Hyperion is Missing his Cosmic Overcharge Buff

Hello,

I would like to bring to your attention that Hyperion doesn’t seem to be able to get his Cosmic Overcharge buff anymore. I recently got him and have been learning to play him for myself, when I noticed that after getting three cosmic buffs and using a special attack 3 he didn’t get the Cosmic Overcharge buff that he’s said to be able to get. I would appreciate any information about this apparent bug and whether it will be fixed soon or not, because this ability of Hyperion’s is a significant one in my opinion; it gives him a lot of his damage potential and sustainability, two important parts of his kit in my opinion.

Thank you, I appreciate your service!
RaptorUnhinged :)

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,956 ★★★★★
    I don't think that's a thing, but I could be wrong
  • RaptorUnhingedRaptorUnhinged Member Posts: 12
    Thank you, Zan0! I did not realize that lol

I was confused by how vague Hyperion's abilities were described: the cosmic overcharge buff is said to remain for as long as you are below full power but, when I tested the fight out, the buff seemed to be on a normal timer. Maybe that's the issue?
  • rischiorischio Member Posts: 163
    The cosmic charge passive is gained periodically and immediately converted into a power gain buff. If hyp is at max power he gains one instead of the power gain buff. If you throw a sp3 you might find yourself with 3 charges after the special. If you are not quick enough to use them for regen, he will consume one and convert it in a power gain buff.

I hope it clarifies.
  • RaptorUnhingedRaptorUnhinged Member Posts: 12
    Yes, but in Hyperion’s info, it says that the buff shouldn’t expire until you get to your maximum power. In the game, the cosmic overcharge buff expires in a matter of seconds, even if you are not at full power. The issue is no longer whether the buff is there or not, after having saved three cosmic charges and using a sp3, but that the cosmic overcharge buff is not interacting in the way that Hyperion’s description says it should be - the description to my recollection says that once three cosmic charges are gained and a sp3 is used, a cosmic overcharge buff will activate and stay activated for as long as you remain below max power. Again, right now, the cosmic overcharge buff leaves in a matter of seconds, not instead leaving only when you reach max power like it should. I hope that’s makes more sense 🙂
  • Altra_VolfAltra_Volf Member Posts: 12

Hello,

I would like to bring to your attention that Hyperion doesn’t seem to be able to get his Cosmic Overcharge buff anymore. I recently got him and have been learning to play him for myself, when I noticed that after getting three cosmic buffs and using a special attack 3 he didn’t get the Cosmic Overcharge buff that he’s said to be able to get. I would appreciate any information about this apparent bug and whether it will be fixed soon or not, because this ability of Hyperion’s is a significant one in my opinion; it gives him a lot of his damage potential and sustainability, two important parts of his kit in my opinion.

Thank you, I appreciate your service!
    RaptorUnhinged :)

It happened with me also. I lose a feather because of this issue