**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

No More Selling Champs

Comments

• DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    If you’ve been playing this game for several years you should have every available champ as a 1*,2* and 3* along with almost every 4* version. It’s very rare I pull any of these rarities and its not a dupe. Duping a champ is worth double the rewards and I’d even guess %75 of my 4*s are at max rank doubling that on top of it
  • I see this as a clear benefit for new players as well as old players who will get mad when they come up with a new mode or varient that is star/champ specific
  • mwag2402mwag2402 Posts: 3

mwag2402 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

mwag2402 said:

What Kabam fail to realise is that not all of us want to play the game the same way. For me, the fun of this game doesn't lie primarily in progressing through the game content and amassing the biggest roster of champions possible; its about putting together what, for me, is the ideal roster of champions. That means keeping the champions I want and getting rid of the ones I don't. I understand that means I will be denied the ability in the future to access certain types of gameplay (depending on the specific champion requirements) and I understand all the arguments being made about the benefits of duping but those are beside the point. I choose to play the game the way I enjoy it, even if that differs from how the majority play. I am now being denied that choice by Kabam. This is a terrible move by them.

So it bothers you to have champs you don't want? How do you deal with 5*s?
    I don't open crystals with 5 stars in them
    yep he is a troll lol
    Is it really that hard to understand that not everyone wants the same thing out of the game that you do? If you had read my original post, you would have understood I've no interest in building the biggest or strongest team possible. All I want is to build a roster of champions the way I want and, up to now, Kabam have allowed that. This move fundamentally alters the way I can play the game and, for me (not, I appreciate, the majority of players), significantly reduces the enjoyment I will receive from it going forward. My view remains that this is a horrible move by Kabam which simply undermines player choice.
  • SgtPolitenessSgtPoliteness Posts: 27

I see this as a clear benefit for new players as well as old players who will get mad when they come up with a new mode or varient that is star/champ specific

Yeah. Look at how salty people got in Variant 4 over the 1* Caustic Temper path because they'd sold their Hulk. I've been hoping for them to put in more content that actually justifies these lower rarities. If this change let's me do that, then I'm happy.

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    Perhaps, to introduce an option to sell on say, completing Act 4. By then, this is not a beginner and can make a choice to sell or not.

Or create in-game artifacts to earn or purchase to allow selling champs.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

I don't like the move. I haven't sold a champ for a long time, but I prefer to have the option to sell. People should have the option to play the game the way they want. Send a warning not to sell champs to new accounts if you like, but don't restrict my choices on the grounds that new players might not know better.

The ideal scenario would have been for selling champs to never have been in existence to begin with. How can someone miss something that was never there? But since we do not have a time machine (that I know of), this is the next best thing.
    It's not the next best thing for people who want the option to continue selling their 4* Joe Fixit. I've sold mine 5 or 6 times. No regrets. Haven't sold him in ages and he's currently at max sig, but I'll probably sell him before the option disappears for old times' sake.
    If you didn’t sell him ever, you would have gotten twice the amount of iso, gold and 5 star shards
  • jcwthepunisherjcwthepunisher Posts: 3
    I literally have zero 3 or 2 and none of my 4s have been ranked up
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    Let me get back my sold champs. About the only way I will see red deadpool ever again.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

I don't like the move. I haven't sold a champ for a long time, but I prefer to have the option to sell. People should have the option to play the game the way they want. Send a warning not to sell champs to new accounts if you like, but don't restrict my choices on the grounds that new players might not know better.

The ideal scenario would have been for selling champs to never have been in existence to begin with. How can someone miss something that was never there? But since we do not have a time machine (that I know of), this is the next best thing.
    It's not the next best thing for people who want the option to continue selling their 4* Joe Fixit. I've sold mine 5 or 6 times. No regrets. Haven't sold him in ages and he's currently at max sig, but I'll probably sell him before the option disappears for old times' sake.
    If you didn’t sell him ever, you would have gotten twice the amount of iso, gold and 5 star shards
    Not really. I always sold him at R3. It would take multiple dupes at max sig to equal what I got each time I sold him. At most it's break even at this point, not twice. But how do you replace the satisfaction from selling him? I hated him so much going back to the OP willpower days. 100% zero regrets for selling him repeatedly, and I'd like to still have the option.
    You realise you lost catalysts, gold and ISO which you needed in upgrading that champion to r3?
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    One of the most important questions about selling or not selling champions is : what am I supposed to do with useless champions and rarities ?

Ok the 1* are useful for a variant.
    Ok the 2* are useful for very rare arenas.
    6* is the current target, no matter what could be written. Better rank 2 a 6* than rank 5 a 5* (next upgrade, strong, health).

I play since early 2015. I have plenty (more than 100) 3*, 4* and 5* champions. To dupe a 3* or a 4* gives me very few shards for a champion of the next rarity that I really do not care about. I only open 4* for the 20 iso. I don’t open 3* due to the very low number of iso.
    I don’t appreciate the 5* are becoming obsolete for a while now. I don’t upgrade them anymore after rank 2.
    Selling useless the crappy champions could at least allow me to have them again and score on the Level Up personal event, without spending precious catalystes or too much iso and gold. But after April, it won’t be possible.

