**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question for Seasoned players now playing solo

R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
I have always been an active and competitive player in the game, but now I find myself enjoying the game less and less because of AW. For many reason I won't get into. Alliance events seem to be a year or more behind on rewards, so they ultimately serve no true purpose in progression. SA rewards I feel I could easily make up for in arenas, although it will suck to lose them. The other issue is the lag that causes so much wasted unit spending in AQ and AW, something I strongly would not miss at all.

So ultimately the only point I see in joining an alliance is the AQ rewards. This is where my issues come in and my question. Do you solo players feel the heavy burden of bottle neck resources or very little since you can now rank at your own pace and not have to focus rank up options for AW diversity or possibly for AQ?

In the past when I have needed a little time off from the game I dropped to lower, casual, alliances. The biggest problem I had was them seeing a higher rated player and getting dependent on you for boss kills, strong defense, etc. Is this ultimately the only option or even a point?

Comments

• R4GE wrote: »
    Do you solo players feel the heavy burden of bottle neck resources or very little since you can now rank at your own pace and not have to focus rank up options for AW diversity or possibly for AQ?

Very much so! I've pretty much come to a halt in terms of progression due to lack of t4cc, which are almost impossible to obtain outside of an alliance. I don't mind putting in effort to advance but I have no desire to be part of an alliance and there really are very, very few ways to obtain t4cc in those circumstances, most of which are also one-off deals.

• SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    when i was solo I focused on running quest and 100 percenting story acts it's going to be painful at first gathering the res to 5 50 a champ as the game is built more for alliance oriented stuff but after a while u stop caring and it won't really bother u

• R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    Do you solo players feel the heavy burden of bottle neck resources or very little since you can now rank at your own pace and not have to focus rank up options for AW diversity or possibly for AQ?

Very much so! I've pretty much come to a halt in terms of progression due to lack of t4cc, which are almost impossible to obtain outside of an alliance. I don't mind putting in effort to advance but I have no desire to be part of an alliance and there really are very, very few ways to obtain t4cc in those circumstances, most of which are also one-off deals.

I can see how that would be an issue for many. I should have stated I currently have them on stand by and plenty of r5 now. Bottle necks for my would end up being t1a and t4 basics.
  • ShadeadShadead Posts: 28
    Join a retirement or lower level group. Some progress still without the headache.
  • MisterNiceGuyMisterNiceGuy Posts: 184
    Shadead wrote: »
    Join a retirement or lower level group. Some progress still without the headache.

Lower level group doesn't work. You will raise their prestige and the fights will be harder for them so you will have to constantly log in to drop bosses. Same amount of work as a higher alliance. Retirements are just annoying because the prestige is high so you need other guys - who rarely log in - to take down links.

The only true way to break the cycle is to go solo. Just make sure you are happy with your lineup because it isn't changing anytime soon being solo. The pull of the game disappears when you are solo and it is awesome and completely worth it. Your life is based around your life and the game is a spare time thing. Not the other way around lol.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Same. T4cc is a big road block as a solo player. Those arenas really aren't viable as a way to collect them. There are some scattered t4 shard crystals and the once in a blue moon t4 cat quest but yeah there is straight up frustration at all levels.
    I have played to the 1.5 for the lesser and after about 15 disappointments instopped.
    Not a single t4 shard in 15 crystals...
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★

Lower level group doesn't work. You will raise their prestige and the fights will be harder for them so you will have to constantly log in to drop bosses. Same amount of work as a higher alliance. Retirements are just annoying because the prestige is high so you need other guys - who rarely log in - to take down links.

The only true way to break the cycle is to go solo. Just make sure you are happy with your lineup because it isn't changing anytime soon being solo. The pull of the game disappears when you are solo and it is awesome and completely worth it. Your life is based around your life and the game is a spare time thing. Not the other way around lol.

Lower alliances could benefit from 3 higher rated players joining as boss killers while effecting little enough prestige to increase the difficulty and make it unmanageable for everyone else. Benefits them greatly, but not what Im currently interested in
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Hey guys, I did a thread in the suggestion board (it's my newest thread in my profile) and it could be a solution for you all.
    Support it if you can.
    It could be a huge improvement for the game.

Lower level group doesn't work. You will raise their prestige and the fights will be harder for them so you will have to constantly log in to drop bosses. Same amount of work as a higher alliance.
    Retirements are just annoying because the prestige is high so you need other guys - who rarely log in - to take down links.

