**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How long has Quake dominated the meta?

Comments

• Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★
    I started playing April 2017. Quake was somewhere around the 5th-10th 4* I pulled. Didn't see a whole lot about her at that time.
    I searched Youtube for Quake tutorials. Found videos from Hector, BG, and a few others that showcased a bit of her heavy/parry style. This was summer of 2017. Or at least that's when I saw the videos. That style became popular over the next year to the more casual players.
    1st time I was aware of the heavy/dex style was around the time of Variant 1, so late 2018/early 2019. Think it was Dorky Dave where I saw that style for the 1st time against the Korg from Variant 1, 3.3.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Crys23 said:

Since when did she become the best champion in the game, IYO?

She never was. She's the best option for a few matchups in AW, just like other champs are better in others.
    For hard content, end-game stuff, story quests, Cav EQ, side quests and special events there are always better, faster options.
    LOL
  • Options
    SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★

BigBlueOx said:

I feel like people that want champs like Quake nerfed don’t have her/aren’t skilled with her.

I personally like how Kabam has left her alone but introduced Champs like Stryfe who have countering mechanics. Balance them through future champs that counter them rather than design content to counter specific champs.

I can use her if I need to just fine. I choose not to bc she's broken and incredibly cheap. Same reason I don't use Corvus in AQ at all bc I refuse to cheese my way through an entire map timing out just to be cheap and lazy. You're delusional if you think things like that are actually good for the game. All it does is make it even harder to devs to properly tune content when they have to be taken into account.
    Oh ic...
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

I feel like people that want champs like Quake nerfed don’t have her/aren’t skilled with her.

I personally like how Kabam has left her alone but introduced Champs like Stryfe who have countering mechanics. Balance them through future champs that counter them rather than design content to counter specific champs.

I can use her if I need to just fine. I choose not to bc she's broken and incredibly cheap. Same reason I don't use Corvus in AQ at all bc I refuse to cheese my way through an entire map timing out just to be cheap and lazy. You're delusional if you think things like that are actually good for the game. All it does is make it even harder to devs to properly tune content when they have to be taken into account.
    Oh ic...
    You think things like Quake and Corvus timeouts in AQ aren't terrible for game balance?
  • Options

BigBlueOx said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah
    Far from a pro but I can get through what I need 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not much else to do in game these days but learn something new. Tigra is the other project which is going far worse 🤣

https://streamable.com/joam3e
    Rookie, go use a 2*
    No thx
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★

There was time when game inputs wouldn’t be accepted until animations were complete. This was changed to allow inputs to queue before animations were complete and it wasn’t until after this change that Quake became anything close to what she is today. And yeah as mentioned earlier her aftershocks previously ticked for half the time they do now so the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze.

So no cancelling then? When was that change made?
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    BigBlueOx said:

I think the people that want to see her nerfed are those who already got the benefits of using her and probably don’t use her that much anymore. This way they can scream for rank down tickets.
  • Options
    hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    when they figured out how to cheese her heavy attack ability was when she achieved dominance.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Oh ic...
    You think things like Quake and Corvus timeouts in AQ aren't terrible for game balance?
    No I personally don't. I got 5 star Corvus at the end of 2019 and I played map 7 the entire time. I played map 7 just fine but when I got Corvus it just helped me to die less and take nodes a little bit easier. Most people also do not even know how to use quake even at the highest levels.
  • Options

BigBlueOx said:

Oh ic...
    No I personally don't. I got 5 star Corvus at the end of 2019 and I played map 7 the entire time. I played map 7 just fine but when I got Corvus it just helped me to die less and take nodes a little bit easier. Most people also do not even know how to use quake even at the highest levels.
    You have people running the entire map practically on 1hp corvus just timing out every single fight. That's absolutely not healthy for the game. If people could get through the map without items using other champs and not timing out, that's what they'd be doing. I can promise you, if you remove the ability to timeout constantly, the number of people running map 7 drops substantially.

You're also severely downplaying the number of people that can use Quake. If it was so few people there wouldn't be so many people begging for a 6* to exist. You don't have to be a perfect Quake player to ignore massive percentages of the game by any means.

I get that this ridiculous game is very expensive in both time and/or resources to play at any sort of competitive level but that doesn't mean doing a bunch of mental gymnastics to try to justify continuing with things that are flat out broken just bc they're cheap.
    I think your perception of the skill in this game is warped. Map 7 isn't hard by any means. If Corvus wasn't available people would adjust just like everything else in this game. The only real issue with map 7 is occasionally the mini boss who they stopped from being able to easily cheese with Corvus and quake. And we all been in the alliance that one or two guys take all the bosses. So we all know there's a place for people who underperform. Map 7 isn't this huge puzzle. I would know because I recruited for top 150-90 for years.

Also, people are begging for 6* quake just have a loud voice and they also want a 6 star Hyperion and Medusa and all the other useful champions as 6 stars. We can agree that six star quake is totally OP but that's more for Alliance war and not AQ.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Is there a meta for quake? I thought she was the answer to any meta.
  • Options

BigBlueOx said:

Oh ic...
    You have people running the entire map practically on 1hp corvus just timing out every single fight. That's absolutely not healthy for the game. If people could get through the map without items using other champs and not timing out, that's what they'd be doing. I can promise you, if you remove the ability to timeout constantly, the number of people running map 7 drops substantially.

You're also severely downplaying the number of people that can use Quake. If it was so few people there wouldn't be so many people begging for a 6* to exist. You don't have to be a perfect Quake player to ignore massive percentages of the game by any means.

