**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How long has Quake dominated the meta?

DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
Since when did she become the best champion in the game, IYO?

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
  • Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    A few months or maybe a year after release I bet

Idk. I started playing more in 2019, so I wasn't around for Quake's release
  • Options
    Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    edited March 2021

Ebony Maw is the best championin the game. Better than Quake

Please show us the proof, lord. Show us the power of ebony-maw in a video against a champ that quake can do as well
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

i would like to know who first came up with quake and bake/shake. that person should be given the presidential medal of freedom

A dude called crimsonkaioken I believe.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

i would like to know who first came up with quake and bake/shake. that person should be given the presidential medal of freedom

The OG quake player was Blythe.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    when flow wars started is when most people i know started to learn her
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

She was considered the best since few months after her release.
    Though very few players were aware of that. Her popularity increased dramatically throughout Act6 release.
    In my opinion, both Quake and Ghost need to be rebalanced, for the game’s health.
    I’m not talking about direct nerfs, I’m talking about side nerfing through content.
    Future content should include True Strike and Armor Break nodes more frequently, in order to regulate the use of those two, if not at whole quests at least on some paths.
  • Options
    Maxwell24Maxwell24 Posts: 413 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Greekhit said:

She was considered the best since few months after her release.
    Though very few players were aware of that. Her popularity increased dramatically throughout Act6 release.
    In my opinion, both Quake and Ghost need to be rebalanced, for the game’s health.
    I’m not talking about direct nerfs, I’m talking about side nerfing through content.
    Future content should include True Strike and Armor Break nodes more frequently, in order to regulate the use of those two, if not at whole quests at least on some paths.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

I feel like people that want champs like Quake nerfed don’t have her/aren’t skilled with her.

I personally like how Kabam has left her alone but introduced Champs like Stryfe who have countering mechanics. Balance them through future champs that counter them rather than design content to counter specific champs.

Why not designing content to counter specific champs, to avoid direct nerfs, if these champs are way too overpowered?
    You disagree with the fact that these two champs are a tier of their own?
    There is something called game balance.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    She has dominated since she entered the game. I was forced to learn quake when I started taking AW more seriously and I realized that I needed her to make 6.4 easier so I learned her when 6.4 dropped and haven't looked back since.
  • Options
    Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    HI_guys said:

Ever since they banned people for using her well

Why would they do that? Ban somebody for playing a character properly?
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Long enough. It's time for the nerf hammer!

Haven't you been on record saying she sucks? Why nerf a champion who's bad?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/251548/either-nerf-quake-or-never-release-6-quake/p1
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

I feel like people that want champs like Quake nerfed don’t have her/aren’t skilled with her.

I personally like how Kabam has left her alone but introduced Champs like Stryfe who have countering mechanics. Balance them through future champs that counter them rather than design content to counter specific champs.

I can use her if I need to just fine. I choose not to bc she's broken and incredibly cheap. Same reason I don't use Corvus in AQ at all bc I refuse to cheese my way through an entire map timing out just to be cheap and lazy. You're delusional if you think things like that are actually good for the game. All it does is make it even harder to devs to properly tune content when they have to be taken into account.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah
    Far from a pro but I can get through what I need 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not much else to do in game these days but learn something new. Tigra is the other project which is going far worse 🤣

https://streamable.com/joam3e
  • Options
    SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★

BigBlueOx said:

I can use her if I need to just fine. I choose not to bc she's broken and incredibly cheap. Same reason I don't use Corvus in AQ at all bc I refuse to cheese my way through an entire map timing out just to be cheap and lazy. You're delusional if you think things like that are actually good for the game. All it does is make it even harder to devs to properly tune content when they have to be taken into account.

Not much else to do in game these days but learn something new. Tigra is the other project which is going far worse 🤣

Not too bad man
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Rookie, go use a 2*
  • Options
    rvcubingrvcubing Posts: 140

Ebony Maw is the best championin the game. Better than Quake

plz sho me how to use him if he is so good, I just duped my 6* :'(