**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thronebreaker Requirements... 8 Months Later

Comments

• SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

It's almost like progression titles are meant to be more accessible the longer they are available.

Most of the knee jerk reactions in that thread failed to take into account the long game and felt like they needed to be tb immediately which negates the whole point of progression based titles.

I was fortunate enough to have 2 r3s from abyss completion and act 6 exploration before thronebreaker was introduced. Thinking back I'd have taken a dud as my first r3 for the title, since then I'm now sitting on 4 different t5cc and about to form another class.

Map 7 and glory store gives enough t5cc weekly that I used to skip previous cav eqs because the rewards didn't feel worth. Having it be a selector makes it much more worth for those trying to form specific t5cc.

Then there's the variants which are generally easier with much better rewards and 7.1 that gave a selector. At this point I don't really see getting the title as a problem if you're actually interested in working for it

Of course progression titles should be easier to get with time, but I think that time should have way more to do with your roster/ability to get the content done improving rather than the state of the game having to take it's time and change.

I agree now that if you really want TB, you can get the content done and get yourself in shape, but that was definitely not the case when the title was first released.
    Getting thronebreaker always involved your roster/ability to get content done. Abyss initial completion still remains the easiest way to form a t5cc unit wise.

The state of the game changing made forming a t5cc through alternative means more feasible over a longer period of time but It didn't change who the title was initially geared towards.

When it was first released had they initially changed the requirement to act 6 exploration or abyss completion people would've still complained about having it locked behind exploring bad content or not enjoying drawn out abyss style content.
    It had something to do with your roster/ability to do content but the main problem overall is that it was still so easy to get absolutely shafted. Like I brought out, a 25% selector from Act 6 completion is all the selectability we had. You could explore all content in the game and still not have a half-decent T5CC/champ combo for a R3.
    I agree that rng could leave you shafted but not having a r3 after exploring all the content in the game was extremely overstated when abyss exploration gives you a nexus crystal selector and 3 t5cc.

Not having a decent champion for your first t5cc was more common from doing either abyss completion or act 6 exploration but at that point it's subjective on whether you think the title was worth taking up a mediocre champ or waiting.
    Both choices are arguable and depends on an individual user
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

A lot of summoners wanted to be TB as soon as possible, while their accounts were not ready due to either RNG or lack of content done.

See that was my only problem with the title. No one should be deemed unready because of RNG. Even if your roster is horrible, skills or quite frankly, units would always get you through the content you needed to get through for the progression titles. Then suddenly you could have a great roster combined with both skills and units, and there's a pretty good chance it's still not enough to get you what you need? That never sat right. Gladly, the RNG aspect has since been somewhat solved imo.
    RNG was only ever a factor if you were doing bare minimum. Even at the very beginning of the title I saw very few people who had been running map 7 AQ complaining about RNG. If you weren't doing what you had to do to accumulate as much t5cc as possible already, RNG wasn't the problem the player was.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Didn't think the requirements were high enough when it was introduced. Still don't think they are.

I actually agree with you on this one. However, 3 r3s and 100% act 6 is dumb. People like Agent X zzz and Rockypanther who have explored abyss and in Agent’s case is insane at the game, dont even have 3 r3’s. Agent just finally got his 3rd i think.

Originally, i had mixed feelings. Mostly due to the RNG. I have been TB since the start and I explored Act 6 before the title.

Now, i have realized the requirement is definitely too easy. The amount of people ive seen who have only done completion of Act 6/7 and not even explored it who are TB pains me. I struggle to see how you(Worknprogress) and I get the same rewards as those people. It doesnt mean they are bad players, they just shouldnt be in the same progression bracket.

Looking back, T5CC is not that hard to come by, especially if you use cash. As Etjama outlined.

So for me, I would have preferred to have seen TB gated in Act 6 Exploration or in Abyss exploration.

Why not later in Act 7? Because Act 7 is too easy. It is what we all(most of us?) asked for: fun content. But it is no where near challenging. And neither is 7.2.

