**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ compensation [Merged Threads]

Comments

• SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

I just don’t get the point that you would have gotten more if you did normal AQ.
    Ummmm...ok? You didn't. You literally did nothing.
    Kabam run special events from time to time (boss rush, champion challenge). They also offer rewards but aren't run all the time. Do we go crying to Kabam saying that we would have gotten more reward if ran it? Do we ask for compensation on those? No because we didn't anything.

No, but we do ask compensation for hundreds of bugs here and there (persistent charges missing frequently this month causing us resources and for some, money), compensation we never get, and here s the one chance they can say "we re sorry and we value your efforts and understanding" and they blow it. Again.
    I fail to see how persistent charges are costing you resources. NF is the only one who most people are using and it's easily fixed if you're paying attention. If you see the charges are missing, don't start the fight. Restart the game until they come back and they will. It's only costing you because you aren't paying attention.
    Restart doesnt always work, and there s plenty of champs that have pers charges. Most people is not everyone also.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    I'd say BS compensation but afterall we didn't do anything to get what's actually free stuff. Poor but still free and it was enough to get the weekly dose of free T5CC
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Searmenis said:

I just don’t get the point that you would have gotten more if you did normal AQ.
    Kabam run special events from time to time (boss rush, champion challenge). They also offer rewards but aren't run all the time. Do we go crying to Kabam saying that we would have gotten more reward if ran it? Do we ask for compensation on those? No because we didn't anything.

No, but we do ask compensation for hundreds of bugs here and there (persistent charges missing frequently this month causing us resources and for some, money), compensation we never get, and here s the one chance they can say "we re sorry and we value your efforts and understanding" and they blow it. Again.
    If you're grading the AQ compensation based on the belief that Kabam owes you a debt and is deliberately ignoring an opportunity to settle up with you, nothing reasonable will be satisfactory. If I told you something you did was a complete failure because of all the other times you failed to live up to my expectations and you should be taking every opportunity to make it up to me, I suspect you would not take that feedback seriously. Nor would anyone else.

Hahaha it is pretty funny. This game is crazy addictive. So addictive that I’d bet when you look back someday in the future, you’ll be mad at how it programmed you into an addict for it. It uses psychological manipulation with mini reward patterns to pull you into a world of wasted time. What do you think these 4 hour crystals, years using linked nodes, and punishing the whole ally team if one person doesn’t log in every couple hours? It’s patented tech to make you addicted. log in or let your ally team down. It never has promoted a healthy balance. They want addicts. So yeah I want to quit but it takes a while to rewire the habits of the brain.

The last time I played a single game as much as I now do MCOC, I put about 12000 hours into eight years of game play, and I still look back on that game fondly. I still occasionally discuss that game with others who used to play it, I made interesting contacts in the game development community, I got the opportunity to do some contract game development of integrated reward systems, and it still informs my understanding of how modern games work today. Plus it was all kinds of fun. I regret nothing.

I suspect I'll look back on MCOC similarly, because I play it similarly. I play it like it is a game, I play it with people I want to play with, and I never let the chase for rewards interfere with my enjoyment of the game. The game may make the rules, but you decide how you choose to play the game. I've been an alliance leader for years. I encourage people to participate. I do not force people to log in "every couple hours." I don't force them to grind constantly. I try to create a safe space to enjoy the game, and while I'm nowhere near perfect in doing that, I don't want and do not ask for addicts. And I don't believe anyone in my alliance is. If MCOC is as highly addictive as you claim, we've been exceptionally fortunate. I don't think 30 people could simultaneously avoid becoming addicted to heroin after being exposed to it for years.

And if your opinion was correct that they want to addict us, then why, as you seem to acknowledge, did they remove so many links from AQ and AW? Why is Kabam so good at inventing addictive technology and so bad at using it properly? Why are so few players spenders, and why does the game have any turnover at all? How can the game be so addicting, and yet actually addict so few people?

There's a difference between being psychologically addicted to something, and just doing it wrong. Every bad habit and bad behavior is not an addiction. True addition require significant focused effort to treat. You don't just sit at home and "rewrite your brain" any more than you can sit at home and rewire your kidneys to no longer require dialysis.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

I fail to see how persistent charges are costing you resources. NF is the only one who most people are using and it's easily fixed if you're paying attention. If you see the charges are missing, don't start the fight. Restart the game until they come back and they will. It's only costing you because you aren't paying attention.
    Restart doesnt always work, and there s plenty of champs that have pers charges. Most people is not everyone also.
    You have to keep restarting. It's the only work around. NF is the only one that's effected in that he loses abilities out of everyone with persistent charges. Mephisto is another where it effects his abilities but very few people are actually using him compared to NF. Most of the rest of the persistent charge champions don't have their abilities altered because they are missing. CG still gets his missions, Apoc still gets his, HT can still activate pre-fight along with white mags etc..

