**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Final Stretch to Becoming Breaker of Thrones

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips

Since my last post a little over a month ago, I have finished exploring 6.4 and have begun work on exploring 6.2. I have nearly 30 r5/6r2 (and 1 6r3) champs and want to get 6.2 done to join the elite Breaker of Thrones club. I took Namor up to r5 sig 166 and will hop into 6.2.5 the moment he's sig 200. Void will be going up soon (currently sig 125) to help with the Mordo boss in 6.2.5. I have pretty much every piece of utility covered at r5/r2, but I am still missing a few big champs like Ghost, Doom, and Magneto. It's been alright without them tho because anytime I need to finish the opponent off before they reach an sp3, CGR handles it with a power boost. What a beast of a champ. I think I'm solid in all parts of my roster for the class gates, as I have 4 or more r5/r2 champs in every class but Tech. I also unlocked 4/5 MD to make the Champion fight easier with Sym Supreme.

I have a few questions (feel free to answer whichever questions you want):

- How many items should I expect to use in 6.2.5/6.2.6? Are there any tough fights in 6.2.5 I should watch out for?
- I've heard that Namor's bleeds can kill the opponent prematurely, so should I only do LLLL combos when the opponent is at low health to counter DNGG?
- Can CGR with a power boost "cheese" The Champion boss reliably (it would save me a lot of time if I could kill the Champion in ~60 seconds instead of going the longer approach with a mystic like Sym Supreme)?

Thank you very much for any tips you can provide. I hope to join the Breaker of Thrones club soon.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    For 6.2.5 most paths can be done in under a team revive with relative ease. The main problem fights i encountered were the nebula on cosmic gate and punisher on mutant gate. Also the 1% regen electro.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    H3t3r said:

For 6.2.5 most paths can be done in under a team revive with relative ease. The main problem fights i encountered were the nebula on cosmic gate and punisher on mutant gate. Also the 1% regen electro.

Great. I have a r2 6* CGR but when I pulled the 5* soon after, I took him to r5 because his incinerate immunity will be incredibly helpful vs the Nebula and there is a 5 star gate so 6 star is a no go.

I've heard Warlock and Omega work for the 1% regen Electro, but I don't have suicides, so I'm assuming Omega is a no go. Is the strategy with Warlock to heavy spam sp3 and kill him before the damage back kills you?

Bringing Quake as the 5th slot could prove very useful vs fights like that Punisher. Is it possible to Quake the Mordo boss?

H3t3r said:

Great. I have a r2 6* CGR but when I pulled the 5* soon after, I took him to r5 because his incinerate immunity will be incredibly helpful vs the Nebula and there is a 5 star gate so 6 star is a no go.

I've heard Warlock and Omega work for the 1% regen Electro, but I don't have suicides, so I'm assuming Omega is a no go. Is the strategy with Warlock to heavy spam sp3 and kill him before the damage back kills you?

Bringing Quake as the 5th slot could prove very useful vs fights like that Punisher. Is it possible to Quake the Mordo boss?
    Yes to all of that. Quake sometimes can be a bit dodgy against mordo. I also found it really useful to put the health boosts on for that electro as well.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I Quaked him IIRC.

Just gotta be careful to only trigger dex while there's a concussion up. Or just use parry Quake, which is probably safer. If he procs the power gain you have to slap him, but it's not that much of an issue.

Congrats on your progress, btw.
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

Yes to all of that. Quake sometimes can be a bit dodgy against mordo. I also found it really useful to put the health boosts on for that electro as well.
    Awesome, thank you. I'll need to boost quite a bit in 6.2.5.
    Then for 6.2.6 mojo absolutely shreds him. I also found it easier to do mutiple paths at once. Less times you have to fight the boss

Yeah, I Quaked him IIRC.

Just gotta be careful to only trigger dex while there's a concussion up. Or just use parry Quake, which is probably safer. If he procs the power gain you have to slap him, but it's not that much of an issue.

Congrats on your progress, btw.

Great, I'm pretty solid at Quaking vs Spite so I'll practice a bit but I think I'll be fine. I'm just a bit worried about the wonky playstyle between hitting him if he gets power gain and then going back to making sure I don't trigger dex until concussion triggers. I may just do parry style with a health boost to keep myself topped up, the attack values aren't crazy high.

Thank you.
    H3t3r said:

Then for 6.2.6 mojo absolutely shreds him. I also found it easier to do mutiple paths at once. Less times you have to fight the boss

Cool, I have awakened Mojo at r1 so I may rank him up for some fun vs The Champion, but I think Sym Supreme and CGR should handle it pretty well. I've heard that doing multiple paths is best, but I need to do some scouting to see which paths to take together. I noticed quite a few anti-CGR links like Burden of Might and Spite, which I'll have to use Sym Supreme for.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    One suggestion, or piece of advice...