Act 6 Exploration is a very hard thing to accomplish, even after the Act 6 nerf.(Most of which shouldnt have been put in place if you ask me.) But Act 6 Exploration is the best thing i can think of in Story Content. It would also make an incentive to explore it. What are those TB people who got lucky gonna explore act 6 for? They have t5cc from glory and calendar.

Abyss would be the more painful gateway, but it would also limit the amount of people even further. Personally, id rather keep it in Story.

Anyways, thats my opinion. Shouldve been Act 6 Exploration.
    This I can definitely see and agree with... mostly. My only problem with that is really the... Cavalier requirements I guess? The gap between 6.1 completion and 6.4 exploration is extremely large and I don't see how someone someone who just beat 6.1 Sentinel should get the same rewards as someone who's explored almost all content in the game. I think Kabam was itching to put out a new progression title and put Cav out way too early.
    It should have been 6.2. It is probably the hardest content in the game. And 6.1 is kinda a joke.
    Yeah, 6.2 at least imo. 6.1 just had Xbones and now even he's nerfed, Arc Overload instead of Vigor just means any poison immune/pseudo immune will work. If you can complete 6.2, there's a very good chance you can do everything else.
    Exactly why it should be 6.2. No point in putting in 6.3 if 6.2 is so much harder. Plus, cool boss.
    Etjama said:

Didn't think the requirements were high enough when it was introduced. Still don't think they are.

People like Agent X zzz and Rockypanther who have explored abyss and in Agent’s case is insane at the game
    Ouch.

But entirely fair.

Very much agree Etjama. The difference between then and now isn’t the quantity of T5CC, it’s the autonomy that players have over their T5CC through the available selectors and nexus’ that makes all the difference

Now all they need to do is introduce the dual class crystals for shards and we’ll be golden

(Please let me use my 2 Cosmic T5CC. Please. Not to mention the skill, science and mystic I also have in my stash)
    Yes, dual class please. Also RIP.
    I think its too soon. I think tri class would be better.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

A lot of summoners wanted to be TB as soon as possible, while their accounts were not ready due to either RNG or lack of content done.

See that was my only problem with the title. No one should be deemed unready because of RNG. Even if your roster is horrible, skills or quite frankly, units would always get you through the content you needed to get through for the progression titles. Then suddenly you could have a great roster combined with both skills and units, and there's a pretty good chance it's still not enough to get you what you need? That never sat right. Gladly, the RNG aspect has since been somewhat solved imo.
    RNG was only ever a factor if you were doing bare minimum. Even at the very beginning of the title I saw very few people who had been running map 7 AQ complaining about RNG. If you weren't doing what you had to do to accumulate as much t5cc as possible already, RNG wasn't the problem the player was.
    Lots of people don't have the time to be in a Map 7 alliance due to linked nodes across the map having to be taken down at different times, but that's another problem that should be solved soon with the AQ update. Time investment has always been an aspect of improvement in this game but missing out on a whole title that greatly improves almost all rewards, including Cyber Monday/July 4th just because you don't have the time to run Map 7 in AQ is pretty ridiculous. And you did say "very few", not "no one". So there were people doing the absolute maximum still getting screwed by RNG. That really doesn't happen anymore due to more selectability.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

I actually agree with you on this one. However, 3 r3s and 100% act 6 is dumb. People like Agent X zzz and Rockypanther who have explored abyss and in Agent’s case is insane at the game, dont even have 3 r3’s. Agent just finally got his 3rd i think.

Originally, i had mixed feelings. Mostly due to the RNG. I have been TB since the start and I explored Act 6 before the title.

Now, i have realized the requirement is definitely too easy. The amount of people ive seen who have only done completion of Act 6/7 and not even explored it who are TB pains me. I struggle to see how you(Worknprogress) and I get the same rewards as those people. It doesnt mean they are bad players, they just shouldnt be in the same progression bracket.

Looking back, T5CC is not that hard to come by, especially if you use cash. As Etjama outlined.

So for me, I would have preferred to have seen TB gated in Act 6 Exploration or in Abyss exploration.

