**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

THE BIRTH OF A TECH GOD

13»

Comments

• Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

altavista said:

Do his abilities make him any more difficult as a defender? I have a few paths to complete with HtD on it, and am debating whether I need to finish them before updating or not.

Without that pesky little shock that he places on you at 30% and 60% , it should actually make it easier now. Don't use a mutant since he reduces debuff duration and your parries will end quicker.
    Thanks. Looking at the Champion spotlights, it did seem like only Crossbones would become more annoying (due to dAAR), but wanted to make sure.
  • Options
    Maxwell24Maxwell24 Posts: 413 ★★★

Hes def got things going for him. Top 5 tech? Just no. They still went the wrong route on this one taking away utility

His “utility” was pretty unreliable before. That said, Howard still doesnt have much in the utility department.
    Yes. So fix that and increase the ramp up. There wasnt a need to do this. I see people disagreeing and thats fine. But i have a feeling not many touched him before this anyway. Swede explaines it best in his post
    Swedeah showed gameplay in labyrinth because that was the only place where Howard was semi-useful pre buff. And he required a full synergy team. There's a reason there was no Howard gameplay in Act 6. Now Howard will be able to be used in so many places.
    He just needed tigra, sweadah showed more synergies to show his best potential
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Maxwell24 said:

Hes def got things going for him. Top 5 tech? Just no. They still went the wrong route on this one taking away utility

His “utility” was pretty unreliable before. That said, Howard still doesnt have much in the utility department.
    Yes. So fix that and increase the ramp up. There wasnt a need to do this. I see people disagreeing and thats fine. But i have a feeling not many touched him before this anyway. Swede explaines it best in his post
    Swedeah showed gameplay in labyrinth because that was the only place where Howard was semi-useful pre buff. And he required a full synergy team. There's a reason there was no Howard gameplay in Act 6. Now Howard will be able to be used in so many places.
    He just needed tigra, sweadah showed more synergies to show his best potential
    I think we all would have preferred if HTD got the buff without losing his core abilities. But, this buff seems to be a good one. Hopefully, Kabam is reading this thread and will consider adding the regen back into his kit. Almost all tech champions with a robot have some form of regen and HTD missing that seems odd.
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Top 5? Rly?!
    Better tech champs:
    Sentinel
    Warlock
    Ghost
    Guardian
    G99
    Sparky
    Fishbowl head
    Doc oc

Top 9 best case, and it's not even guaranteed (pun99, triangle man, darkhawk, hulk buster are all better imo)

As someone with a rank 3 mysterio I would safely scratch him from that list personally. I think hulkbuster deserves it better than doc and mysterio, I'd put HTD just below g2099 if it was my list but we're all entitled to our opinions of course
  • Options
    Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    Does he need a dupe? I have a 6* and was tempted to take him to r2. (Still not TB)
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    I just saw this on YT, his worse than before?? How?
    https://youtu.be/cLSWD9Ecni4
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★

Great vid!
    Yes, people who used him said before the buff went live that his damage would be reduced. That's what we got. In exchange you got reliable heal block in sp1 and armor break on heavy
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

That's only on longer fights since his max damage has been traded for more upfront damage and RELIABLE utility.
  • Options
    MelkanMelkan Posts: 83
    Does howard rely on his awakening or would you R2 an unduped 6 star?
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Melkan said:

R2 an unduped 6 star. His awakening makes him a nice Domino counter though.
  • Options
    MelkanMelkan Posts: 83

Melkan said:

R2 an unduped 6 star. His awakening makes him a nice Domino counter though.
    Yeah that would be something but ok thx for the info. I have a duped 5 star but i rather not rank 5 stars if its not necessary
  • Options
    RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
    Aleor said:

Top 5? Rly?!
    Better tech champs:
    Sentinel
    Warlock
    Ghost
    Guardian
    G99
    Sparky
    Fishbowl head
    Doc oc

Top 9 best case, and it's not even guaranteed (pun99, triangle man, darkhawk, hulk buster are all better imo)

New howard is better than half of those...
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    I am surprised to agree with you again @KDSuperFlash10 . Howard is indeed very much fun to play, hard hitting and solid utility champion. I also love that you can just always opt for not bothering w mashing and leave it up to AI.

However I am not sure about the top5 techs, no.1 is ghost, then guardian, sentinel, probably g2099. Rest is cloudy and I haven't tested HtD enough to be so sure that he is top5
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

I am surprised to agree with you again @KDSuperFlash10 . Howard is indeed very much fun to play, hard hitting and solid utility champion. I also love that you can just always opt for not bothering w mashing and leave it up to AI.

However I am not sure about the top5 techs, no.1 is ghost, then guardian, sentinel, probably g2099. Rest is cloudy and I haven't tested HtD enough to be so sure that he is top5

did you just forget about warlock or did you intentionally leave him out :open_mouth:
  • Options
    RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Top 5 Techs:
    Ghost
    Warlock
    G99
    Guardian
    Hulkbuster

Top 6-10:
    Howard
    Sentinel
    Starky
    IMIW
    Doc Oc.

Overall the tech class is weak in quantity of quality champs, but the top 6 are all solid champs. Sentinel and below are meh imo though.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

tell me a single place where you would use his "utility" His sp2 debuffs are way too inconsistent to be used anywhere where power gain or heal matters. Look at swedeah, leader of the HTD nErFed club. his takedown of wpx simply proves that his utility was pretty trash before and now post buff, he has *actual* uses with real utility. stop lying to yourself
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

tell me a single place where you would use his "utility" His sp2 debuffs are way too inconsistent to be used anywhere where power gain or heal matters. Look at swedeah, leader of the HTD nErFed club. his takedown of wpx simply proves that his utility was pretty trash before and now post buff, he has *actual* uses with real utility. stop lying to yourself
    It's once again the community over hyping the champion. Htd is a solid buff. No way is he top 5. He comes at bottom half of top 10. We have
    Ghost
    Warlock
    G99
    Guardian
    Hulkbuster
    Sentinel
    Starky
    IMIW
    Doc Oc
    Not in that order. I don't see Howard ranking above these champs except may be imiw.
  • Options
    Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    Anyone actually having trouble with Crossbones fury upkeep or is it just me? I don't have the Mangog synergy and very often I lose all my furies. What playstyle seems to be the best without the Mangog synergy?
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Anyone actually having trouble with Crossbones fury upkeep or is it just me? I don't have the Mangog synergy and very often I lose all my furies. What playstyle seems to be the best without the Mangog synergy?

heavy intercept the opponent's specials or just throw heavies once every 9 seconds

hit overrun when your furies are about to run out
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

It's once again the community over hyping the champion. Htd is a solid buff. No way is he top 5. He comes at bottom half of top 10. We have
    Ghost
    Warlock
    G99
    Guardian
    Hulkbuster
    Sentinel
    Starky
    IMIW
    Doc Oc
    Not in that order. I don't see Howard ranking above these champs except may be imiw.
    oh yeah id agree, hes not top 5 tech at all and probably just top 10 tech @Pulyaman