There was a post the other day taht showed that The Champion actually benefits from the bug. Again, if you are costing yourself resources, that's on you. This bug is frustrating and it sucks it's in the game but its not as impactful as you make out to be.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

How exactly did they blow it? For the little amount of time AQ was running, we received those Rewards.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

How exactly did they blow it? For the little amount of time AQ was running, we received those Rewards.
    the majority amount of people that run AQ run Map 5+ from what I've found. Anyone that runs at least map 5 gets what they gave us for compensation, plus about 3,500 glory every week. it would've just been so much better to give us the individual rewards for what we usually earn rather than everyone gets the same.
  • TalharajpootTalharajpoot Posts: 381 ★★

I didn’t get AQ compensation. I quit my alliance yesterday after the message that it’s ok to switch. I quit because everything in this game is broken. I even spent tickets on map 6, but no refund, no comp, nothing. Why is everything wrong with the game right now?

I think it's not Kabam fault it is a fault of hackers ,cheaters that are playing game in not good manners and cheating with honest players
  • TalharajpootTalharajpoot Posts: 381 ★★

Hi there, the compensation is for any Summoner in an Alliance. If you are not currently in one, you would not have received it. However, if you join another Alliance, you should receive it.

@Kabam Miike thanks for compensation we understand because of hackers gameplay is becoming laggy and bugs are coming but you people are doing great job you ban players permanently that is very good .we love Kabam ,we love mcoc

You are comparing the brain to kidneys? Irrelevant. Look up neuroplasticity.

You are using scarecrow tactics. You are making it seem like I said things but I didn’t. I never said all players are addicted. I never said video games can’t be part of a healthy balance.
    I never said that every player who plays a lot is wasting there time. I never said the game is 100% effective at making all their players addicted. Don’t push your ill represented over-generalizations towards me.

Why are they removing link nodes? Because they have new analysis that says they are losing more profitable customers than they are trapping with them. How people get data changes. Or maybe they have a more benevolent leader who felt the links were too dirty. It could be some other reason. I don’t claim absolute knowledge. But I’m 99.9% sure that they create patterns and scenarios to make it so people feel like they really need this game many times throughout ever day. Reality check for yourself like you could go 3 days without it, lmao

Did you ever skim through all the legal patents they created for this game? Yeah check all those those out.

1. You mean strawman, not scarecrow.

2. If you want to have a discussion about neuroscience, psychology, game theory, or patent law, I'm game. I am conversant on all of them.

3. In fact, I've read all of the legal patents owned by Kabam in their entirety. None of them were created for this game. If you want to have a discussion about those as well, I'm also game for that, as I've addressed those before multiple times here and on the Reddit. While neuroscience is something I have a passing familiarity with, patent law is something I have more of a professional familiarity with, having worked for patent attorneys on patent submissions in the past and having worked with clients on areas of information technology related to technology patent protection. So by all means, please select your topic and your particular area of interest.

4. Actually, I do in fact take breaks from the game. In fact I have a general rule that absent some very important discussions of immediate impact to the game (critical bugs, etc) I don't even read the forums after a certain time of day, and almost never on the weekends unless I'm working at my computer and have a spare minute. And I reduce my game play to the bare minimum when I take vacations, basically to move in AQ and/or AW and that's it. No arena grinding, no quest running, only what I need to do to not leave my alliance hanging. You could argue that minimum amount of gameplay is itself proof of addiction, in which case I would contend that I'm also addicted to work, as I'm an on-call professional that must be reachable 7x24, and the fact that I don't disconnect from cell service means I'm addicted to professional responsibility. But that would be ludicrous.

5. Its convenient that everything they do that is addictive is because they want to addict players, and everything they do that removes addictive features is because they are losing too many players. When every possible fact automatically fits the narrative, and the negative of every possible fact equally fits the same narrative, that's usually a sign the narrative is wrong.