Why not later in Act 7? Because Act 7 is too easy. It is what we all(most of us?) asked for: fun content. But it is no where near challenging. And neither is 7.2.

Act 6 Exploration is a very hard thing to accomplish, even after the Act 6 nerf.(Most of which shouldnt have been put in place if you ask me.) But Act 6 Exploration is the best thing i can think of in Story Content. It would also make an incentive to explore it. What are those TB people who got lucky gonna explore act 6 for? They have t5cc from glory and calendar.

Abyss would be the more painful gateway, but it would also limit the amount of people even further. Personally, id rather keep it in Story.

This I can definitely see and agree with... mostly. My only problem with that is really the... Cavalier requirements I guess? The gap between 6.1 completion and 6.4 exploration is extremely large and I don't see how someone someone who just beat 6.1 Sentinel should get the same rewards as someone who's explored almost all content in the game. I think Kabam was itching to put out a new progression title and put Cav out way too early.
    It should have been 6.2. It is probably the hardest content in the game. And 6.1 is kinda a joke.
    Yeah, 6.2 at least imo. 6.1 just had Xbones and now even he's nerfed, Arc Overload instead of Vigor just means any poison immune/pseudo immune will work. If you can complete 6.2, there's a very good chance you can do everything else.
    Exactly why it should be 6.2. No point in putting in 6.3 if 6.2 is so much harder. Plus, cool boss.
    Etjama said:

People like Agent X zzz and Rockypanther who have explored abyss and in Agent’s case is insane at the game
    Ouch.

But entirely fair.

Very much agree Etjama. The difference between then and now isn’t the quantity of T5CC, it’s the autonomy that players have over their T5CC through the available selectors and nexus’ that makes all the difference

Now all they need to do is introduce the dual class crystals for shards and we’ll be golden

(Please let me use my 2 Cosmic T5CC. Please. Not to mention the skill, science and mystic I also have in my stash)
    I disagree. It’s backwards to have a requirement like “rank 3 6-star” and no ability at all to pursue a class of champion to match a catalyst. Minuscule feature and daily specials odds aren’t it.

This month is a prime example of how t5cc is more available, but not necessarily helpful. Put the nexus aside, because that improvement gives a 50% chance to get your desired class. Past months offered 3 random 10%s (EQ, objective, sidequest). This month was the 10% nexus and 10 2% crystals. The result for this month for me was that I had one class get 5% or more, because my 2% crystals went 2-2-2-2-1-1.

The reality of t5cc for many players is that RNG favored one class a bit more than others, so that was the choice for the act 6 selector, further widening the gap between that class and the others. My alt has 77% of a mutant catalyst, one class at half (thanks, 7.1) and four classes languishing at 15-35%.

It’s insane that a player who became uncollected yesterday can pull half a t5b per AQ at the same glory price as a TB player. Meanwhile, a cavalier player with rotten RNG luck has no access to t5cc in the store. This mid season update would’ve been a great time to make the t5 available at 2700, the old TB price.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Lots of people don't have the time to be in a Map 7 alliance due to linked nodes across the map having to be taken down at different times, but that's another problem that should be solved soon with the AQ update. Time investment has always been an aspect of improvement in this game but missing out on a whole title that greatly improves almost all rewards, including Cyber Monday/July 4th just because you don't have the time to run Map 7 in AQ is pretty ridiculous. And you did say "very few", not "no one". So there were people doing the absolute maximum still getting screwed by RNG. That really doesn't happen anymore due to more selectability.
    I don't know where people get the idea that Map 7 is so time consuming. Map 6 is worse time wise since each mini boss is linked. Map 7 mini's aren't linked by the paths. My BG has been in section 2 since 4:48pm CST and I'm not glued to my phone to move every time I get 1 energy. There are days where I can get to section 3 before I even get to bed. They reduced the timers to 45 mins as well which also moves things along. I think most people would be surprised how quickly you can clear map 7 vs other maps.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Ouch.

But entirely fair.

I disagree. It’s backwards to have a requirement like “rank 3 6-star” and no ability at all to pursue a class of champion to match a catalyst. Minuscule feature and daily specials odds aren’t it.