100% agree with you.

The retirement/lower alliance is a scam, no solution to anything.
    Play solo is the light when alliances are pulling us that otherwise we would end burned up and quitting the game.
  • Wolfe_Wolfe_ Posts: 12
    Why is it a scam? Just join a retirement alliance that does not care about aq and/or aw. You still get a chance at SA but no pressure to do any AQ.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    I agree with the above. I'd say I'm seasoned, although not an elite-type veteran. However, I've always been a solo player; as a means to have more time for my life, family, etc.

I have millions of gold that has essentially no value for me, and ISO expiring by the bucket-load. As you suspect, T4CC is the single major obstacle, far more so than T4B as there's a reliable arena for T4B. To put it in context for you: I've been playing pretty much since version 1.2, and have just last week ranked up my first 4* to rank 5. It has really taken that long to put sufficient T4CCs together!

I do envy the obvious benefits of alliance membership; and my roster has grown far more slowly than it could have. But actually I see myself playing a different game; and I get more than enough challenge within the monthly quests, RtL and so on.

My suggestion for you is a genuine holiday from Alliance activities, then either look at joining a laid-back alliance or forming your own.

Alternately, just enjoy the time off until you've burned through your existing stash of catalysts and decide to (1) jump back into high-tier activities or (2) Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a ****ing big television... and so on.
  • I’m in the same boat. Once AW died I really didn’t see the point in grinding away in an alliance anymore. I ran AQ to rank up champs for AW. So once that incentive was gone so was the incentive to run AQ.

Been solo for about a month now and haven’t felt the pinch yet, but I’m starting to see it coming when it comes to T4CC. Added suicides and have been running Arena fairly consistently though and in general I end up with as many if not more shards than I did when I was in an alliance so I don’t miss SA at all really.

Overall though I’m mostly enjoying the game more now than I was before. I play on my own schedule and if I don’t play for a day or two it’s no big deal. Nobody is waiting on me to do something.

Plan on finishing Act 5 then who knows....
  • For those interested in focusing on arenas, I strongly recommend checking out a retirement alliance where AQ and AW are optional. Zero donations.

There is a potential grind-time benefit in arenas when you run solo, since help requests don't exist. So you don't need to be hassled with constantly requesting help. You can just blitz. But that is more than offset by the additional rewards you can collect by joining a retirement alliance.

I stepped down from map 6 and tier 1 AW about seven months ago. Focusing on arena primarily. Haven't regretted the decision at all. Retirement alliances allow you to still collect solid rewards without worrying about constantly staying plugged into LINE chats or potentially letting a teammate down by not removing a node quick enough.

Zero stress. Zero pressure. Just do your thing.

There are quite a few options out there now. I'm helping set up UNull as a retirement alliance right now. Check us out if you are interested.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    I have always been an active and competitive player in the game, but now I find myself enjoying the game less and less because of AW. For many reason I won't get into. Alliance events seem to be a year or more behind on rewards, so they ultimately serve no true purpose in progression. SA rewards I feel I could easily make up for in arenas, although it will suck to lose them. The other issue is the lag that causes so much wasted unit spending in AQ and AW, something I strongly would not miss at all.

So ultimately the only point I see in joining an alliance is the AQ rewards. This is where my issues come in and my question. Do you solo players feel the heavy burden of bottle neck resources or very little since you can now rank at your own pace and not have to focus rank up options for AW diversity or possibly for AQ?

In the past when I have needed a little time off from the game I dropped to lower, casual, alliances. The biggest problem I had was them seeing a higher rated player and getting dependent on you for boss kills, strong defense, etc. Is this ultimately the only option or even a point?

I'm playing solo from 4 months now and i completed LOL when i left my alliance so I'm pretty much full on t4cc, and after that being solo i also completed 100% act5 till chapter 3
    The bottlenecks for me nowadays are t4basics and i can say the progression is bit slow but I'm all good and don't have to login day in and day out for aq and aw.
    Further i also don't have to burn units on revives for wars to win for my alliance.
    As a veteran player i got almost all god tier champs in 4* at 5/50 and one 4/55 5*, so there's no difficulty for me to complete any quest.
    Sometimes have to grind arenas for units but that's ok.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Further if anyone wants to join my alliance you are very much welcome
    Its free to play with no requirements, just go solo or even don't play nobody cares
    If you join then we might dicuss things and help each other so that we have to burn less and less units

In game name: Daintydesert