6. So when you said "This game is crazy addictive. So addictive that I’d bet when you look back someday in the future, you’ll be mad at how it programmed you into an addict for it" you either meant just one particular you and not necessarily anyone else, or you meant you like making bets you expect to lose? It is ironic you're accusing me of implying you said things you didn't say, by implying I said things I didn't say. And not the Alanis kind of irony, but the real kind.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

the majority amount of people that run AQ run Map 5+ from what I've found. Anyone that runs at least map 5 gets what they gave us for compensation, plus about 3,500 glory every week. it would've just been so much better to give us the individual rewards for what we usually earn rather than everyone gets the same.
    For a WEEK. We didn't run a week.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    DNA3000 said:

I'm sorry, but the first word that comes to mind is lazy... Instead of actually compensating differently for each level, they just send out a blanket "one size fits all" comp. Leaving some overcompensated and others under compensated. I'm frankly shocked that amidst all the dissatisfaction that's circulating among the players concerning bugs and game performance, they'd actually roll this out and expect anything, but more dissatisfaction.

On the one hand, I never expect anything but dissatisfaction. On the other hand, this is not the first time Kabam has handed out blanket universal compensation, or something similar. Sometimes players appreciate it, and sometimes they complain it is unfair. Or more to the point, sometimes the forums are dominated by the players that appreciate the compensation, and sometimes the forums are dominated by the players that focus on the apparent fairness of the compensation. I wouldn't say there's any consistency to the reaction, except that it is always unpredictable.

People were generally happy about the time off, implying that the actual effort and resources spent on AQ was an actual cost and not a triviality. But now some are saying that even though that effort and resources were not spent, the players deserve the same rewards they would have received without spending it. That's not something logically predictable. Sometimes players want that, sometimes they think that's unreasonable.

To me, I can understand the idea of the opportunity cost associated with canceled AQ. But I do not believe opportunity costs are something players deserve compensation for. The game doesn't owe us an AQ week. If that were true, then if Kabam decided to discontinue the AQ game mode they would be required to keep handing out AQ reward forever for free, because the players are still owed AQ rewards. That's obviously not true. AQ is an opportunity to earn rewards through gameplay, but the players aren't owed that opportunity until they have invested in it. When players actually have a real investment in that content, then there's something to compensate for.

So when an AQ week is canceled in the middle, players have now invested in that AQ week. They've spent time and resources into it, and those cannot be trivially returned to the player. If AQ is canceled then, it isn't the opportunity cost that is being compensated for, it is that player investment that is being compensated for. And keeping in mind that there's no such thing as perfect compensation, it is at that point that the notion of giving players compensation comparable to what they would have earned during that week starts to make sense. We can' predict what would have happened in that week, so even prorating compensation for the number of days played wouldn't be necessarily right. Compensation for the entire week isn't done because players deserve a whole weeks rewards for a couple days AQ, but rather because it is the best approximation that can be done in a reasonable amount of time.

In this case, however, player investment into AQ was very minimal. There wasn't enough time to really delve deeply into AQ before it was obvious the whole thing was broken. In this case Kabam decided to treat AQ as if it never happened as a reasonable approximation to what did happen. People can reasonably disagree, but no one can reasonably say this was an unreasonable decision. It is a reasonable option given the circumstances. In that case, compensation is being handed out for the inconvenience, not for the opportunity cost of the lost AQ week. Given that, Kabam decided not to spent time attempting to calculate proportional compensation for all players. Instead they just handed out something designed to be big enough to compensate everyone at least enough to cover the inconvenience and starting costs for that AQ day. It is not perfect, it is not what everyone wants, but I don't think it is outside the realm of what a reasonable person might consider to be fair.

Separately, there are people who are saying Kabam was "lazy" and since this was "their fault" they should spend whatever time and resources are necessary to get compensation "right." But this is a faulty line of thinking that keeps coming up. There's this weird presumption that Kabam should "pay" for mistakes rather than "the players." This is impossible. Kabam cannot ever "pay" for mistakes. *We* always pay for all mistakes, because we're the only ones paying for anything.

Kabam employees work for money. They get paid cash. They get the same amount cash every day, regardless of what's happening in the game. In return they have a finite number of hours to spend on the game. That's what we players get: we get their time. Every hour we ask them to spend on creating a complex compensation scheme is an hour that we are losing on content and game development. We cannot ask them to spend the same amount of time on game support and take money out of their pockets and spend it on compensation. It simply doesn't work that way. Kabam doesn't spend their money on compensation. Kabam doesn't give us anything out of their pockets. Kabam spends time. Our time. They are going to spend our time on compensation. *We* lose that time, not them. You can't punish Kabam for a game bug by demanding they spend time to fix it, because that is *our* time, not theirs. They are going to spend that time no matter what. The only question is, on what.