I get that this ridiculous game is very expensive in both time and/or resources to play at any sort of competitive level but that doesn't mean doing a bunch of mental gymnastics to try to justify continuing with things that are flat out broken just bc they're cheap.
    I think your perception of the skill in this game is warped. Map 7 isn't hard by any means. If Corvus wasn't available people would adjust just like everything else in this game. The only real issue with map 7 is occasionally the mini boss who they stopped from being able to easily cheese with Corvus and quake. And we all been in the alliance that one or two guys take all the bosses. So we all know there's a place for people who underperform. Map 7 isn't this huge puzzle. I would know because I recruited for top 150-90 for years.

Also, people are begging for 6* quake just have a loud voice and they also want a 6 star Hyperion and Medusa and all the other useful champions as 6 stars. We can agree that six star quake is totally OP but that's more for Alliance war and not AQ.
    It's definitely not warped. Even skilled players still screw up occasionally which is why so many people use corvus. They can screw up for free. If so many people were able to do the same without timing out, that's what they'd be doing. I've ranked everywhere from #1 in AQ down to the 300s and played with plenty of players that would have absolutely zero chance of getting through the map every day each week without being able to time out.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Oh ic...

It's definitely not warped. Even skilled players still screw up occasionally which is why so many people use corvus. They can screw up for free. If so many people were able to do the same without timing out, that's what they'd be doing. I've ranked everywhere from #1 in AQ down to the 300s and played with plenty of players that would have absolutely zero chance of getting through the map every day each week without being able to time out.
    Woah woah woah leave enzo outa it!!
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★

when flow wars started is when most people i know started to learn her

That’s when I stared using her, is saw an alliance mate get through dormmamu without dying and I instantly asked him how, he showed me quake and then I became a flow war master. But know I don’t use quake often I got bored lol.
  • Options

BigBlueOx said:

Oh ic...

Woah woah woah leave enzo outa it!!
    Enzo wouldn't even make a top 10 list 😂. I've seen some absolutely atrocious players which says a lot considering where I fall as far as ability
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Oh ic...

Finally someone who see the whole picture.
    Some things are broken in this game, like Corvus timeouts, Quake and Ghost as champs themselves.
    The fact that they give advantage to players doesn’t negate the fact that they are bad for the game as total.
    Example, I was having a nightmarish 6.2 exploration, up to the point I was lucky to pull 5* Ghost and stroll through it.
    How balanced is that?
    There is content and fights on Act6 mainly, that is Quake, Ghost or massive unit spend to get through it.
    This shouldn’t happen. It’s not good for the game and whoever don’t accept that, is just being ignorant.
    People are complaining about niche fights, but at the same time they enjoy to have only couple of champs that can do them.
    This community is amazing 😂
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

BigBlueOx said:

Oh ic...

Some things are broken in this game, like Corvus timeouts, Quake and Ghost as champs themselves.
    The fact that they give advantage to players doesn’t negate the fact that they are bad for the game as total.
    Example, I was having a nightmarish 6.2 exploration, up to the point I was lucky to pull 5* Ghost and stroll through it.
    How balanced is that?
    There is content and fights on Act6 mainly, that is Quake, Ghost or massive unit spend to get through it.
    This shouldn’t happen. It’s not good for the game and whoever don’t accept that, is just being ignorant.
    People are complaining about niche fights, but at the same time they enjoy to have only couple of champs that can do them.
    You cannot convince me that players are so bad we remove Covus and quake then so many players would drop from playing map 7. That is a fantasy world, Map 7 for all intents and purposes is not that hard. There's not a fight in map 7 where corvus is absolutely needed. People now use wolverine and Apoc because you have so much regen its darn near impossible to die. Blade was popular before Quake and Corvus. Its just that hard, players adapt, its just that simple.
  • Options

Greekhit said:

BigBlueOx said:

Oh ic...

How balanced is that?
    You cannot convince me that players are so bad we remove Covus and quake then so many players would drop from playing map 7. That is a fantasy world, Map 7 for all intents and purposes is not that hard. There's not a fight in map 7 where corvus is absolutely needed. People now use wolverine and Apoc because you have so much regen its darn near impossible to die. Blade was popular before Quake and Corvus. Its just that hard, players adapt, its just that simple.
    If timing out with corvus didn't make it considerably cheaper to do, why are so many people doing it? You're gonna sit there and tell me that people enjoy timing out over and over?
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Oh ic...

*laughs in the unduped Corvus I bring to AQ anyways and get **** done without dying*
  • Options

Greekhit said:

BigBlueOx said:

Oh ic...

How balanced is that?
    If timing out with corvus didn't make it considerably cheaper to do, why are so many people doing it? You're gonna sit there and tell me that people enjoy timing out over and over?
    I'm saying that yes Corvus saves not only items but he saves time for people that can actually play him properly. The only thing I'm saying is that if you're a map 7 guy you would adjust with or without Corvus.
  • Options

Greekhit said:

BigBlueOx said:

Oh ic...

How balanced is that?
    I'm saying that yes Corvus saves not only items but he saves time for people that can actually play him properly. The only thing I'm saying is that if you're a map 7 guy you would adjust with or without Corvus.
    Some would certainly. I manage it just fine without him and I'm not remotely a top tier player. It would absolutely force a massive portion of people to choose between running map 7 and actually making an effort in AW though. Acting like it makes no difference and has no effect on anything is absurd though.
  • Options
    sherin_66sherin_66 Posts: 251 ★★★
    I've used quake to become uncollected and cavalier, she's a beast and I'm gonna continue using her. What I don't understand is this, people demand a 6* quake, but the rest of the player base says, "She's too OP." But then, there are champions like CGR, Ghost and Victor Von Doom, which we have as 6*...............what is your argument here?
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    30 minutes