This month is a prime example of how t5cc is more available, but not necessarily helpful. Put the nexus aside, because that improvement gives a 50% chance to get your desired class. Past months offered 3 random 10%s (EQ, objective, sidequest). This month was the 10% nexus and 10 2% crystals. The result for this month for me was that I had one class get 5% or more, because my 2% crystals went 2-2-2-2-1-1.

The reality of t5cc for many players is that RNG favored one class a bit more than others, so that was the choice for the act 6 selector, further widening the gap between that class and the others. My alt has 77% of a mutant catalyst, one class at half (thanks, 7.1) and four classes languishing at 15-35%.

It’s insane that a player who became uncollected yesterday can pull half a t5b per AQ at the same glory price as a TB player. Meanwhile, a cavalier player with rotten RNG luck has no access to t5cc in the store. This mid season update would’ve been a great time to make the t5 available at 2700, the old TB price.
    Its not backwards though. They said the title was aimed at those who 100% abyss originally. So i dont feel too excited about making it even easier for people who have done a very small amount of content to get it.
    TyEdge said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Ouch.

But entirely fair.

What's insane to me is that people will hold on to class or generic AG's for ages and ages back in the day when they were rare for the right champ but with T5CC their all up in arms because they don't have a champ RIGHT NOW to use it on so RNG is the bad guy. It's not like after you form 1 class of T5CC you can no longer get other classes until you used the fully formed one.
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

I said very few to not act like I know for a fact that no one had any issues even though I know of none personally nor do I remember hearing any talking about it.

Those people not having the time doesn't not change the fact that RNG was never the issue, the players were.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

I don't know where people get the idea that Map 7 is so time consuming. Map 6 is worse time wise since each mini boss is linked. Map 7 mini's aren't linked by the paths. My BG has been in section 2 since 4:48pm CST and I'm not glued to my phone to move every time I get 1 energy. There are days where I can get to section 3 before I even get to bed. They reduced the timers to 45 mins as well which also moves things along. I think most people would be surprised how quickly you can clear map 7 vs other maps.
    Honestly my biggest complaint with aq is its boring. Running the same paths weeks on end.
    H3t3r said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Honestly my biggest complaint with aq is its boring. Running the same paths weeks on end.
    Does your alliance not allow you to switch paths?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Definitely sad for those people who have a tier 5 cc of a particular class and not a single 6* in such class!

The original intention of the Title was for people with an extensive 6* Roster. People who would have all Classes.
  • ShtickRickShtickRick Posts: 210

TyEdge said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Ouch.

But entirely fair.

What's insane to me is that people will hold on to class or generic AG's for ages and ages back in the day when they were rare for the right champ but with T5CC their all up in arms because they don't have a champ RIGHT NOW to use it on so RNG is the bad guy. It's not like after you form 1 class of T5CC you can no longer get other classes until you used the fully formed one.
    I have to disagree with you on this one as while those two situations might seem similar they're actually a bit different. With the awakening gem situation you're waiting for the champion you think will benefit the most from that gem. However, once you awaken that champ the only change is that champ's power; you do not suddenly gain added benefits or extra rewards like you do when you rank 3 a 6 star for Thronebreaker. That's why people can hold on to gems for long periods of time because there's really no rush. Also like someone mentioned above the Thronebreaker requirement were announced shortly before Cyber weekend so the perceived urgency was a lot higher.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 643 ★★★
    I agree and don't agree with you mate. I was getting real nervous with act 6 explore because at the time only class I was close to was tech. If I recall correctly I had 30+ 6* then and maybe 9 or 10 were r2. If my explore pushed me too tech I would have had to r3 redskull it was making me nervous is why I remember it. That's a huge commitment because it's not just a t5c to throw away it was all the other resources to r1 upto r3 as well. No one that puts that much effort in should be forced to throw away resources like that.

Pretty sure I saw someone on here that 100 act 6 and ran through abyss had t5c in overflow but rng all skill. He had hawkeye. That was it in skill. I don't remember his count of total 6 but would be decent for all that and all the variants 100%.

