**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Back Issues #7: Arachnid Action

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 2021

Not a fan at all of the R3-R4 gems that can only be used on 2017 or earlier champs! Already at max capacity and don't feel like I have good options for these! They really need to start bumping these up to 2020 or earlier gems!

They are constantly reworking old champs to improve the value of these gems and create new uses for them.

And for everyone grumbling about t2a, glory store changes go live tomorrow and iirc everyone gets a larger amount per buy.
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    phew πŸ˜… this will release one day after my final exam
  • Doctor_Death_123Doctor_Death_123 Posts: 11 β˜…
    edited April 2021
    These rewards need a slight nerfing, like at least some t5 cc fragments for completion and a selector for t5 cc fragments for exploration therefore encouraging summoners to want to fully explore the variant difficulty hence enabling them, especially cavalier players, to further progress and get closer to progressing to the next tier for example- thronebreaker.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

TyEdge said:

Not a fan at all of the R3-R4 gems that can only be used on 2017 or earlier champs! Already at max capacity and don't feel like I have good options for these! They really need to start bumping these up to 2020 or earlier gems!

They are constantly reworking old champs to improve the value of these gems and create new uses for them.
    ah yes. give us rewards that are useless now so we can hope they'll one day have value. I love my rank up stocks
    They’ve reworked something like a dozen champs that you could use these gems on just in the past 8 months, with more confirmed around the corner. If they’re β€œuseless now” it’s because you’re so far along that none of these rewards matter besides t5cc, or you think everything in this game is A-plus top tier or useless.

I’ve 100%ed every variant but v1. The gems are incredibly valuable for filling niches on your roster. I wouldn’t drop 10 t2a on she hulk when I already have 40 maxed 5-stars or 6-star rank 2, but I’ll use that gem and have her as an unstoppable counter if I need one.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

ah yes. give us rewards that are useless now so we can hope they'll one day have value. I love my rank up stocks
    They’ve reworked something like a dozen champs that you could use these gems on just in the past 8 months, with more confirmed around the corner. If they’re β€œuseless now” it’s because you’re so far along that none of these rewards matter besides t5cc, or you think everything in this game is A-plus top tier or useless.

I’ve 100%ed every variant but v1. The gems are incredibly valuable for filling niches on your roster. I wouldn’t drop 10 t2a on she hulk when I already have 40 maxed 5-stars or 6-star rank 2, but I’ll use that gem and have her as an unstoppable counter if I need one.
    This comment. You took the words right out of my mind. Till now, I have ranked up She-hulk, Gwen pool, Falcon, crossbones(pending), Magneto, Hyperion, Yellow jacket, Thor jane foster and Winter soldier. I did not use a single T2A to take them from rank 3 to rank 4. I used the class gems that we got in the earlier variants and the generic ones that we got later to rank them up. I got 3 skill 3 to 4 gems (2016) one and I was pissed. Now, I am glad because skill actually got some of the best reworks. I don't have any of these champs as 6 stars so, its even better that I did not need to use T2A to rank them up. For the difficulty offered by the variants, the rewards are good enough.
  • Mattylo22Mattylo22 Posts: 6 β˜…
    Appreciate the new content. However, I am having a hard time understanding the logic/reason behind excluding t2a from the rewards. Would it be possible the game-team could give us a little insight into the reason for this? Can we expect to see an increase in t2a in the EQ's?

I believe these are the same rewards as V6 (which also surprised me when I saw it had no t2a), and despite my opinion being conjecture as we don't know the nodes, it seems as this will be a more challenging Variant compared to V6. With the class restrictions for each chapter, favorable synergies to deal with difficult nodes go out the window. Either way, appreciate the new content unfortunately it seems it will sit for months on my "to-do" list as the rewards aren't worth the time and pots investment πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ.
  • JahnybravoJahnybravo Posts: 69 β˜…
    TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

I know they aren't completely useless, I just found it funny how you made it sound like we should be happy for these gems cause "they'll increase in value over time" like stocks. Also the complaint isn't that 2017 gems have no use at all, the complaint is that they only have so many uses and to just keep giving more and more of them with no progression to the next year is just going to lead to a bunch of extraneous gems that have made each other useless because they're competing for the same handful of champs. The gems would have just as much use for the niche rank ups and saving on T2A if they had moved it up to 2018. One more year would give a few more options without making it a full on generic, which would be nice.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Haji_Saab said:

I really don’t know how people have excessive t5b and no t2a ... i am completely opposite but I do buy t2a with glory every week though.

I only use my glory on Tier2 alphas and can barely keep up. Have done all other content in game except:
    1 abyss path
    1 path in V6 (becuz I don’t need two more tier5 basics to add to my stash)

In my stash right now
    Tier5 basics - 5
    Tier2 alphas - 2

There’s no incentive for me to finish V6 or start/finish V7.
    Bahubali said:

3->4 Rank up gems in rewards:

Variant 1, Var 2 - ≀2015 Champs
    Var 3, Var 4 - ≀2016 Champs
    Var 5, Var 6 - ≀2017 Champs
    Var 7 - ≀2017 champs???

@Kabam Miike can you please let us know why we are still offered gems only for ≀2017 champs..

There are over 100 champs released on or before 2017 collectively and we have only 21 gems from v1 to v6. Are you telling me you have no use for these gems?
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Bahubali said:

Var 7 - ≀2017 champs???

@Kabam Miike can you please let us know why we are still offered gems only for ≀2017 champs..

ThEy DoNt WaNt uS To RaNK Up BeTtER ChAmPiOnS. Not saying that champs before 2018 are bad, but there are a lot of valuable champs that I would want to rank up after 2017.
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Var 7 - ≀2017 champs???

