**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Section 2 AQ map 7 links are now worse....

GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
Why would you possibly add links from every single path to the mini boss? You do realize people play this game from all over the world together right?

You just made managing time zones a nightmare. I swear there’s no one from kabam that actually plays this game or thinks these actions through.

Comments

• GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    Jaded said:

Have you even tried it yet?

I planned it yes. Did you think about it? Europeans are usually asleep after section 1. In the current map, you can assign them to lanes that won’t link to the mini in 2nd section.

Now with every single lane linking to the 2nd mini, the whole group needs to wait to kill the 2nd mini and move into section 3.

Now all the US players will have to sleep in section 2 and wait for the European players. If they don’t have correct counters for the minis, more waiting.

There’s was ZERO reason to link all section 2 lanes to the mini. It was a completely lazy change that doesn’t take into account time zones in the middle of the AQ day.
  • GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★

Grub said:

Jaded said:

I planned it yes. Did you think about it? Europeans are usually asleep after section 1. In the current map, you can assign them to lanes that won’t link to the mini in 2nd section.

Now with every single lane linking to the 2nd mini, the whole group needs to wait to kill the 2nd mini and move into section 3.

Now all the US players will have to sleep in section 2 and wait for the European players. If they don’t have correct counters for the minis, more waiting.

There’s was ZERO reason to link all section 2 lanes to the mini. It was a completely lazy change that doesn’t take into account time zones in the middle of the AQ day.
    the reasoning you're using is that people in your alliance go to sleep and don't take out the nodes to the miniboss and some don't have counters for the minis. if so, then why play map 7?
    Can you do critical thinking? I said EUROPEAN players will sleep after section 1.

The current section 2 has 3 links to minis that can be dropped by any number of people on various paths.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

So what if the links cause a time delay in getting through section 2. If you have international folks, then make sure they have the counters for the second mini. Have the US/Canada folks complete their section 2 path then go to bed. You'll wake up with section 3 open and everyone can clear with plenty of time to spare. No need to whine about it.

This legitimately how it’s been working for mix timezone battlegroups. Op is just whining, even if it causes a problem in an alliance it should be easily solved.
    With the previous map, you didn't need international folks to clear second mini. I'm just saying the timing to clear him now changes for those with multiple international folks. But yes, it's not a big deal and not worth whining about.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Grub said:

Jaded said:

the reasoning you're using is that people in your alliance go to sleep and don't take out the nodes to the miniboss and some don't have counters for the minis. if so, then why play map 7?
    Our own alliance has the same thing. Euro players do paths 1-3 and 6-9 in section 2 because they have no link to the boss. We've only ever boss rushed one week, but this will definitely affect us. My solution would be to make a few less steps in section 1 so the Euro players can hit their nodes in section 2 (which seem to be early in the path) before going to sleep. But like you, I'd hold feedback until doing it. You know, so that it's actually based on experience as opposed to conjecture
    This is exactly why boss rushing is primarily in section 1, get through that section as soon as you can and hope international folks can take out that early link. If you do full explore, then you may have to wait, but again, that means the international folks should be responsible for the second mini
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

Grub said:

Jaded said:

Our own alliance has the same thing. Euro players do paths 1-3 and 6-9 in section 2 because they have no link to the boss. We've only ever boss rushed one week, but this will definitely affect us. My solution would be to make a few less steps in section 1 so the Euro players can hit their nodes in section 2 (which seem to be early in the path) before going to sleep. But like you, I'd hold feedback until doing it. You know, so that it's actually based on experience as opposed to conjecture
    This is exactly why boss rushing is primarily in section 1, get through that section as soon as you can and hope international folks can take out that early link. If you do full explore, then you may have to wait, but again, that means the international folks should be responsible for the second mini
    Idk, our 2nd section lanes are cleared around 11pm my time. I’m still available for taking the mini down at those times. I don’t see this changing with the new links.

If you're in the top 10 AQ alliance, there's zero reason you should be worried. My alliance explores the whole map for map 7 and we have both US and European players. Before the changes w were regularly clearing the whole map with 6 or so hours to go.

Having links on all paths shouldn't hurt anyone except for those that boss rushed. I think you need to actually try the changes before you make such a big deal about them.

It's not hurting us and we're boss rushing. We just had to adjust and make the international players be responsible for the second mini. We might not clear as fast as before, but we'll still clear with hours to spare
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

Crazy. Those links really held us up. Going to finish with 5 hrs remaining and not 6.

Crazy. Those links really held us up. Going to finish with 5 hrs remaining and not 6.

Don’t worry, OP won’t come on here and say he was wrong.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Nah OP will disprove this cuz it's not a top 10 ally (probably).

Jaded said:

Nah OP will disprove this cuz it's not a top 10 ally (probably).

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

That would be a forum first lol
    Ebony_Naw said:

Yeah the change is overall a huge QOL benefit to anyone who wasn't boss rushing anyway. Gotta give props to Kabam for that one- I seriously underestimated how great it would be to be able to do my path in one or two shots without waiting for anyone in between.

Only difference is that now one of the euro players will have to get the second mini

We have two off time zones in our bg. The last link went down around midnight my time. I was still able to solo red mags with the link up and proceeded to Apoc before going to sleep myself. Great changes imo.