**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Discussion Thread

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    First episode was interesting. Didn't completely blow me away but interesting to see Falcon and Winter Soldier attempting to lead normal lives.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Great start to the 6 episode show.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    That was super fun. Can’t wait for the rest!
    Look at the names on his amends list. It has Zemo. If you guys recognize anyone else, could tell me who they are. Even if they're from the comics.

Look at the names on his amends list. It has Zemo. If you guys recognize anyone else, could tell me who they are. Even if they're from the comics.

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

Len Kaminski was a writer for Marvel Comics. Idk for what because I’m lazy and don’t feel like looking it up lol.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I enjoyed that. Nothing insane but it was really nice to spend some time with the characters. Parts of it kind of felt a bit rushed though.

I don’t know if I just missed it, but did Yuri just randomly start talking about his dead son? It felt like there was 0 setup for the conversation to go that way

Also, the US agent reveal also felt rushed. We had no idea the government wanted another captain America, there was again, 0 setup. Just “hey we have a new captain America. Why? Because why not? I feel like we needed to see why the symbol of captain America might be have time return.

Really loving how all these shows are diving into the blip and it’s implications, everything getting back to normal. Feels uncomfortably timely. It would be pretty easy for them to just gloss over it

Another thing I’m really liking is how ground these Disney+ shows seem to be. Wandavision did it in a very different way, but we’re seeing characters in day to day life, not just when they’re saving the world

As for our villains, the abnormal strength could be any number of things, and considering Zemo’s involvement, might be related to the super soldier program. Maybe they were failed US agent’s or something

Don’t want to get into too many theories here since that absolutely did not pan out in wandavision

Rhodie’s cameo was nice. That is all

I enjoyed that. Nothing insane but it was really nice to spend some time with the characters. Parts of it kind of felt a bit rushed though.

I don’t know if I just missed it, but did Yuri just randomly start talking about his dead son? It felt like there was 0 setup for the conversation to go that way

Also, the US agent reveal also felt rushed. We had no idea the government wanted another captain America, there was again, 0 setup. Just “hey we have a new captain America. Why? Because why not? I feel like we needed to see why the symbol of captain America might be have time return.

Really loving how all these shows are diving into the blip and it’s implications, everything getting back to normal. Feels uncomfortably timely. It would be pretty easy for them to just gloss over it

Another thing I’m really liking is how ground these Disney+ shows seem to be. Wandavision did it in a very different way, but we’re seeing characters in day to day life, not just when they’re saving the world

As for our villains, the abnormal strength could be any number of things, and considering Zemo’s involvement, might be related to the super soldier program. Maybe they were failed US agent’s or something

Don’t want to get into too many theories here since that absolutely did not pan out in wandavision

Rhodie’s cameo was nice. That is all
    a) he started talking about his son because the food he ordered was his sons favorite or something
    b) it’s spelled Rhodey not Rhodie. You acting like he’s a Barbie doll

1) That makes more sense. Still a bit choppy but much better

2) Do not insult Barbie machine

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,757 ★★★★★
    Since I'm not the kind to spoil things for people, that was a really good episode. Really enjoyed the two sides of it. The action sequence as well as the personal character building.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,794 ★★★★★
    I dunno if anyone noticed it on the end credits, but there was a reference to Power Broker on those posters. For those not in the know, in the comics Power Broker was a guy who created a process that enabled people to be given superhuman strength, endurance and durability. Sound familiar?

That was a banging episode and I loved that opening action scene.
    edited March 2021
    This episode was so fun.
    All this super-soldier talk has me excited if Sentry's gonna come since he too came from the super-soldier serum. Probably not but fun to think about it.

This episode was so fun.

All this super-soldier talk has me excited if Sentry's gonna come since he too came from the super-soldier serum. Probably not but fun to think about it.

Sentry would be pretty cool. The episode was great.
    Okay but why are Bucky and Sam so petty? USAgent obviously has good intentions and has his head in the right place. I mean I know he turns bad and stuff but it’s going to be because of those two not giving him a chance.

Either way I enjoyed this episode and can’t wait until next Friday.
    this was another banger of an episode
    Also loved how the music that plays over the logo and during his presentation is a modern version of the Star Spangled Man With a Plan from cap 1
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    First episode was trash

Okay but why are Bucky and Sam so petty? USAgent obviously has good intentions and has his head in the right place. I mean I know he turns bad and stuff but it’s going to be because of those two not giving him a chance.

Yea he seems like a nice guy. Kinda unnecessarythat they are rejecting him.
    Another great episode I have to say. It’s progressing at a good pace, and it seems like we know all our players, which is a nice welcome break from wandavision.

I’m really glad they gave John Walker some characterisation at the start, and they make him seem like actually isn’t a bad guy, he’s just doing his best.

Not sure if that will hold though considering what we know from the comics.

Really enjoyed, like last episode, the seriousness of the show. Some of the themes they’re exploring are excellent, especially when it would be so easy to shy away from them. The whole Isaiah Bradley sequence had me on edge and it was amazing.

I feel like they attempted some humour in this episode, but I’m not sure since I don’t think I even blew air once

Very glad we’re getting Zemo next episode, looking forward to that. Plus we know Powerbroker is going to be a player going forward. I’m glad they didn’t dance around the introduction, we just know the motivations of characters from the get go.