There are over 100 champs released on or before 2017 collectively and we have only 21 gems from v1 to v6. Are you telling me you have no use for these gems?
    Lol.. Did I say I have no use of those gems?

Let me put it a diff way.. Consider science champs.. if you include 2018 champs.. I would have options to rank CAIW or Void.. or Ghost from tech..Giving more scope for players to rank up..

Considering RNG not everyone has top champs from over 100 Champs released before 2017.. Also, 2018 champs are more relevant to content than 2017(except few like Quake).. like CAIW,Void, HT(2019) for reverse healing..

FYI, out of all those variants, only last 2 offered generic rank up gems. Before that they were crystals..
    Bahubali said:

Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Var 7 - ≀2017 champs???

Let me put it a diff way.. Consider science champs.. if you include 2018 champs.. I would have options to rank CAIW or Void.. or Ghost from tech..Giving more scope for players to rank up..

Considering RNG not everyone has top champs from over 100 Champs released before 2017.. Also, 2018 champs are more relevant to content than 2017(except few like Quake).. like CAIW,Void, HT(2019) for reverse healing..

FYI, out of all those variants, only last 2 offered generic rank up gems. Before that they were crystals..
    Since you did say science,
    2015 - Yellow jacket, Spidergwen, Luke cage
    2016 - Quake, Red hulk, She hulk, Miles(Getting reworked as we speak)
    2017 - Modok(Only science champ of 2017)

That's a lot of options even if RNG screws you over and gives you all science gems.
    Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Var 7 - ≀2017 champs???

That's a lot of options even if RNG screws you over and gives you all science gems.
    Honestly, Me and I assume many players wouldnt rank up YJ, Modok or LC over CAIW or Void.. if given an option..

Redhulk and She Hulk are good options, 2018 would also give Ghulk.. Quake needs some real skill to play, not an option for everyone..

I dont understand why cant players be offered 2018 gems.. even following the pattern of Variant gems(for yr cutoff).. that too in 2021.. Come on..
    FYI, 2018 gives one of top 5 champs in each class

Tech - Ghost
    Cosmic - Corvus
    Skill - Aegon
    Mystic - SS
    Mutant - Omega Red
    Science - CAIW
    Bahubali said:

Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Var 7 - ≀2017 champs???

Honestly, Me and I assume many players wouldnt rank up YJ, Modok or LC over CAIW or Void.. if given an option..

Redhulk and She Hulk are good options, 2018 would also give Ghulk.. Quake needs some real skill to play, not an option for everyone..

I dont understand why cant players be offered 2018 gems.. even following the pattern of Variant gems(for yr cutoff).. that too in 2021.. Come on..
    We are talking about developing rosters, I would not rank up using cats because I have better use for them. But, for developing rosters, these are good options. Variants are not end game content.
    Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Var 7 - ≀2017 champs???

We are talking about developing rosters, I would not rank up using cats because I have better use for them. But, for developing rosters, these are good options. Variants are not end game content.
    I agree that they are not end game content..but considering the number of champs released post 2017 and the resources available.. making them 2018 gems will help with
    1. More options(2015-2018) champs
    2. Resources investment in post 2018 5* champs or in R2 worthy 6* champs(if any)

as you see the rewards doesnt offer T2A, the resources can be managed in better way, giving players more options..
    Bahubali said:

Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Var 7 - ≀2017 champs???

I agree that they are not end game content..but considering the number of champs released post 2017 and the resources available.. making them 2018 gems will help with
    2. Resources investment in post 2018 5* champs or in R2 worthy 6* champs(if any)

as you see the rewards doesnt offer T2A, the resources can be managed in better way, giving players more options..
    What you are saying is you prefer to invest in top tier champs only. But, all the champs I mentioned are very useful, may be not the best option for that class(except quake), but they are still good. Don't forget
    Mutant - Magneto, Colossus, AA, Iceman
    Skill - Falcon, Crossbones, Kingpin, Blade, BP(Getting rework)
    Science - Quake, Red hulk, She hulk, Miles(Rework)
    Tech - HB, HTD, Doc oc, Stark spidey,
    Cosmic - Venom, Hyperion, Medusa, Angela
    Mystic - Magik, Dr.Voodoo, GR, Morningstar.
    I would spend T2A on all of these champs. The fact that we don't need to because of the <2017 gem is awesome. This could also be a push to make older champions more relevant in the game.
    Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Var 7 - ≀2017 champs???

What you are saying is you prefer to invest in top tier champs only. But, all the champs I mentioned are very useful, may be not the best option for that class(except quake), but they are still good. Don't forget
    I would spend T2A on all of these champs. The fact that we don't need to because of the
    Dude.. I never said I will rank up only 2018 champs.. you are missing my point here..

My point is adding 2018 would give players more options.. I would rank up She Hulk anyday.. If I have an option of ranking up CAIW, then based on my progression level and content I wanted to complete.. I can decide whether to use gem on She Hulk or CAIW.. its all about additional options..
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Bahubali said:

Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Pulyaman said:

Bahubali said:

Var 7 - ≀2017 champs???

I would spend T2A on all of these champs. The fact that we don't need to because of the
    Dude.. I never said I will rank up only 2018 champs.. you are missing my point here..

My point is adding 2018 would give players more options.. I would rank up She Hulk anyday.. If I have an option of ranking up CAIW, then based on my progression level and content I wanted to complete.. I can decide whether to use gem on She Hulk or CAIW.. its all about additional options..
    That's the point. With variant rank-up gems, most progressing players can rank-up both pre-2017 champions and 2018-present champs too, one with the rank-up gem and the other with materials.