I understand the desire to say if someone makes a mistake they should pay for that mistake and no one else. In this case, however, that is simply impossible. Any attempt to do so only punishes players more, just in a less visible way.
    I agree, in part. However, where we begin to part ways is the matter of what Kabam decides to do with their limited time. To say that their time is finite is to imply that the amount of "time" they do have is beyond their control. I respectfully disagree here. Their collective time is only limited by the amount of staff they decide to employ. Which is their choice and very much under their control. As the client, it's not my concern how they spend this time. Or what amount of resources they decide to devote to which category.. and when.

As a service provider myself, I decide what amount of time or staffing is required to operate my business at a level that I feel provides the quality of service I wish to be known for. I would never tell a client that they have to pick and choose which part of my service they wish to have executed properly. Because my time is limited. "So, would you like your stairs to be built to code or would you like the front door to lock securely? I have enough time to make one of those happen..." 🙂 It's not their concern *how* I execute the service I provide. They just want to have a good experience. If so, they will remain clients and even refer new ones to me. If not, they will choose a different provider and move on.

I have no idea how much time it adds to issue tiered comp vs blanket comp. I'm not in the video game business. I guess we are just viewing things differently. I never really viewed issuing a more comprehensive, tiered comp as "paying for a mistake". It just seemed like a reasonable response to the situation from my view point.
    And I think a few others as well.

Honestly, I think it's more about folks having a negative reaction to the attorney-like posture that the company often takes. From our view point (which is often based on feeling and not fact), it really does feel like the amount of time and energy they put into deliberation process, in an effort to avoid "over compensation", could have just been spent on sending out last week's rewards instead. Though, I will acknowledge that compensation is a slippery slope. Once a precedent is set, the community remembers and expects it. So I can also see *why* the attorney-like posture is taken sometimes tbf. 🙂

As a service provider myself, I decide what amount of time or staffing is required to operate my business at a level that I feel provides the quality of service I wish to be known for. I would never tell a client that they have to pick and choose which part of my service they wish to have executed properly. Because my time is limited. "So, would you like your stairs to be built to code or would you like the front door to lock securely? I have enough time to make one of those happen..." 🙂 It's not their concern *how* I execute the service I provide. They just want to have a good experience. If so, they will remain clients and even refer new ones to me. If not, they will choose a different provider and move on.

That's true, and as an operator of a service provider myself, I agree in principle. But those are global decisions, not local ones. I have the responsibility to deliver the best possible service. And if I represent that service as being something, I have the sole responsibility to obtain the resources necessary to deliver it, with some margin for error on top of that. That's absolutely true with no qualifications.

But when something unexpected happens, I'm often required to triage. A client can tell me they shouldn't have to make triage decisions because it is my responsibility to just make everything magically happen. But I don't keep staff sitting around waiting for catastrophies, nor can I hire someone to resolve such a thing when it happens. Neither of those is practical. If your suppliers fail on you, it is still ultimately your responsibility to the customer, right? But you may be forced to tell them they can have it the way they originally wanted but there will be a substantial delay, or they can work with you to change what they want in order to get something acceptable within their deadlines. Sometimes that's the best that can be done. Clients can't always have exactly what they want, exactly when they want, because in the real world those kinds of promises aren't always possible.

So if you want to say such issues should be prevented from happening in general, or reduced to a much smaller degree, and if Kabam doesn't have the resources to do that, they should get more resources, I agree. I'm still having crashouts in AQ and AW, for example, and that's annoying. Although as a wholly owned subsidiary of Netmarble, human resource decisions may not be entirely in their hands. But in terms of the local decision to manage the fault after it happens and to determine how much effort should be spent trying to un-ring that bell, they have to use what they have now.

You are comparing the brain to kidneys? Irrelevant. Look up neuroplasticity.

You are using scarecrow tactics. You are making it seem like I said things but I didn’t. I never said all players are addicted. I never said video games can’t be part of a healthy balance.
    I never said that every player who plays a lot is wasting there time. I never said the game is 100% effective at making all their players addicted. Don’t push your ill represented over-generalizations towards me.

