**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

POLL: Should MCoC Maintenance Time Be Changed?

Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Here's a chance to hear another mass opinion from the community (please check my other poll on AW if you have not yet done so)...

Please feel free to express your opinion as the recent 2 hour shut downs have effected my ally and many others.

POLL: Should MCoC Maintenance Time Be Changed? 40 votes

No, the down time is not a burden, leave it alone
60%
The_OneJaffacakedNoob_2yrsSwe_wolfisJohnPaulBusuTheLazyKingDarkZenAxeCopFireKDoggg2017AppleisgodSpeedbumpRentonXDGruftyMagrailothosSky_kittyConquestBapoi1haunted_memoryArus25R4GE 24 votes
Yes, shutting the game down at 11est / 8pst is unfair to all, it should be later
22%
xVxNotoRiouSxVxNinjAlanImac7065BUZZdog3000THX135Korporate_Kurtshchong2TheLastSpartanSkrull_Lord 9 votes
Eliminate all maintenance and just give weekly app updates instead
17%
AjavedNDK13AjarUlsorKingOfMcocrainymidnight07Pizzabeat 7 votes

Comments

• Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    Yes, shutting the game down at 11est / 8pst is unfair to all, it should be later
    I voted as seen because many of us are still playing when the game goes down. I am sure a shut down roughly 3-4 hours later would effect much fewer players.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    They can't help the time it takes for maintenance. It takes as long as they need to do it.
    They can't help the time it takes for maintenance. It takes as long as they need to do it.

This is both true and not true... they could easily change the time of the shut down or roll the clean up into a weekly update as I suggested in the poll.
    No. They schedule it the same time every week because that's their work schedule, and they let us know well in advance.
    edited October 2017
    No. They schedule it the same time every week because that's their work schedule, and they let us know well in advance.

I agree they notify us well in advance... but in the past the shut down's were 10-30 minutes. The last few have been 2 hours universally. If they are going to be that extended during what is prime game time for many players.. that's a bit unfair to the community. Do you not agree?
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    The maintenance they do can't done via an update, it's all server side stuff
    They shut it down because it's the server they're working on. Not by choice. It has to be done. No matter what the time is, people are playing something. All Time Zones play. If they don't the game doesn't run for anyone. Yes I think it's fair.
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    The maintenance they do can't done via an update, it's all server side stuff

Is that true? I always thought server cleaning could be done locally in game rather than in house only.
    Imac7065 wrote: »

I agree they notify us well in advance... but in the past the shut down's were 10-30 minutes. The last few have been 2 hours universally. If they are going to be that extended during what is prime game time for many players.. that's a bit unfair to the community. Do you not agree?

It's only 2 hours an everyone had to deal with it. Life is not fair so why do you think this should be. Just deal with cos it's not going to be changed
    They shut it down because it's the server they're working on. Not by choice. It has to be done. No matter what the time is, people are playing something. All Time Zones play. If they don't the game doesn't run for anyone. Yes I think it's fair.

I don't have the numbers in front of me.. but I would assume the vast majority of the game population is in North America. If you can show me more people play in europe (where it is the middle of the night during the update) I would happily apologize for the arrogance. It's unfair to Asia as well as it goes down in the middle of the day for them.

It's only 2 hours an everyone had to deal with it. Life is not fair so why do you think this should be. Just deal with cos it's not going to be changed

"just deal with it" is not a fair way to think man. That's a defeatist attitude lol. I'm sure the time could very easily be changed.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Maintenance time is fine the way it is. Most of the people in the world are sleeping during that time
    edited October 2017
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Maintenance time is fine the way it is. Most of the people in the world are sleeping during that time

Thank you for your thoughts but it's actually prime time in north america and the middle of the day in Asia... it's the middle of the night in the europe / africa area's

moving the time up roughly 3 hours would indeed be that (most sleeping).. but might be even more unfair to our asian buddies.

"just deal with it" is not a fair way to think man. That's a defeatist attitude lol. I'm sure the time could very easily be changed.

It's not defeatist at all it's called living in the real world, Anyone think you get locked out for a whole day, it's 2 hours. Am the last person who will come to kabams defence but they have loads of different timezone to take into account an a whole host of other stuff that we don't know about. You think your the first to create a thread on this, nothing got changed then an nothing will get changed in the future.

It's not defeatist at all it's called living in the real world, Anyone think you get locked out for a whole day, it's 2 hours. Am the last person who will come to kabams defence but they have loads of different timezone to take into account an a whole host of other stuff that we don't know about. You think your the first to create a thread on this, nothing got changed then an nothing will get changed in the future.

I know im not the first... but like with my AW poll.. if a lot respond it might get the attention it needs. That's why I do it...

As for your comment, that's the entire point, many time zones. If the majority of players are clustered into a few times zones (as I believe we are) shouldn't they take that into effect on extended duration shut downs?
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    You also need to remember that the people doing the maintenance are exactly that, people!
    They are at work, why should they have to go to work out of hours to do the maintenance?

Some people do work out of hours but Kabam clearly don't
    The_One wrote: »
    You also need to remember that the people doing the maintenance are exactly that, people!
    They are at work, why should they have to go to work out of hours to do the maintenance?

As far as I'm aware a server maintenance is an automated program. If you have other information I'd love to look into that.
  • AjarAjar Posts: 64
    Eliminate all maintenance and just give weekly app updates instead
    how can it even be that you shut down the game every week for 2 hours?
    wtf are you doing? I'm working in the it section, i get it at a game like wow, but mcoc is not even close to be complex as wow.

The_One wrote: »

As far as I'm aware a server maintenance is an automated program. If you have other information I'd love to look into that.

It's not fully automated at a specific time, servers have to be shut down so codes can be updated, backed up, cleaned etc etc. Some of the process may be part automated but it still takes people to actually start doing it all an restarting the servers. There has to be people around in case something goes wrong or if any of racks need to be switched in the cabs.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Fine as is.
    The argument 'but it's the middle of the morning/afternoon' is just stupid. Grow a life...
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    No matter what it is always going to be the wrong time for one area of the world .
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

Thank you for your thoughts but it's actually prime time in north america and the middle of the day in Asia... it's the middle of the night in the europe / africa area's

moving the time up roughly 3 hours would indeed be that (most sleeping).. but might be even more unfair to our asian buddies.

Starts at 11 PM for East coast, Midwest and past if the South. Maintenance is fine starting that late. I understand the frustrations for ppl of West but plan around it.
  • BowlSheetBowlSheet Posts: 113
    Apparently, the time is irrelevant, since they started early today. Unless it was actually scheduled to be prior to 11PM EST for once. Regardless, IF they stick to the maintenance window, they should rotate the window so the same time zones aren’t consistently inconvenienced.
    BowlSheet wrote: »
    Apparently, the time is irrelevant, since they started early today. Unless it was actually scheduled to be prior to 11PM EST for once. Regardless, IF they stick to the maintenance window, they should rotate the window so the same time zones aren’t consistently inconvenienced.

it started on time for me and thankfully was not 2 hours this time. If its 30-60min I have no issues with it at all.. I started this thread because it was 2 hours+ 3 straight weeks.