. If any other endgame player got something wrong I wouldn’t really care.

It’s the manner in which he talks down to people which is noteworthy.

There’s no need to start a post off with “I’ve been facepalming at you all day” regardless of if you’re right or wrong. There’s no need for it.

Rouger4 said:

louis_771 said:

Um no damaging debuffs are a type of classified debuffs it doesn’t matter if they do damage. For actual proof just watch sunspot vs Odin
    A damaging debuff causes damage. Buffed up prevents damage. If there's no damage because you don't have 3 buffs, it's no longer a damaging debuff.
    You really dont like admitting when you are wrong do you? Makes for great entertainment tho so keep going
    Read the comment above this one. No MOD has confirmed either way. I just said i'll happily come back here and say I was wrong. I've done it in the past and i'll do it in the future.
    Pretty sure it is bugged since Sunspot was working earlier and now he isn’t.

Rouger4 said:

louis_771 said:

I don't know. If I'm interpreting it wrong, cool. If not, cool. It's bugged either way and i'll leave it at that. At this point I don't care and hope they fix it to whatever it's supposed to be. I'm out.

Rouger4 said:

louis_771 said:

I don't know. If I'm interpreting it wrong, cool. If not, cool. It's bugged either way and i'll leave it at that. At this point I don't care and hope they fix it to whatever it's supposed to be. I'm out.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/255673/sunspot-no-longer-working-against-tier-8-odin#latest

there’s a mod response from Boo. Not totally confirming if it is an issue or not but it’s a step towards confirmation

Rouger4 said:

louis_771 said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/255673/sunspot-no-longer-working-against-tier-8-odin#latest

there’s a mod response from Boo. Not totally confirming if it is an issue or not but it’s a step towards confirmation
    Cool. At least they're aware of it.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

Could be device specific? Or cycle of the moon specific.

I used AA maybe 12 hours ago and he was fine.

@louis_771 AA is actually a perfect example of ability accuracy interaction on this node. Once he places 3 neuros you won't get the power gain buffs triggering anymore and you'll stop doing damage. You have to wait for the neuros to drop off and then reapply your debuffs.