Stop asking questions and just do it eh

But seriously you’ll be fine. You know your plan and what to except. 6.2.5 is worse to explore then 6.2.6. Doom can take mordo to 1 HP easy everytime. SS/CGR will handle the champion boss, the lanes aren’t bad. Take the longest path possible in 6.2.6 (all of the outsides) and you’ll have to fight the champion less times to worry about time spent fighting him.
    Jaded said:

But seriously you’ll be fine. You know your plan and what to except. 6.2.5 is worse to explore then 6.2.6. Doom can take mordo to 1 HP easy everytime. SS/CGR will handle the champion boss, the lanes aren’t bad. Take the longest path possible in 6.2.6 (all of the outsides) and you’ll have to fight the champion less times to worry about time spent fighting him.

Thank you, I love the positivity! I'm both excited and nervous for 6.2.5 and 6.2.6. It's gonna be quite the mountain to climb before reaching 100% exploration of Act 6. I'll try taking the longest path possible in 6.2.6, thanks for the tip.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    Congrats on your progress! And Good luck! Act 6 explore is a grind, but worth doing imo. Which isn't always a popular opinion now days, but we come out the other side a little stronger and wiser.

Jaded said:

Who's this?

Also

Cosmic: CMM, heimdal, Annihilus, proxima

Mutant : omega aa,prof x , colossuss,

Tech(?): Ghost, sentinel,starky , random dude

For 6.2.5 that is. And void for Mordo and quake in one path due to an electro
    That is Neymar Jr.

Thanks for the advice, I'm sure I'll be using Quake and Void a ton

Congrats on your progress! And Good luck! Act 6 explore is a grind, but worth doing imo. Which isn't always a popular opinion now days, but we come out the other side a little stronger and wiser.

Thank you! I hear a lot of people saying that Act 6 exploration is not worth it, but I find it pretty enjoyable and want to get it done. The rewards are pretty nice at the end as well, I could have some more r3 champs and the awakening gem and nexus could be account changing, though I'm not expecting too much seeing other people's openings.

Progress has been made! 4% left till the journey is complete. 6.2.5 has been much easier than I expected it to be, I actually really like the design of 6.2 in general. My favorite story chapter in the game now. Once I finish the final 2 paths in 6.2.5 and the rest of 6.2.6 I'll reach breaker of thrones, in which I'll get a ton of rewards. Hopefully the rewards are great, but I'm not expecting much after seeing other people's big Act 6 openings.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Good work mate. I see you don't want to use sym supreme for champion but I would rethink that. Me personally I did a gated path and ungated giving him 2 nodes up per pass so I didn't have to do that fight as much. Easy solo with supreme (I do have 4 in dispersion). Post nerf vs when I did run through prenerf it is miles easier. You do what works for you though. Just sharing what worked for me. Imo mordo map and lanes are the hardest bit of 6.2 and seems like you're hammering that. Wishing you luck.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,204 ★★★★★
    Good luck KD!!

I explored 6.4 aswell a few weeks ago.

Im currently now on 6.2.4
    Then I have 6.2.5 and 6.2.6 and 6.3 left to explore. Mines at 69% at the moment.

I have x3 r3s namely havok , doom and bwdo and around 15 r5s and like 5 r2s the gates are ok for me , the sinister was a lousy A.I i got which made him hard but the last 4 runs I soloed him. After KP i think im just gonna start 6.2.6 and leave mordo for a bit. I really dont wanna do that quests

Good work mate. I see you don't want to use sym supreme for champion but I would rethink that. Me personally I did a gated path and ungated giving him 2 nodes up per pass so I didn't have to do that fight as much. Easy solo with supreme (I do have 4 in dispersion). Post nerf vs when I did run through prenerf it is miles easier. You do what works for you though. Just sharing what worked for me. Imo mordo map and lanes are the hardest bit of 6.2 and seems like you're hammering that. Wishing you luck.

Thank you very much! Great advice, I went ahead with it and knocked out 3 paths in one vs The Champion. I ended up using Sym Supreme, he was just so safe. 6.2.5 is in the bag and was truly much easier than I expected. Now I have ~4 paths left in 6.2.6 until I open those juicy rewards. Worried about the Burden of Might link tho because I don't have a Shulk, Doom, or Aegon. Gonna be tough with Claire/Sorc/Sym.

Good luck KD!!

I explored 6.4 aswell a few weeks ago.

Im currently now on 6.2.4
    Then I have 6.2.5 and 6.2.6 and 6.3 left to explore. Mines at 69% at the moment.

I have x3 r3s namely havok , doom and bwdo and around 15 r5s and like 5 r2s the gates are ok for me , the sinister was a lousy A.I i got which made him hard but the last 4 runs I soloed him. After KP i think im just gonna start 6.2.6 and leave mordo for a bit. I really dont wanna do that quests

Thank you, and good luck to you in your journey! You've made great progress. Those are some awesome r3s, I'm jealous of that Doom especially 😂. Honestly Mordo and the entirety of 6.2.5 is overrated in terms of difficulty, if you have the proper counters (Quake, Void, Ghost, Mole Man, etc.), it's really not that bad at all, apart from a few tricky fights.

Cya Act 6 👋