**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Journey of a F2P Thronebreaker

king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
When Thronebreaker was first announced about five months ago, I really wasn’t worried about it. At that time, I only had 10% of a science t5c obtained from the Omega Boss Rush selector. However, as time went on, I became more and more eager to get a rank 3 after seeing alliance mates and friends get the title.

Obviously the easiest way to get a t5cc is to do abyss, quite honestly, i don’t have the time nor the drive to grind out 6-7k units. With that out of the way, as a f2p player how did i form a t5c without doing abyss?

As previously stated, i chose science from the 10% selector from the Omega Boss Rush. I obtained another 15% from a cavalier monthly and some random 2% crystals. I then explored 6.1 for a 25% crystal but no luck. completed act 6 for the 25% selector. i was at a little over 50% going into 7.1. After exploring that, i got 25% more from the selector but couldn’t pull science from the crystal. at this point, i was getting mad that the RNG was screwing me over. i was seeing players with lesser accounts getting Thronebreaker before me. I saw a couple 15% selector deals but stayed true to the f2p life. i must’ve scrounged around a few more fragments because i pulled 10% from the cavalier nexus and found myself only 2% away. i was prepared to wait until i could open the tier 9 casket but saw today’s featured items and couldn’t resist. in my opinion the r3 requirement for Thronebreaker is a cash grab my Kabam. Whether it’s through units for the Abyss or from selectors, you’re going to have to spend money for a rank 3 or you’re going to wait. it really sucked waiting to form the catalyst but it is what it is. ultimately it took me about six months from getting my first fragments to forming the catalyst.

This is who i waited all that time to take up

Comments

• Options
    Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    Nice, I'm also so close to being in your situation. I've got 5 paths left for 7.1 exp. I already have 50% mystic t5cc for doom, and I can get that other 25% selector to make it 75%. Hopefully the RNG Gods bless me to get mystic from that 25% t5cc crystal lol
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    Nice man! As another F2P Thronebreaker, I appreciate the struggle. Congrats on the R3 Cap IW!
  • Options
    king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★

Nice, I'm also so close to being in your situation. I've got 5 paths left for 7.1 exp. I already have 50% mystic t5cc for doom, and I can get that other 25% selector to make it 75%. Hopefully the RNG Gods bless me to get mystic from that 25% t5cc crystal lol

pray to RNGesus every night before bed
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I am a F2P player who had no motivation to complete Act 6.2 and beyond until Thronebreaker became a thing. I went to work and took down The Champion and the Grandmaster and then worked on 100% Variants 5 and 6 and Act 7.1. I became Thronebreaker last month and now am waiting for some new content to drop to work on the next challenge. Haha I wanted to take up Corvus, but ended up forming a Science T5CC, so I took up Wasp. Hoping to take Corvus up soon!

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Congrats!