**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I learned an Important Lesson

HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
The lesson I learned today is never bring Guardian to Fight Havok. I realized that I couldn’t use my SP2 otherwise my armor would be gone and long story short

Comments

• Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Jcobra25 said:

SWORD78 said:

The lesson I learned today is never bring Guardian to Fight Havok. I realized that I couldn’t use my SP2 otherwise my armor would be gone and long story short

Ever heard of heavy attacks? Might want to try that next time before you make a post like this lol
    I was doing Heavy Attacks but couldn’t do the timing right so they would keep expiring
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,188 ★★★★★
    Wait to u figth a YJ with guardian. That wil be long. Because of YJ energy resistance
  • Options
    Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★
    When you build up your charges before throwing sp2 just use heavy attack to get another armor up and then throw sp2...he is best counter to havok...!!!
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

When you build up your charges before throwing sp2 just use heavy attack to get another armor up and then throw sp2...he is best counter to havok...!!!

He's not the best, since Havok has massive energy resistance. Warlock is the best havok counter in my view, since he is pretty much designed to counter him. Power drain on non-contact hits through block means Havok barely ever goes above even 3 of his charges, so never gets a chance to apply his debuffs on you. Even with crumbling armour, which can screw up some havok counters doesn't matter, since you never get any of his debuffs on you to detonate. Just do 4 hit combos, then block immediately to stop him using his Sp1, then bait out his sp2.

Colossus is the second best option, but if you like him, he's arguably as good as Warlock
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★

He's not the best, since Havok has massive energy resistance. Warlock is the best havok counter in my view, since he is pretty much designed to counter him. Power drain on non-contact hits through block means Havok barely ever goes above even 3 of his charges, so never gets a chance to apply his debuffs on you. Even with crumbling armour, which can screw up some havok counters doesn't matter, since you never get any of his debuffs on you to detonate. Just do 4 hit combos, then block immediately to stop him using his Sp1, then bait out his sp2.

Colossus is the second best option, but if you like him, he's arguably as good as Warlock
    LOL, not even close. Guardian is the best by a mile. I love taking Havok's nasty SP2 right to the shield, does zero damage and gains power. Very satisfying.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Xguard77 said:

LOL, not even close. Guardian is the best by a mile. I love taking Havok's nasty SP2 right to the shield, does zero damage and gains power. Very satisfying.
    Warlock is quicker, safer and better. You know another way to take 0 damage on Havok's Sp2? Evade it. Guardian does all energy damage, even his "crit" shocks are energy. Havok has 2000 energy resistance, about halving guardians damage, that doesn't sound better to me. Warlock is literally designed to counter havok

What is one reason Guardian is better for Havok than Warlock?
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I am not sure who is best, but I am more confident with Warlock. I have a r2 Guardian, 140 sig, and works for sure. I like using him against Domino.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Colossus and Warlock are the best Havok counters by far. Colossus is a massive whose armor straight up cannot be removed against Havok (unless there is some fistcuffs node which I have never seen on a Havok) and getting the debuffs on you means free massive healing.

Warlock's use has been explained above.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Guardian works l, but make sure you have enough charges to nuke him on the sp2. I threw an SP2 with only 6 charges in AW and havok had 1% left and it was the armor break node so it was instant death.

Detonation kicked in and took me out before I could even hit into his block to finish him off. He's actually a good counter for mixmaster Havok as he can parry him consistently. All other Havok's are better using someone like warlock or colossus though.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Guardian can counter Havok as long as he can keep his armor. Before firing SP2, parry-heavy and fire away.

Colossus is a great counter in case the nodes remove the one armor buff that Guardian has because it takes Guardian a while to get the armor back and cannot power drain opponent without his charges.

G2099 is another great champ against Havok because of power drain on SP1 and the armor she has.

I dont have warlock, so cannot say, but my alliance mates usually die while using warlock against havok in war (on certain nodes)