**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The problem with Kabam (no hate only criticism)

Ishanthakur525Ishanthakur525 Posts: 96
edited March 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
After watching how Odin has turned out I will take this opportunity to talk about kabams balance of charecters, where literal gods like Odin thor ragnorok and sentry are absolutely mediocre champs and humans like nick fury and human torch are bgts, it doesn't do justice to their comic book counter parts. Now now before you hate me I know that not every single champ needs to be bgt and some are more favoured by fans than other exceptions can be made in that case but since we're giving facts Odin is a fan favourite and a god his animations are amazing like always kabams animation team is very very talented but his base abilities aren't practical and are full of drawbacks, I know that drawbacks are supposed to keep the champ balanced but odins drawback isn't rewarded with damage or huge utility the sp2 barely hits 50k which means it's gonna take you ages to finish a fight in 7.1 and future content.

Again I'm not hating on kabam they're absolutely amazing when they seek to make broken op champs for eg cosmic ghost rider and red magneto. I just hope that they make the fan favourites justice that's all. I doubt this post will get attention but I hope kabam sees this I'm not looking for a buff or anything just for future reference.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Champions cannot be made accurate to their comic book counter parts. Otherwise 90% of all characters would be useless in the game and if you think the current condition of people raging over not pulling bgt champs is bad, wait till you see that only 5-10 champs are what everyone is after. That being said it'd be nice if the new champs are atleast decent though.
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Denzel116 said:

Well, doing justice to their comic book counterparts is not the point of this game. Champs need to have flaws in a video game, so you can defeat them. Otherwise any time you faced Hulk, you'd lose.

Soooo.....what’s the point of the game? Just curious.
    Making lots of cash?

Imo, to beat up marvel characters with other marvel characters, to face and overcome ever increasing challenges, to beat fun and interactive Bossfights that require you to change your playstyle, "to be the very best, like no one ever was".
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Champions cannot be made accurate to their comic book counter parts. Otherwise 90% of all characters would be useless in the game and if you think the current condition of people raging over not pulling bgt champs is bad, wait till you see that only 5-10 champs are what everyone is after. That being said it'd be nice if the new champs are atleast decent though.

Again read what I wrote I said that drawbacks are important to keeps the game balanced it's okay for champs to have drawbacks because then they're beatable, but if the drawback isn't rewarded by either damage or utility then it's just poor champ design and if it's a fan fav then it's even more painful
  • Options
    BOLMETEUS said:

After watching how Odin has turned out I will take this opportunity to talk about kabams balance of charecters, where literal gods like Odin thor ragnorok and sentry are absolutely mediocre champs and humans like nick fury and human torch are bgts, it doesn't do justice to their comic book counter parts. Now now before you hate me I know that not every single champ needs to be bgt and some are more favoured by fans than other exceptions can be made in that case but since we're giving facts Odin is a fan favourite and a god his animations are amazing like always kabams animation team is very very talented but his base abilities aren't practical and are full of drawbacks, I know that drawbacks are supposed to keep the champ balanced but odins drawback isn't rewarded with damage or huge utility the sp2 barely hits 50k which means it's gonna take you ages to finish a fight in 7.1 and future content.

Again I'm not hating on kabam they're absolutely amazing when they seek to make broken op champs for eg cosmic ghost rider and red magneto. I just hope that they make the fan favourites justice that's all. I doubt this post will get attention but I hope kabam sees this I'm not looking for a buff or anything just for future reference.

I literally pointed this out some 20 days ago, and some so called greats of mcoc hounded on me like hell.. now they must be hiding somewhere after looking at Odin ccp.. this tendency of KABBAM to spoil characters has to be pointed out
    True they gotta get the fan favourites right
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    The strength of a character in the comics should not dictate his strength in-game.
  • Options
    Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★

The strength of a character in the comics should not dictate his strength in-game.

Yes, that is very much true. There will be drawbacks but ... at least some favorites of the player base should be better than they are.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I actually disagree with this because if champions were scaled to their comic book counterparts, we would know which champs to get hyped for and not hyped for ahead of time, defeating the whole purpose of the intrigue of learning about new champions and their unique abilities. If we knew a new OP comic book character was coming out along with a new meh comic book character already knowing who would be much better, it defeats the whole purpose of the excitement in this game, in which you don't know how good a champion is gonna be until you read their abilities and see some gameplay or play them for themselves.
  • Options
    N1nthcloudN1nthcloud Posts: 343 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Its a video game.
    And its not supposed to be super realistic...

Otherwise characters like void and dormammu would destroy any and all.

How i see it, is you cant have good and desireable champs if there isnt imperfect champs in the mix... so im ok with odin not being amazing.

Where i think kabam missed the mark on odin release.... is *by not* doing a special deal on the odins unit package since the legend himself appeared...