So Kabam, except making longer the scroll or use the filter, what am I supposed to do with all the useless 3* and 4*? What is the big plan ?

• SpiderTazzSpiderTazz Posts: 1
    I hate this call by KaBam. Been playing for years, it’s just personal preference and enjoyment. I don’t care about the strategy or whatever. I have a stable of champions I like having & using, and I don’t want to be forced to have ones I don’t want. Simple as that. Keeping the selling ability doesn’t prevent any of you from keeping all your champions and lets the rest of us play the way we like to. Limits on your player base guaranteeing some will enjoy the game less or even stop playing when you get no advantage for others, it’s just a bad call.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    Solvseus said:

I’m not talking about duping. I’m talking about opening a new 3 or 4 star crystal and getting a champ you already have at 5 or 6. For me, I’ll never use them. I’d rather sell now and get the rewards. Especially if I’m close to getting a new crystal. A little shy of a 5* crystal, I sell the 4 I just got that I don’t want and can open that 5. I won’t be able to do that anymore, taking me longer to open new higher tier crystals, sticking me with more lower tier champs I’ll never use.

Not everyone plays like some of you. This won’t affect you at all, so it’s weird you’re talking about how great it is. This will affect me negatively, it’s just my opinion based on how I play.

Edit: or getting a champ at 5 or 6 and having them already as a lower tier. I sell the old one and can immediately rank up the new one. Waiting to maybe dupe later isn’t the same. There’s literally no reason for me to keep a bunch of 3 and 4* I’ll never use in the hopes that I might eventually dupe them sometime in the future. I’m not sure how some of you aren’t getting this.

Not really. I always sold him at R3. It would take multiple dupes at max sig to equal what I got each time I sold him. At most it's break even at this point, not twice. But how do you replace the satisfaction from selling him? I hated him so much going back to the OP willpower days. 100% zero regrets for selling him repeatedly, and I'd like to still have the option.
    So you got over 24 iso bricks and 550 5* shards but lost out on catalysts? I’m really confused as to why anyone would do this
  • jcwthepunisherjcwthepunisher Posts: 3
    Ebony_Naw said:

mwag2402 said:

What Kabam fail to realise is that not all of us want to play the game the same way. For me, the fun of this game doesn't lie primarily in progressing through the game content and amassing the biggest roster of champions possible; its about putting together what, for me, is the ideal roster of champions. That means keeping the champions I want and getting rid of the ones I don't. I understand that means I will be denied the ability in the future to access certain types of gameplay (depending on the specific champion requirements) and I understand all the arguments being made about the benefits of duping but those are beside the point. I choose to play the game the way I enjoy it, even if that differs from how the majority play. I am now being denied that choice by Kabam. This is a terrible move by them.

So it bothers you to have champs you don't want? How do you deal with 5*s?
    I don't rank them up and I would sell if I could
  • Fletcherc44Fletcherc44 Posts: 10
    Duping my 2-4 star champs is why I am never low on ISO-8 and selling what is why I have 49 million in gold. Do I have 20 4 stars at level 1? Yeah. Do I sometimes need 1 and 2 star champs, also yeah.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Solvseus said:

I’m not talking about duping. I’m talking about opening a new 3 or 4 star crystal and getting a champ you already have at 5 or 6. For me, I’ll never use them. I’d rather sell now and get the rewards. Especially if I’m close to getting a new crystal. A little shy of a 5* crystal, I sell the 4 I just got that I don’t want and can open that 5. I won’t be able to do that anymore, taking me longer to open new higher tier crystals, sticking me with more lower tier champs I’ll never use.

Not everyone plays like some of you. This won’t affect you at all, so it’s weird you’re talking about how great it is. This will affect me negatively, it’s just my opinion based on how I play.

Edit: or getting a champ at 5 or 6 and having them already as a lower tier. I sell the old one and can immediately rank up the new one. Waiting to maybe dupe later isn’t the same. There’s literally no reason for me to keep a bunch of 3 and 4* I’ll never use in the hopes that I might eventually dupe them sometime in the future. I’m not sure how some of you aren’t getting this.

So you got over 24 iso bricks and 550 5* shards but lost out on catalysts? I’m really confused as to why anyone would do this
    The first time I sold him it was in order to fill out my 1st ever 5* crystal. I got Star Lord, which was an amazing pull at the time. I also didn't "lose out" on catalysts. Selling fixit never once stopped me from ranking someone else due to lost catalysts, and I used those catalysts for enjoyment. I enjoy selling Joe Fixit.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

He’s max sig now. I never should have let him stick around that long
  • PinkysegunPinkysegun Posts: 77
    Instead of stopping us from selling champs, give us access to get 1* champ.
    When am 100 shards from getting a 5* crystal i like the ability of selling joe fix it or cyclops to get 5* crystal instead of waiting for next Aq rewards or quest.
    I remember selling my 4* venom a few yrs back only for a spider theme monthly quest to come in a fews days later of which venom was mvp, i regretted it at 1st but resulting 5* gave me a 5* venom which made the quest super easy. Best decision ever.
    Also what will i do with all my expiring 3*,4* awakening gems?