**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Crystal updates questions

So increasing the drop rates is cool, but my questions deal with the "compensations" for Odin crystal, and the falcon and winter soldier crystals. I get that they unexpectedly nerfed Odin and wanted to comp for it, but why do they get to spend $50 for a shot at one champ, then their comp is some free shots at the new one? Secondly, if people spent $25/$50 for falcon and/or winter soldier before, why does a buff to the drop rates warrant them getting free shots? So now we should buy crystal deals incase they change something? I'm sure I would've been a lot more inclined to buy at least 1 Odin pack had I known I'd also get a shot at this month's first champ for free....and same with falcon & ws.

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    The Falcon and Winter Soldier comp is because the crystal packs had the wrong drop rates for when they were put out.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Ghost2690 said:

So increasing the drop rates is cool, but my questions deal with the "compensations" for Odin crystal, and the falcon and winter soldier crystals. I get that they unexpectedly nerfed Odin and wanted to comp for it, but why do they get to spend $50 for a shot at one champ, then their comp is some free shots at the new one? Secondly, if people spent $25/$50 for falcon and/or winter soldier before, why does a buff to the drop rates warrant them getting free shots? So now we should buy crystal deals incase they change something? I'm sure I would've been a lot more inclined to buy at least 1 Odin pack had I known I'd also get a shot at this month's first champ for free....and same with falcon & ws.

I believe Kabam would be happy to allow you to buy every single crystal pack just in case one of them has a problem and they have to compensate you. If you believe the compensation is that much of an advantage to those players, by all means lock in your seat for the next time it happens.

I'm sure you would have bought them if you knew in advance there was a compensation package coming in the future, but the people who bought those packs didn't know that, and neither will you. So to be certain you will be getting the next compensation package, you have to buy them all.
  • Ghost2690Ghost2690 Posts: 9

The Falcon and Winter Soldier comp is because the crystal packs had the wrong drop rates for when they were put out.

The updates just got put out last week, and the show has been going on longer than that. I remember seeing the deals twice, so that means people bought them last week knowing featured crystals weren't getting updated until today and so it hasn't been the wrong rates. This is why I don't understand it.
    DNA3000 said:

I believe Kabam would be happy to allow you to buy every single crystal pack just in case one of them has a problem and they have to compensate you. If you believe the compensation is that much of an advantage to those players, by all means lock in your seat for the next time it happens.

I'm sure you would have bought them if you knew in advance there was a compensation package coming in the future, but the people who bought those packs didn't know that, and neither will you. So to be certain you will be getting the next compensation package, you have to buy them all.

The comment of buying each deal wasn't literal (obviously). But getting 10 or 20 featured crystals for the usual $50/$100 is giving select players a chance at 3 featured champs for the price of 2. That is an advantage. Especially with some of the newer champs in the basic pool that they can get when the comp hits, and that now they get 5/10 shots with better odds for free for the newest champ, where others have to pay for those crystals for no other reason than they couldn't afford it at the time or where being more selective. And I don't know if the people receiving the comp can still buy the packs as well, which gives them even more chances to get the newest 2. I just don't get why they seem to think this is the right comp for their screw-up.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,170 ★★★★★
    Ghost2690 said:

DNA3000 said:

The comment of buying each deal wasn't literal (obviously). But getting 10 or 20 featured crystals for the usual $50/$100 is giving select players a chance at 3 featured champs for the price of 2. That is an advantage. Especially with some of the newer champs in the basic pool that they can get when the comp hits, and that now they get 5/10 shots with better odds for free for the newest champ, where others have to pay for those crystals for no other reason than they couldn't afford it at the time or where being more selective. And I don't know if the people receiving the comp can still buy the packs as well, which gives them even more chances to get the newest 2. I just don't get why they seem to think this is the right comp for their screw-up.
    Can’t u just be a man and so wish that’s was me there gotten it and be happy I’m don’t really se a problem yes there’s getting a shot more but do’s not meant there wil get them even with the buff rats it stil horrible low so stil luck if it was like 50 procent to get them yes then I’m wil said it doesn’t need to Giv
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Gamer said:

Ghost2690 said:

DNA3000 said:

Can’t u just be a man and so wish that’s was me there gotten it and be happy I’m don’t really se a problem yes there’s getting a shot more but do’s not meant there wil get them even with the buff rats it stil horrible low so stil luck if it was like 50 procent to get them yes then I’m wil said it doesn’t need to Giv
    Yeah exactly I don't see why there are complaints about this because they did the right thing.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Always remember, a good deed never goes unpunished. OP is just handing out the punishment
    Gamer said:

Seems to be some miscommunication. 1) I didn't want mangog or Odin, and really not sold on jp yet, so wasn't/am not going to get them, nor do I wish I was (and falcon/ws aren't worth buying). 2)I was just trying to get an explanation or discussion as to why this was the decision made for comp for both situations, given kabam's long history of changing/ not changing things and not comping with more than spendable items all in order to "keep things fair" and not upset the meta. 3)Given that you offered little more than berating, I will wish you a good night under your bridge.

Always remember, a good deed never goes unpunished. OP is just handing out the punishment

Not sure I get ya