**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Storm (pyramid X) needs some damage rework

2»

Comments

• TheLegionMasterTheLegionMaster Posts: 380 ★★★
    edited March 2021

I recently pulled storm out of 5* featured crystal. And i absolutely love her animations. Awesome work kabam.

But she lacks damge output.
    She takes too much time to get those prowness and they did not even last long.

Suggestions

1. Give her magneto type mechanic
    Like she gains indefinite prowness by heavy attack limit 10.when doing special consume all prownss

2. Her critical rating is way too low. Not satisfied with her damage please kabam increase her damage its a request.

Thats all rest she is superbly awesome designed. Her playstyle graphics are nice..

@KabamMike please sir buff her

Seatin Man of Legends did a gameplay video with her and got over 400,000 damage just on a single hit with her SP2. She is far from needing a buff.
  • GodsupremeGodsupreme Posts: 123

I recently pulled storm out of 5* featured crystal. And i absolutely love her animations. Awesome work kabam.

Suggestions

Like she gains indefinite prowness by heavy attack limit 10.when doing special consume all prownss

2. Her critical rating is way too low. Not satisfied with her damage please kabam increase her damage its a request.

Thats all rest she is superbly awesome designed. Her playstyle graphics are nice..

Seatin Man of Legends did a gameplay video with her and got over 400,000 damage just on a single hit with her SP2. She is far from needing a buff.
    Without apoc synergy and horseman .

If talk about on her own she's pretty average
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★

Suggestions

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Suggestions

even if that was true, what’s wrong with a champ being average? She’s still better than arguably 60% of the pulls in the game
  • is there a particular mode to play her in? My stormx (unduped) never does that much damage on sp3.

is there a particular mode to play her in? My stormx (unduped) never does that much damage on sp3.

Agree with you bro. Idk why all these are saying he is beast..
    Maybe they have tested her in incursion.

Reality is her gameplay style is absolutely amazing but damage is average.

@KabamMike please sir buff her.. please !!!
    She needs more often crits and prowness greater duration. Thats all kabam please sir request

is there a particular mode to play her in? My stormx (unduped) never does that much damage on sp3.

You need to throw a special 3 to get both tempests up, which allows for double prowess, then race to another special 3. Played well enough it’s a minimum of 6 prowess plus the heavy one with enough skill, not mention more you might’ve had from the previous special cycle and opponents power bar filling.

Very satisfying to throw off
  • is there a particular mode to play her in? My stormx (unduped) never does that much damage on sp3.

You need to throw a special 3 to get both tempests up, which allows for double prowess, then race to another special 3. Played well enough it’s a minimum of 6 prowess plus the heavy one with enough skill, not mention more you might’ve had from the previous special cycle and opponents power bar filling.

Ah so two sp3. I find that very iffy unless running mutant boosts. Ive honestly never been able to throw two sp3 back to back with the stingy ai.

Ah so two sp3. I find that very iffy unless running mutant boosts. Ive honestly never been able to throw two sp3 back to back with the stingy ai.
    it’s not totally back-to-back per se but yeah I know what you mean.

Another alternative is her sig which lets her activate both tempest while under a certain threshold of health

Another alternative is her sig which lets her activate both tempest while under a certain threshold of health
    Yeah i understand. I think i prefer my havok over her. She can stay on defense, lol.

• AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210

Yeah i understand. I think i prefer my havok over her. She can stay on defense, lol.

Lol, havok is also a better defender than her... Even mutant boost is not that useful if you don't have apocalypse synergy, because the prowess that she get via synergy aren't vanished after any special.
    Yeah you will get double prowess after sp3 but still no competition with horseman synergy

Neither she needs a buff nor she will get them because these buffs (even stronger) are already exists in synergy+horseman
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Maybe learn to play her first bud
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★

AGYAAT said:

AGYAAT said:

Exactly! she needs higher critical rating.. apocalypse synergy gives her 30% more critical rating and if that bonus came into her basic kit (like +10% critical rating for each prowess buffs) then it could make her more popular and practical to use without any synergy

Some people are giving advice to use sp3 loops for ~150k damage.. I think these people run suicides, and that sp3 loop is not that practical to use and I'm pretty sure these people doesn't use her often..
    she supposed to be quick killer because her ramp up mechanics is quick & easy and unblockable sp2 seems perfect for that but
    Low critical chance is the biggest hurdle for big yellow number..

Don’t run suicides. Special 3 loop is the way to go unless you’ve got apocalypse in which case then special 3 special 2 rotation would work
    There are so many champs that can do better if i need to do sp3 loops or sp3 then sp2.. her utility isn't the game changer or too useful, she has damage or strong potential for that.. just some tune up could make her too good, but now it's not possible because they already give her that tune up via synergy 😑
    She’s fun. Feels smooth. Champs like that don’t need buffs and are perfectly balanced in the so called “middle tiers”

I use her so that’s good enough for me
    Red skull also feels smooth to me because of his animations but it does not mean smooth gameplay is greater than damage.

Damage and crits are priority to every champ to become useful
    Damage and utility maybe. Great champs don’t need crits.
    Ok great champs dont need crits..

Then what about critical hits are removed from corvus ? Would he be good?
    Having crits doesn’t have anything to do with damage. Many champs deal damage through dot and non crits, with guardian immortal abomination, gullotine 2099 all being great without relying on crits.
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    400k damage from sp3 and sp2? Is that real? With that kind of damage she should be better than Aegon for Abyss.
    In fact with that kind of damage she should be one of best mutant if not the very best. Why does people don't use her much?
    Nah01 said:

In fact with that kind of damage she should be one of best mutant if not the very best. Why does people don't use her much?

her utility, while not bad per se, isn’t good enough to justify ranking her up in the oh-so competitive mutant class

Nah01 said:

her utility, while not bad per se, isn’t good enough to justify ranking her up in the oh-so competitive mutant class
    Same as Sunspot, but people still very willingly rank up him even rank 3 6*.

I don't see same case in Storm X.
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Nah01 said:

Nah01 said:

Same as Sunspot, but people still very willingly rank up him even rank 3 6*.

I don't see same case in Storm X.
    Prestige. Also storm requires more knowledge and skill
    Those who are saying she does 100 k sp3 ..
    They are smoking some different kind of weed..

Mine Storm hits like very average.Not satisfied with damage but playstyle is amazing.. its sad to see a champ like her lacks damage
    Hope @Kabam Miike will soon buff her..

#please sir my birthday is also coming This would be my gift if you buff her with longer prowness and much often crits
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Lmaooooo this thread.
    One person wants an already good champion to be buffed before even playing her properly and rejects all evidences shown while another complains about her low crit rate which is easily compensated by her massive sp3.

• Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    @Godsupreme watch seatin's storm pyramid x vid and you will see true potential of her
  • ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287
    She has plenty of damage already.