So far, the characterisation has definitely been the best thing about this series, it’s been excellent, and I really hope this is the kind of quality we get going forward, not just with the shows, but in the films too

Roll on next week

They're petty because regardless of good intentions, it's tarnishing the legacy that Captain America left behind, and putting in a government placeholder who did not go through the extremes our Cap did, nor have such a strong moral compass, is not good for a "replacement" or an icon. Plus, really? REALLY? Why are Bucky and Sam being petty? The guys who've been his best friends, one of them for over 100 years. It's because they're in mourning and the government used Sams trust to get the shield, only to replace his best friend with some crappy guy they don't even know that the government is saying will do just fine.
    What has been tarnished and who is a crappy guy? He is an amazing and distinguished soldier who wants to live up to his role as Captain America, and states that he realizes he isn’t Steve and isn’t trying to be Steve. I’m opposed to the government that decided to not honor the shield’s retirement, but Walker is fine in his qualifications and intentions.

Bucky was friends with him until he fell off the train and started up again in Civil War. Then he was blipped so that’s about 30 years of Bucky being Steve’s friend. They were not in contact for 100 years. Sam legit gave up the shield because he didn’t trust Steve’s judgement. Both of them put Steve on a pedestal when he is still just a human with flaws. No one can live up to an idolized person in the idolator’s eyes.

I say petty as in they don’t want his help because “oh da shield” when all he has done is be propaganda like Steve was at first and come to their rescue like Cap’s first mission.

TLDR new cap as a person good, the government trying to reboot cap is bad motivations.

They're petty because regardless of good intentions, it's tarnishing the legacy that Captain America left behind, and putting in a government placeholder who did not go through the extremes our Cap did, nor have such a strong moral compass, is not good for a "replacement" or an icon. Plus, really? REALLY? Why are Bucky and Sam being petty? The guys who've been his best friends, one of them for over 100 years. It's because they're in mourning and the government used Sams trust to get the shield, only to replace his best friend with some crappy guy they don't even know that the government is saying will do just fine.
    What has been tarnished and who is a crappy guy? He is an amazing and distinguished soldier who wants to live up to his role as Captain America, and states that he realizes he isn’t Steve and isn’t trying to be Steve. I’m opposed to the government that decided to not honor the shield’s retirement, but Walker is fine in his qualifications and intentions.

Bucky was friends with him until he fell off the train and started up again in Civil War. Then he was blipped so that’s about 30 years of Bucky being Steve’s friend. They were not in contact for 100 years. Sam legit gave up the shield because he didn’t trust Steve’s judgement. Both of them put Steve on a pedestal when he is still just a human with flaws. No one can live up to an idolized person in the idolator’s eyes.

I say petty as in they don’t want his help because “oh da shield” when all he has done is be propaganda like Steve was at first and come to their rescue like Cap’s first mission.

TLDR new cap as a person good, the government trying to reboot cap is bad motivations.

This. I'll be so disappointed if they use him as a this cliched guy who has the same intentions as the protaginists but crosses lines with them at every path.

Also, can anyone bring me up to speed with Steve? Did he die or what after endgame.

This. I'll be so disappointed if they use him as a this cliched guy who has the same intentions as the protaginists but crosses lines with them at every path.

Also, can anyone bring me up to speed with Steve? Did he die or what after endgame.

He is probably still alive but living out a peaceful retirement somewhere. He was just very old and had lived a fulfilling life so he is publicly dead probably.

The Museum had a piece saying he retired last week.
    Another great episode, nice to see I was right in my prediction last week.

Cool seeing Carl Lumbly playing another comic-book character after him being Martian Manhunter's dad on Supergirl, even if I didn't recognise him.

I do find it hilarious, though, that they gave Hoskins a codename yet he's still running around with a huge HOSKINS name tape across his pecs.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★

Yea he seems like a nice guy. Kinda unnecessarythat they are rejecting him.
    He does seem legit so far... but he was a complete heel in the comics. Way too edgy to carry the shield. There was a hint of his brutality in this episode when he shoots one of the super soldiers on the roof of that truck.
    I'm intrigued to see how the story develops. The Power Broker and Flagsmasher story line could lead to some interesting reveals if the comics are followed. A new female super soldier hero could be introduced who dated a member of the FF. Things could get VERY interesting.
    edited March 2021
    I'm loving this show so far.
    I would like to see more development of USAgent learned to fight with Cap's shield. The show makes it seem like shield throwing is an easy skill to pick up. It's not.
    In the comics the only person who could master Captain America's fighting style was Taskmaster. So the government made Taskmaster train USAgent.

Its almost enough to make you wonder if the Taskmaster training had to be removed from the show due to the Black Widow movie being delayed so many times? The pandemic affected the world in so many ways.
    Another top-drawer episode this week. Major league butt-kicking in the hiz-ouse!
    edited April 2021

Another top-drawer episode this week. Major league butt-kicking in the hiz-ouse!

Zemo is the best
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,757 ★★★★★
    Maybe my favorite episode thus far.
    Marvel is killing it with these shows! So much action. Falcon with his zingers. And the plot thickens!