**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AQ (Map 7) changes mostly great but....

2»

Comments

• Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Ive thoroughly enjoyed doing map 5 the past 2 weeks. AQ is a chore, so boring.
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    IKON said:

Stellar said:

IKON said:

Stellar said:

Jaded said:

Stellar said:

Well most of the changes are welcome
    But having all lanes giving a node to mini boss destroy some strategy

Some alliances did find a way to get some T5cc from AQ by mixing AQ6&7 and by doing some kind of boss rush in AQ7

That helped save potions. Now they will have to do the 100% or else they will not be able to finish the AQ and get some T5cc

That’s a good thing.

Earn the t5cc the hard way folks 😂
    How is it a good thing ?

Does that take something from you if alliances have strategy to earn some t5cc ?
    Does other players earning t5cc for less effort effect me when AW and prestige race are a thing? Why yes, yes it does.
    No it doesn’t because those alliances earning T5cc have less prestige and probably not in your tiers in AW.

If they had so much prestige so they could threaten you in AW they would not have to boss rush AQ7 😉
    Ah yes, as we all know, once you join an alliance you are bound to them for eternity and are not allowed to leave, OR change the direction of the current alliance at any point. Whew.
    Of course you can change but i don’t see the point of your argument
  • Options
    RakeYoung said:

What is the aq boss rush? I have never heard of that

they only clear the paths that link the minis in section 1 & 2 then full explore section 3 i believe.
    Exactly. While you don’t get as many points as those doing 100%, defeating the boss with globale node set allow you to gain the necessary honor points to earn T5cc at the end of the 5 AQ
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    RakeYoung said:

they only clear the paths that link the minis in section 1 & 2 then full explore section 3 i believe.
    How’s that better then clearing the whole map?
  • Options
    Dino6767Dino6767 Posts: 2
    Seriously what is wrong with boss rush. NOTHNIG.
    you dont get the crystal for map exploration daily.
    you only get points for what you clear.
    so a group that 100% map 7 gets more points than someone that 70% map7.

so if an ally that 100% map 7 everyday are you going to be lower in points and get less than a ally that do boss rush. NO.

So whats the issue. might as well just make it a ruling, ALL AQ and AW, everything must be 100%,
    you cannot take nodes linked.
    all links have to be down before you can take the node.

seriously whining about pple doing boss rush is just....

• Options
    Clarkkent76Clarkkent76 Posts: 282
    I don't see the issue around timezones. Since they changed the AQ timer and max energy it's pretty easy to navigate even with a mixed group. We do full map, and our BG3 is mixed EU, US, Asia. Once you know your players and their habits it's very doable
  • Options
    And I would prepare yourself for a fix to the Corvus cheese as well folks.
  • Options
    Dino6767Dino6767 Posts: 2
    boss rush does not break the game, or drop the value.

playing map 7 cost is the same for all, boss rush or not.

it is a choice forgo map 7 crsystals for doing 100% and end aq in a shorter time. that should be how it should be. choice be given to the players. do a boss rush, earn some t5cc frags. or do 100% earn even more t5cc frags and map 7 crystals.

up to the ally to choose.
  • Options
    Would be nice to have Kabam thought on AQ7 boss rush
  • Options

Stellar said:

Would be nice to have Kabam thought on AQ7 boss rush

They've clearly thought on it. This is directly spiking it, while giving a quality of life boost to those who play the game properly.
    Unless you work for Kabam, you are only assuming that.
    Would not be the first time Kabam make changes to the game without first thinking about all the consequences
  • Options
    jay080412jay080412 Posts: 9
    You don’t have to fight it noded though...you can wait for people from other places to go in and clear their link...worst case you clear section 3 in your morning so I don’t see a problem there...this was alway the challenge of having mix bg or alliance but I don’t see this actually preventing anyone to clear...I like how this forces people to clear the map (or most of it...I see people still trying to do a boss rush strategy out of the new link) to get the premium rewards
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★

RakeYoung said:

Not that better if you don’t care for map7 cystal. To be fair there’s bad to. But if you like to get the Tier5c 10 procent that’s kind better but I’m also didn’t like. The point of map 7 boss rush
  • Options
    jay080412jay080412 Posts: 9
    Dino6767 said:

boss rush does not break the game, or drop the value.

playing map 7 cost is the same for all, boss rush or not.

it is a choice forgo map 7 crsystals for doing 100% and end aq in a shorter time. that should be how it should be. choice be given to the players. do a boss rush, earn some t5cc frags. or do 100% earn even more t5cc frags and map 7 crystals.

up to the ally to choose.