Why are they removing link nodes? Because they have new analysis that says they are losing more profitable customers than they are trapping with them. How people get data changes. Or maybe they have a more benevolent leader who felt the links were too dirty. It could be some other reason. I don’t claim absolute knowledge. But I’m 99.9% sure that they create patterns and scenarios to make it so people feel like they really need this game many times throughout ever day. Reality check for yourself like you could go 3 days without it, lmao

Did you ever skim through all the legal patents they created for this game? Yeah check all those those out.

Oh god the patents. Haven't heard about those in a while. Prof Hoff put out another video?
    I hope not. That would be two weekends in a row where my inner peace was disrupted by having to respond to scarecrow tactics.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Searmenis said:

How can they compensate you for a bug that's not even been fixed yet?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

So my ally usually does Map 4 only, nothing above it
    We get about 1.7-2k glory each week
    This week's compensation is wayy too good to be true
    The question is,can we actually use the glory and crystal or is it a bug by the team?

It's not a bug. You can go ahead and use it.
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    My Alli members have received AQ compensation and I haven't. I left Alli yesterday. But it was stated by Kabam that we are free to switch alliances and it will not affect the compensation.
    Please look into the problem.

Thank you for your time
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 898 ★★★
    Everyone got the same compensation because nobody did anything to 'earn' it.
    So some people have gained loads more, others have gained alot less.
    Enjoy it and spend wisely! :)
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

That's true, and as an operator of a service provider myself, I agree in principle. But those are global decisions, not local ones. I have the responsibility to deliver the best possible service. And if I represent that service as being something, I have the sole responsibility to obtain the resources necessary to deliver it, with some margin for error on top of that. That's absolutely true with no qualifications.

But when something unexpected happens, I'm often required to triage. A client can tell me they shouldn't have to make triage decisions because it is my responsibility to just make everything magically happen. But I don't keep staff sitting around waiting for catastrophies, nor can I hire someone to resolve such a thing when it happens. Neither of those is practical. If your suppliers fail on you, it is still ultimately your responsibility to the customer, right? But you may be forced to tell them they can have it the way they originally wanted but there will be a substantial delay, or they can work with you to change what they want in order to get something acceptable within their deadlines. Sometimes that's the best that can be done. Clients can't always have exactly what they want, exactly when they want, because in the real world those kinds of promises aren't always possible.

So if you want to say such issues should be prevented from happening in general, or reduced to a much smaller degree, and if Kabam doesn't have the resources to do that, they should get more resources, I agree. I'm still having crashouts in AQ and AW, for example, and that's annoying. Although as a wholly owned subsidiary of Netmarble, human resource decisions may not be entirely in their hands. But in terms of the local decision to manage the fault after it happens and to determine how much effort should be spent trying to un-ring that bell, they have to use what they have now.
    For sure. And yeah, and officer of mine had 2-3 disconnects in one war. His phone just about paid the ultimate price after the last one, but he said he managed to resist the urge. 😂

I just think this stuff wears on people over time. And, there's no way the community team or the game team didn't see this coming. The backlash. And I don't mean from a "yeah, well.. the player base is always mad about something.." perspective. Even though, in part it's true. I think they are smart enough to understand the reason for the frustration. They had to know that any alliance that earns map 5 or higher rewards would be looking around and seeing beginner alliances getting the same comp. And that there would be backlash. In fact, an alliance mate of mine said.. "Wow, my 9 year old got the same comp.." (not in a positive tone - he missed map 7 rewards this week). Whether they had unspoken valid reasons for releasing what they did, they had to know the optics would not be good.

And I think for me, it's a cummulative effect. It's not just this particular choice that Kabam made for one size fits all. It's many many one size fits all decisions over time that I have seen that all add up to resentment on my part. I frankly think there are many things in this game that should be tiered. From rewards to alliance/solo events, to comp and even free gifts.

The classic example I use is... Player A normally earns resource X over the course of playing for 2 months. Player B earns this same resource over the course of 2 weeks of playing. If they are both given resource X as comp, Player A has literally received an item 4x more valuable. Not slightly more valuable, but 4x. Which is why tiered comp/rewards/gifts are so important imo. That being said, they have made some movement in this direction in the past year or so. And it's appreciated, but I think there is still some room for improvement.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Tempted to burn it on T1A to take either one of Doom, Corvus or Human Torch to rank 4.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021

All that stuff and you didn't have to do anything to get it. You put zero effort in. Just take it and go.