Is t5c easier to come by. Oh yes it is especially if you're already tb as that's 25% more than everyone else right there, but it is still a dumb requirement.

It is what it is now and I'll never like the requirement and will never agree but I'm past in in main and alt so is a non issue to me now.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I said as much when TB was introduced. Act 6 exploration should have been the minimum requirement with an R3. Some people suggested Abyss exploration, which did not make sense to me at all. Abyss is a permanent content, but it is a side content like Variant. I was cavalier with close to forming a cosmic at that time. Even I thought only 1 R3 was insanely low requirement. My mind has still not changed.
    If it is at all possible, they should move the cavalier requirement to beating 6.2. With the nerfing of crossbones in 6.1, it has become a joke. Original crossbones was insanely difficult because there were very little counters. You needed a double immune ideally, or at least a bleed immune at minimum and needed to out damage that vigor node. With the new changes, all you need is a poison immune.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Before the release of act 7, I and many other were probably quite unhappy with the r3 requirement. However with act 7, came another 25% t5cc selector (bringing that up to 50% from act 6 and 7.1) as well as some more random t5cc which are far easier to get (compared to act 6) due to the design of the quests. If act 7 was as BS as it was in the original beta, I do think that people will still be complaining about this requirement and have a right to do so.

Add to that recently, Variants have started having t5cc and cav eq now has a t5cc nexus and I feel that it is completely justified.
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    I think the increased availability of 6 star and 6 star nexus crystals has made it easier to have a good enough champion to R3 in every class.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I have mixed feelings about TB. I am not a TB yet.

On one hand, the requirement kinda sucks, obtaining a t5cc is pain and I would sell my soul for some t5cc frags. Also there is no content atm that would be restricted to those who have power of r3 6* (afterall thats what Kabam said, they wanna distinguish between those who have this big power and those who dont, in terms of content)

But on the other hand, there is no rush. I will eventually get my r3 and although thered no TB exclusive content, they get pretty solid calendar and daily+free crystals and it is good to distinguish their needs at least in terms of offers and gifts
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 266 ★★★
    Just hope that future titles/ milestones won't be locked behind a rank up decision/gate.
    My argument has nothing to do with luck or resource allocation but rather enjoyment and satisfaction.

Majority of previous titles (maybe except cavalier) were awarded after having a " boss fight", I still remember the satisfaction of beating the collector the first time and receiving the in game mail of the uncollected title.
    In return beating the grandmaster for the first time didn't hit as hard as the collector.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I was always on the side of forming a t5cc rather than having a r3 6 star. Because it's rng if you can get r3 worthy 6 star for your t5cc. I myself have a mutant t5cc and no one to use it on.
    But now I think t5cc is becoming more and more available and also more selectivity is being provided through selectors and nexus crystals. So i would say that the requirements are alright. Forming a t5cc of a specific class for your thronebreaker rank up is now more accessible. You can still get shafted like me but you will still eventually get fragments per month to chip towards tb.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Honestly, even though I’m thronebreaker now my problem was and still is the RNG involved, granted it’s not as bad now with the nexus crystals.
    But before I formed a single catalyst I had done
    6.1, 7.1, all Variants 100%
    Act 6 completion
    All the CavEQs
    I did run an abyss path before becoming TB too because I had r3 options in 5 classes, of course I got T5cc for the 6th class.
    Honestly, doing all that to get TB was fine, I enjoyed it, my problem comes purely from the fact that some people can revive their way throughthe bare minimum and hit thronebreaker just because, unlike myself with all 6 of my classes at 50-95% before forming one, all their catalyst fragments landed in the same class to form one to get TB incredibly early.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

Etjama said:

I can actually agree with that depending on what exactly you mean by not high enough. I'd have been completely fine if they locked TB behind difficult content. Locking it behind something like more R3's would've just been absolutely horrible imo.
    100% Act 6 and 3 R3s would have been a start.
    Just curious, why 3 R3s?