I agree it should be a choice but if the premium rewards is what you get for taking shortcuts it doesn’t make sense right? think about solo contents you get to clear it one time and get rewarded for it...but to get the top most rewards you should clear the content completely...why should this be different?
  • Options
    A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★

RakeYoung said:

For people with less free time to play the game it was a quick way of sacrificing map 7 crystals and higher milestone/rank rewards to get the 10% weekly t5cc. In tier 2 for example, only the middle 4 paths were taken so it gave a lot of flexibility.

In my opinion, getting rid of the links between paths should balance this out. Will find out when it updates I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Options
    A_NAZ said:

RakeYoung said:

For people with less free time to play the game it was a quick way of sacrificing map 7 crystals and higher milestone/rank rewards to get the 10% weekly t5cc. In tier 2 for example, only the middle 4 paths were taken so it gave a lot of flexibility.

In my opinion, getting rid of the links between paths should balance this out. Will find out when it updates I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️
    It definitely should helping out since there’s isn’t relayed one one to take a node down so there’s all can moves regardless time zone.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★
    I don't understand why people don't just clear the whole map. Map 7 is easy to clear and you don't need R3 6*'s to do it. My alliance has people from all over the world and we regularly finish map 7 with 6+ hours left. If you can 100% section 3, you can 100% the entire map.
  • Options
    SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    RakeYoung said:

RakeYoung said:

The issue I'm trying to bring to light is being stuck in section 2 because now every lane links the boss in that section.

Section 1 only has 7 links but section 2 has 9.

Having to fight through a linked node is one thing but having to also fight through a linked mini-boss simply because we have foreign timezones is another.

sounds like you have either some reorganizing or recruiting to do.
    OR maybe this game could stop trying to make AQ a chore. NOBODY likes AQ and adding time constraints to getting the second mini-boss down before US people go to bed just adds to the most unenjoyable game mode in mcoc.
    again, everything you've just said can be resolved with recruiting folks in your same or adjacent time zones.

i get that i'm being cold hearted right now, but if you have a foreign player, i'm sure they would want the same, to be in the same time zone as the rest of their BG.
    One of the great thing with mobile gaming like this is the possibility to meet and play with people from around the globe. It’s also a key to the possibility of recruiting. But hey, let’s make it a country/time zone specific game and see how long that works out for you.
  • Options
    KrisGJJKrisGJJ Posts: 69
    Why don’t you nerf the Corvus timeout trick while you’re at it?

Then all those people who say “you don’t deserve t5cc if you can’t 100% the map” would go crying to their mommy’s.

Boss rush is a strategy that saves resources but costs the same amount of tickets as anyone going for 100%. Boss rush gets let’s overall rewards with no daily Crystal and AQ rank is much lower. Some groups can only do boss rush because of time zones, etc.

This method shouldn’t be taken away from summoners who just know how to read a map and remove the useless fights. It’s an intelligent strategy - not a lazy one.
  • Options
    RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    KrisGJJ said:

Then all those people who say “you don’t deserve t5cc if you can’t 100% the map” would go crying to their mommy’s.

Boss rush is a strategy that saves resources but costs the same amount of tickets as anyone going for 100%. Boss rush gets let’s overall rewards with no daily Crystal and AQ rank is much lower. Some groups can only do boss rush because of time zones, etc.

This method shouldn’t be taken away from summoners who just know how to read a map and remove the useless fights. It’s an intelligent strategy - not a lazy one.

The folks that use the Corvus timeout already know that change is coming.

They won’t like it, but Kabam has made it known that is not how they intend the game to be played.
  • Options
    The only change that would make me feel better about AQ than this one is nerfing the Corvus exploit. Can't come soon enough.
  • Options
    RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★

The only change that would make me feel better about AQ than this one is nerfing the Corvus exploit. Can't come soon enough.

someone sounds salty about not being able to boss rush Map7 for easy T5cc, sorry bud.
  • Options
    KrisGJJ said:

Not to be a **** mabye trying it out there’s remove the node from offer figt so the fering time zone still can move regardless so it won’t negate anything u ofcasse need to use energy wisely
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

RakeYoung said:

They don't rank high enough for it to matter even with exploration so only care about the honor rewards which only require getting the boss down each day. Basically just a weekly t5cc smash and grab