I never said not to work bro. My ally actually enjoys map 6 at epic mods and aq rewards are our bread and butter. That's why this Free stuff is not actually free stuff. That's why I guess most people are disappointed. Tho aggressive approach to this compensation is wrong but the reasons is valid.
    My ally easily without much item use scores like 400m plus. We wait for thee rewards to rank our champs or buy other stuffs. Such kind of rewards kills the mood. If we had to choice we would love to do Aq myself and get the rewards. But this Aq wasn't players fault. We missed cuz of technical issue. At least people deserves what they got last time. Seriously more than 2/3 of Ally members just logged in for calender this week since Aq was off. Playing Aq is fun . So compensation was really not compensating at all
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Why put such a title, that do not reflect your post?

No, the compensation is awesome and equal for all players that did not do anything this week.
    The only answer should be : thank you very much Kabam!
  • 7h3wh173r488177h3wh173r48817 Posts: 20
    DNA3000 said:

I'm sorry, but the first word that comes to mind is lazy... Instead of actually compensating differently for each level, they just send out a blanket "one size fits all" comp. Leaving some overcompensated and others under compensated. I'm frankly shocked that amidst all the dissatisfaction that's circulating among the players concerning bugs and game performance, they'd actually roll this out and expect anything, but more dissatisfaction.

To me, I can understand the idea of the opportunity cost associated with canceled AQ. But I do not believe opportunity costs are something players deserve compensation for. The game doesn't owe us an AQ week. If that were true, then if Kabam decided to discontinue the AQ game mode they would be required to keep handing out AQ reward forever for free, because the players are still owed AQ rewards. That's obviously not true. AQ is an opportunity to earn rewards through gameplay, but the players aren't owed that opportunity until they have invested in it. When players actually have a real investment in that content, then there's something to compensate for.
    I do not have a clear stance on the compensation package, I can see the points both sides are making. The idea that they do not owe us AQ however I do disagree with, by announcing an AQ season they are implicitly promising us regular AQ until the end of said season. If they decide to end the season as well as AQ they would not owe us anything, but while a season is going on most summoners expect AQ to go on as normal which is understandable.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Pizzabeat said:

They explicitly and swiftly told us there wouldn’t be any rewards for this series once AQ was cancelled.

So why’s everyone surprised?

Thanks for the week off and free stuff Kabam 🙏

Totally agree with you.
    Players should stop to complain too easily and enjoy this compensation and the free time (or the time to do anything else on the game).
    Thank you Kabam for the equal and good compensation!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Tbonne said:

Hi everybody, thank you for the feedback.

A little insight:

This is a universal package that was delivered to all Summoners in an Alliance, and was our way of apologizing for the issues that we had last weekend that caused us not to have AQ for this series. I see a lot of people referencing previous compensation packages for AQ that are based on the previous series performance but aren't taking into account that those are usually given when there is an issue partway through the series or causes Alliances to put in as much effort as they usually do and not be able to perform as well as they should.

Historically, if there is a series of AQ that is skipped, but is planned, there is no compensation because nobody has to play that week. In this case, there was no series but it was unplanned, so we decided that we would like to give a gift to all players as our way of saying sorry for the issues and thanks for your patience. This is not the same situation as we mentioned before, and the packages are not the same as the kind of packages we would give if Players had been giving their all but were unable to perform as well as they would if there were issues.

But once again, thank you for your feedback. We will keep it in mind when deciding on how to deal with future instances like this.

This is no any way any compensation for anyone that runs map6 and above . It should of been a copy of the aq rewards from the week before
    Thanks f
    A copy of the AQ rewards that people spend resources for tickets, as well as potions and a week's work to obtain for nothing? No, I don't think that was the required compensation. Plus there are other problems with your solution. Let's say last week you had someone quit in the middle of AQ and you got lower rewards than you do every other time. Everyone else gets their customary rewards but you get screwed two weeks in a row. Or let's say you ran a higher map for the first time ever and it cost you lots of items but you got through it. Should you get that for free because there was no AQ?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    _I_ said:

Want to see the miser's face who thought this is compensation even. This is an insult. And those "grateful ones" Who are telling thanks either u guys run map2 and so u feel this is enough or u really tested out that licking kabam gives better crystal pulls so to get ur desired champs ur sucking their u know what...

Not only the glory is far less , where are those two boosts 10% and 20% respectively? Is it our faults that we should miss those out? Morons.

I run 7x5 for top 90. The compensation we got was far less than what we would have earned. I'm OK with getting what we got for no tickets and no effort. It's one week. It'll be OK. Also anyone who disagrees with you is a moron licking Kabam? lmao