**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Took a 2 month break and I come back to this...

I was away for a little over 2 months and I was able to re-download the game recently and I was really excited to get back into it and rejoin my alliance in a week or so. An hour into the game and I am ready to delete the app again. Why should I play a game that just makes me mad?

I was fighting Mephisto in the special quest boss rush. First off, the incinerate thing is BS. Manageable, but BS. Anyways, the gameplay is god awful. Worse than it was when I left. The lag is terrible. I am evading his first special perfectly and it’s not registering. I am tapping to parry and it doesn’t register. I am swiping back and my champion attacks. I force quit bc of eating a special when I clearly evaded it. I reopened the game and went back in to the fight and I couldn’t control my champion. I tried pausing and turning auto play on and then off and nothing. My champion was moving on its own. Really frustrating when I just fully healed my Magik. I am just trying to figure out how in the heck this game is this broken still... it’s mind boggling to me.

With all of that being said, I am asking some other players on here to tell me if it’s worth it to come back and why. Would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    And welcome back btw.
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    Lol. I was still around when they announced 6 *s. I wasn’t too happy about it then. I mainly miss my alliance and not really the game itself.
    I was just hoping they would have fixed most of these issues while I was gone.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    The state of the game is much better and much more playable from 2 months ago dude
    It wasn’t for me today. Maybe it’s time for a new phone. I have the iPhone 6s Plus. Not fast enough now or what? The phone has been worse since I updated to iOS 11.
    What’s so bad about war? I only remember them taking away defensive kill points. I will go read the aw threads.

Does anyone have an iPhone 7 or 8? Does that run better?
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    What’s so bad about war? I only remember them taking away defensive kill points. I will go read the aw threads.

Does anyone have an iPhone 7 or 8? Does that run better?

quick summary they took defender kills away and pit in diversity so now people had to rank up champs they don't like and throw them on defence this started making some mad then it took competitive out of the question because luke ip she hulk ect are pretty bad for defence and alot of allieas in higher tiers can walk right over them
  • Don’t forget they’ve added more mystic champs and not one new science champ.
  • the6ththe6th Posts: 153
    Blocking bug,auto heavy, champ not responding,mid combo stops, enemy can launch special attack while getting hit,can counter while blocking and the worst? Lag!! We're not getting any updates or explanation from the mods! While support will tell you to reinstall the game every time you send a ticket you'll get the same reply. I won't ask the for the second time if their first suggestion works!
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    My alliance is disbanding due to the poor state of the game; your mentions included. Chasing the carrot has gotten old and it appears to be getting worse. I’m looking for a new group before I go. Just pulled 5 star SL or I’d finally be out. You come back in your passing more on the way out.
    I am leaning more towards the not continue playing now, but I will test drive the game for a week and make my decision. I appreciate everyone’s input!
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I play on an iphone 6s and have no issues. Not sure what your deal is.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    It wasn’t for me today. Maybe it’s time for a new phone. I have the iPhone 6s Plus. Not fast enough now or what? The phone has been worse since I updated to iOS 11.

Same device here but no issues.
  • Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    I have an iPad Air 2 and it’s unplayable due to the lag. My iPhone 7 Plus is pretty good though. Parry seems kind of off and war is a mess. Kind of sucks every match is 95-100% exploration. Defender points need to come back. I understand kabam needs to make money, but the amount of cash grab quests/bosses has become ridiculous.
  • jcruz2133jcruz2133 Posts: 152
    Besides them needing to re-work how points are scored in war, I think the game is pretty awesome haha. Maybe I haven't been playing long enough :p
    The straight skinny is this. There is a lot of frustration at all levels of the game. Kabam is, I believe, working in good faith to make it better...but problems abound!
    But you know what? If you've been here since the beginning...like me...we are the pioneers and the guinea pigs...and we always have been...so...question is...you willing to stick around till they work these things out? Knowing that a month from now there will be other issues? "Same as it ever was...same as it ever was!" To quote the talking heads. How much do you love Marvel+ how much do you love kabam= stay or go...
    But you know what? If you've been here since the beginning...like me...we are the pioneers and the guinea pigs...and we always have been...so...question is...you willing to stick around till they work these things out? Knowing that a month from now there will be other issues? "Same as it ever was...same as it ever was!" To quote the talking heads. How much do you love Marvel+ how much do you love kabam= stay or go..
  • Dude I stopped playing a couple of weeks ago. I'm playing ffxv and I'm happy. I just checked the forums to see If they fixed the game. For 2 and a half years mcoc was awesome, but new owners and new devs killed the game mechanics.
  • The game is so one sided unless you spend thousands the game is unfair even when you are ready to open a 4/5 star crystal you never get anything good it is all just RNG with mediocre gameplay might leave TBH
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    I still like the game but it's been going downhill for awhile now, regardless of what device you're playing on considering how many report said issue on all kinds of different ones so I don't think it's a device thing but some of the bugs and issues may have something to do with devices but likely not many of them.

That being said I don't have issues with lag but I do have issues with my controls and inputs. My champions move by themselves, my champions fire off random attacks or power attacks or specials by themselves.

They randomly drop blocks here and there or they just wont block at all or they just get torn through, my power attacks get partied, my attacks get parried a lot, my specials get blocked a lot, my specials don't fire off and that makes my champ just do some weird block special mumbo.

My champs occasionally won't move right away after they block a special and just sit there while the enemy flies across, my champions won't respond to my inputs and when I try to back up they won't move back or block which just makes me get my face bashed in, not to mention the enemy just reacts to fast.

It depply saddens me to see how far the game has fallen, and how the devs just seem to repeadily just seem to ignore all the bugs and issues that have gone on for months maybe for a year and I've cut back on my playing time hoping for a time that the game reclaims it's luster and is totally playable instead of this mess of a game.
  • ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    I’m using iPhone 6s and facing lag issues .. I’m kinda used to parry or evade sometimes don’t work . Also recently I’ve noticed my champs going forward for attack when I’m blocking.
    I would just like an acknowledgement from Kabam saying if they working on it
  • Banshee_KLXBanshee_KLX Posts: 7
    Im having the same problems....but when i tried to log in 10 mins ago i needed to download a ingame update for the 3rd or 4th time this week and i dont have wifi at the moment because im visiting my gran at the hospital.Now when i dont really have the money tl buy data i had to ask my brother if he can buy some data for me ....and all because of kabams BS ingame downloads