**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A Sliver of Hope for Odin

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in General Discussion

I took a quick glance at this synergy when reading Odin's abilities back when they were released and was a bit hopeful, and forgot about it until now. I realized there have been no videos on Odin's part of this synergy. But honestly, this could make Odin one of the most sustainable champions in the entire game. Think about it like this, so in Odin's playstyle you have to stay close to the opponent to keep up your buffs. If when not attacking, you just block the opponent's attacks instead of dashing back (which leads to you making space, causing the buffs to fall off), you can easily keep your buffs up the entire time, all the while perfect blocking literally everything. I'd really like to see this in action because I really believe he could keep this buff up the entire match because not only can he block everything while not attacking and take 0 damage, but he can also refresh it if for any reason it is about to fall off with the sp2 or sp3. I'd really like to see this in action, it seems like it could have Horseman Gambit perfect block potential.

To add on to this, Horseman Gambit's perfect block is really strong, but people don't use him all the time because his damage during his perfect block phase is not very good. I personally am of the opinion that the damage doesn't matter because when you're perfect blocking everything, you'll still finish the fight without taking any damage. However, I think Odin with this synergy will be appealing to a lot of people because his basic attacks actually hit quite hard, meaning he can not only *live forever* while perfect blocking but he will also be able to hit hard on his basic and special attacks. In contrast to Horseman Gambit who has to cash out his perfect block for prowesses, Odin doesn't have to exchange his damage for perfect block utility.

Comments

• SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    I have done a full breakdown and activated this HD synergy with Odin that gives him perfect block; unfortunately it does fall off, and can’t be paused by staying near the opponent. It’s a one time thing.

https://youtu.be/b4TlTpkZYlc

I activate perfect block chance at the 2:47 mark in the video vs captain marvel. It falls off
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    MrGrits said:

It only lasts for 10 seconds, but it looks like a potential life-saver.

PuttPutt said:

Once per fight, 10 seconds

If this buff works the same way as all of the other personal buffs in Odin's kit, he should technically be able to keep it up the entire fight as long as he is in striking distance and/or launches sp2s/sp3s to refresh it. I wanna see a video on this because it has some serious potential if it works like that.

I have done a full breakdown and activated this HD synergy with Odin that gives him perfect block; unfortunately it does fall off, and can’t be paused by staying near the opponent. It’s a one time thing.

I activate perfect block chance at the 2:47 mark in the video vs captain marvel. It falls off

Dang it, that really sucks. Real shame, I thought there was a sliver of hope for Odin. Weird that his perfect block buff doesn't stay up but all of his other personal buffs do. 😔
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★

Would this reactivate it?
    Crcrcrc said:

Oh good point, maybe he can at least double its duration by reactivating it... Hopefully at least
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
    Could be a bug but that buff doesn't stay paused when you're close to the defender nor does it retrigger after a sp3.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Bring his utility up from 1 piece to 2 pieces.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★

Could be a bug but that buff doesn't stay paused when you're close to the defender nor does it retrigger after a sp3.

3:25

https://youtu.be/sIAe39dvjrU
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Sadly it can’t be reactivated; video from 4:35 shows me activating the perfect block chance and then throwing an sp3. The perfect block buff doesn’t return, only bulwark and the others.
    Crcrcrc said:

Sadly it can’t be reactivated; video from 4:35 shows me activating the perfect block chance and then throwing an sp3. The perfect block buff doesn’t return, only bulwark and the others.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    So my two cents:

The reason this is interacting strangely with Odin is because of one word.

'Personal'.

Odin's 'personal' buffs get paused when he is near the opponent. This isn't exactly a 'personal' buff: It's Heimdall's, and not a part of Odin's basic kit.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Danyal_39 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Oh good point, maybe he can at least double its duration by reactivating it... Hopefully at least
    It mentions that it only gain back his personal buffs, while this buff is gained from synergy so it won't be reactivated. Same thing applies for duration pause situation for this buff.
    Ok but doesn’t yellowjackets ability of “personal debuffs are increased by X% per nuclear charge” make debuffs gained outside of Yj’s abilities more potent ? Like nodes, synergies etc

Wasn’t there a post a few weeks ago saying why does Y happen against Yellowjacket in relation to some node that applied a debuff, and the answer was because YJ made that his personal debuff, and X% more potent?
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    Asgardians are not going to be better in this game
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

Danyal_39 said:

Crcrcrc said:

It mentions that it only gain back his personal buffs, while this buff is gained from synergy so it won't be reactivated. Same thing applies for duration pause situation for this buff.
    Ok but doesn’t yellowjackets ability of “personal debuffs are increased by X% per nuclear charge” make debuffs gained outside of Yj’s abilities more potent ? Like nodes, synergies etc

Wasn’t there a post a few weeks ago saying why does Y happen against Yellowjacket in relation to some node that applied a debuff, and the answer was because YJ made that his personal debuff, and X% more potent?
    If YJ was the defender, the nodes are technically a part of his abilities, so debuffs gained by the nodes would be considered personal
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

Odin might be the worst thing Kabam has ever released. To be one of the most hyped up characters in MCOC and be this bad, it's genuinely cruel

Can we also just take note of how awful he looks during his sp3, he legit looks like he's made out of play dough.