Etjama said:

I can actually agree with that depending on what exactly you mean by not high enough. I'd have been completely fine if they locked TB behind difficult content. Locking it behind something like more R3's would've just been absolutely horrible imo.
    Just curious, why 3 R3s?
    The number is pretty arbitrary. 3 or 5 wouldn't make much difference. It basically just stops people lucking into it by requiring multiple
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

This is my mini account that has been thronebreaker since December last year. At the time I had 1 R2 6* and 9 R5 5*. I had a 6* of every class and was going to rank up whichever class I managed to pull, (Squirrel Girl, Cap IW, Sorcerer, Carnage/Gamora, warlock or storm X)

It was pretty easy to do as long as you have Aegon and save up units for a month or two.

Thronebreaker requirements are not too hard, and I don’t think they were too hard even when they were introduced. Abyss easy path is not *hard* content per se. It doesn’t have a ton of difficult technical fights, it’s just long fights and a test of endurance. It’s hard to do though, sure, but doable by anyone.

Abyss was around when TB was announced and was the best option to get TB.

I think the fact that accounts as undeveloped as my mini can get TB is a sign it’s not too hard.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

Etjama said:

Just curious, why 3 R3s?
    The number is pretty arbitrary. 3 or 5 wouldn't make much difference. It basically just stops people lucking into it by requiring multiple
    Ok, thanks, that also anwers the question why not 4 or more.

We’ll have to wait and see what the requirements for the next progression title are going to be. I’m more in favor of clearing certain content 100% then having to take a champ (or several) to a certain rank.

Etjama said:

Just curious, why 3 R3s?
    Ok, thanks, that also anwers the question why not 4 or more.

We’ll have to wait and see what the requirements for the next progression title are going to be. I’m more in favor of clearing certain content 100% then having to take a champ (or several) to a certain rank.
    I doubt any further titles will be closely tied to content. I think they did Act 6 because it's actually harder overall than Act 7. Kabam has committed to not making story content difficult going forward so I don't see how they can tie the next title to content with how much they nerfed the difficulty.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

The entire progression title system evidences a lack of planning. It’s not a bad thing to have titles (aside from the way it leverages envy and the desire for validation to drive things like offers), but in my opinion many of the problems result from poor planning and ad hoc implementation.

Neglecting Elder’s Bane (which at the time was a significant pain) but sticking Cav at 6.1 completion was the start of the problem. From an outsider’s perspective, the creation of Cavalier appeared to be a decision driven by the desire to sell crystals. Perhaps that’s why its placement seems so odd in game to me.

TB suffered from its own set of implementation issues. Given where the game is today, it is probably too easy to attain.
    However, if it required Abyss or Act 6 explore, I can attest that there are quite a few veteran players who play and spend regularly (but have no interest in making a career out of MCoC) who would have lost interest. Perhaps that group isn’t sizeable enough to worry about, but I tend to think steady, reliable customers are important to sustaining the game.

I tend to think more titles should have been part of the answer, because it would separate the player base with more granularity. For example, exploration of all Variants (or at least 1-5), explore of LoL, explore of at least part of Act 6 (through the Champion for example), roster requirements (R5 5*’s and R3 6*’s or at least x T5c formed)—these are all ways to distinguish among Summoners without tying it to something like Abyss. Applying a more nuanced approach could have even led to tiering within the TB title, which I think would be a good thing.

Some of what I believe endgamers who have done all available content miss is that they are likely a small minority of players. If Kabam wants to provide an additional title beyond TB for them, I’m fine. But I think setting TB aside for those players only would have forced the team to water it down eventually anyway.

Dr. Zola

I agree with the elder's bane comment. Ideally, I would have liked Kabam to lock act 6 behind elder's bane title. It would have forced people to grow their roster before trying out act 6 and would have resulted in much less complaints about the class and star gates. Throne breaker should have been locked behind act 6 exploration and should have ignored the 6star rank 3 requirement, unless you are planning to give a T5cc selector at the end of the exploration. Let's face it, T5cc was largely rng dependent even after exploration of act 6. You could explore every content other than Abyss and still get shafted by rng. Even in abyss, we saw people getting 2 T5cc of the same class that they did not want after exploration.