**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Rewards are absolutely trash compared to Odin gauntlet rewards

2»

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I actually like this event overall. The rewards are solid, but it's not very fun. I have gotten more six star shards from this event than Odin's Gauntlet
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    9% drop rate for 300 6-star shards means that with 28 total keys (not counting the bonus feathers they awarded), 7 rewards on each path; for total of 28*7 rewards= 196 rewards.

196*0.09= 17.64 times one might expect 6-star shards to appear. Just to round it down to 17 for a whole number, that means 17*300= 5100 6-star shards.

Since it is RNG, some players may get drastically more than 5100, and some drastically less. But on average, that should be the amount one should expect to get.

Looking at the Odin sidequest (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/251119/somewhere-over-the-bifroest/p1): 3000 6-star shards in Casket 9, 1500 in Casket 8, 500 in Casket 7, for a total of 5000 6-star shards.

5100 6-star shards this month versus 5000 6-star shards last month? Very comparable.

Yes, it is a given that RNG sucks. But the rewards themselves don't suck, especially aggregated out across the month.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

I actually like this event overall. The rewards are solid, but it's not very fun. I have gotten more six star shards from this event than Odin's Gauntlet

I actually prefer this one to Odin in terms of actually running it. Some of this is subjective to be sure, but I personally find (on Legendary, to be specific) that the fights are different enough to be generally engaging, without being either ridiculously difficult or tedious on the one hand or ludicrously easy on the other.

Maybe there are players that can just sleepwalk through Hard Knock Life, but I'm not one of them. That's just enough out of my comfort zone that if I'm not taking the fight very seriously it is very easy for muscle memory to Parry yourself into oblivion. And to be honest, there have been runs where the only reason I'm finishing itemless is playing around with the Heal or Hide buff on the last fight.

For something I have to grind out thirty times, that to me is about the right amount of threat. I'm not really in danger of failing, but if I'm not actually taking it seriously or I slip up I am in danger of having to burn a revive or two.

I think Odin was easier but more grindy, and the saving grace was that the last map being just a boss was a pleasant surprise.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I actually prefer this one to Odin in terms of actually running it. Some of this is subjective to be sure, but I personally find (on Legendary, to be specific) that the fights are different enough to be generally engaging, without being either ridiculously difficult or tedious on the one hand or ludicrously easy on the other.

I agree - 8 total fights (and you can choose to do only 1 fight), and each fight can be one of three champions (or Platinumpools). Same nodes, but more variety since there is varying levels of difficulty.
    With Odin side quest, it was 6 fights of the same champions with the same nodes (within that tier of difficulty).

It was also psychologically less rewarding, since you are doing the repetition with the main thing on your brain being Uru (a meaningless currency in and of itself). Contrast with this sidequest, where the main thing on your brain is the path rewards.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Maybe there are players that can just sleepwalk through Hard Knock Life, but I'm not one of them. That's just enough out of my comfort zone that if I'm not taking the fight very seriously it is very easy for muscle memory to Parry yourself into oblivion. And to be honest, there have been runs where the only reason I'm finishing itemless is playing around with the Heal or Hide buff on the last fight.

For something I have to grind out thirty times, that to me is about the right amount of threat. I'm not really in danger of failing, but if I'm not actually taking it seriously or I slip up I am in danger of having to burn a revive or two.

I think Odin was easier but more grindy, and the saving grace was that the last map being just a boss was a pleasant surprise.
    In terms of the actual fights, since they shift out the defenders, it's way better than Odin's Gauntlet, but it's still falls short of 'fun' like some of the past events. Personally, I really miss the Trials of ____ events. It's pretty easy for me and the best part about it is that the defenders have a decent enough healthpool and a variety of nodes that I can practice learning new champs on without worrying about killing them too quickly. I've been using this event to learn how to play She-Hulk, CGR, and Tigra.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

NapaHero said:

T5 basic = 12,000 - 0.27%
    T1 Alpha = 8,400 - 3.00%
    T2 Alpha = 29,400 - 0.82%
    6* shards = 2,100 - 0.21%
    5* shards = 9,000 - 0.90%
    T4 basic = 79,200 - 2.20%
    T4 class = 86,400 - 2.40%
    5* sig stones x 20
    Gold x 650,000

This is my tally from all 15 keys I have had to use so far. I’ve finished 100% every time and collected all the above.

Putting some perspective on it, it takes about 15 minutes a day to collect everything I’ve got above, plus the milestone rewards from completing fights and legendary rooms. So at the minute I’m doing OK.

I understand the complaints people have, the whole RNG aspect of it means it’s purely down to luck, no matter how good a player you are.

That is A LOT of 6* shards. Conversely I’ve drawn 6* shards only twice.
    Actually, that is slightly under par. Anyone who has done the maximum number of runs, which with the 2 key compensation is 15, has seen 105 legendary reward pulls on those 15 maps, assuming they do everything. With a 9% drop rate, the average number of drops should be between 9 and 10, or between 2700 and 3000 6* shards.

Out of 15 runs and 105 drops, I've seen 13 6* shard drops or 3900 6* shards total. Somewhat above average, which I'll take as I'm usually not very lucky. My most concentrated map so far was a map with 4 separate gold drops, which I imagine would be great for someone short of gold. This is not a problem I'm currently experiencing.
    I was happy with my 6* drop rate, then you have to go and disappoint me with your accurate statistics! Lol jk
    Maybe I’m just happy to get anything near the statistical ‘average’ given that this months rewards are luck based, of which I usually have none.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    I got 4x 6* shards in one clear, I am satisfied :smiley:
  • MollinaryMollinary Posts: 64
    Etm34 said:

Can we please stop complaining about this event? There’s an RNG side quest literally every single year. It may go well, it may not. It’s a massive step up on Rifts, so I’m very happy about that.

We can't stop complaining because this event Quest is a Massive trash and every time I try I more and more disappointed. It is completely RUBBISH.

To be honest I don't know why I still trying because it is not worth of my effort.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    Zan0 said:

What level are you doing? I’ve already gotten 2700 6* shards this month from the side event

People are really bad at math. If they don't see a big chunk all at once, it's bad. They don't realize that a bunch of little chunks over time make a big chunk
    Exactly this
    Well... it's not that hard to do the calculation if you get zero drops of 6* shards. 0 x 300 = ?

I got my first drop of 6* shards with 2k 5* shards and I thought my luck has finally turned. Next run 4 x 50k gold and sig stones.

1 x 300 = ?

Someone figure this out for me.
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 345 ★★★
    Why have they put t4cc fragments into the quest . We don't need that stuff, I have nearly 150 t4cc fully formed crystals I have yet to open. Just because of that stuff this quest sucks for me. That also just 7200 of one t4cc , what for ?
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    You guys are ignoring the keyword. RNG.
    Odin was fixed. Everyone got the same rewards, here. It is pure RNG
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Side events give different levels of rewards. This one is average or below average unfortunately.
  • MollinaryMollinary Posts: 64
    Will3808 said:

Side events give different levels of rewards. This one is average or below average unfortunately.

For me far below the average. Now over half of event gone and I get occasionally some 5* and mostly t4b or t4cc plus t2a sorry but is not reward for playing legendary level.
    Is definitely the worst side event ever.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Imo this side quest us horrible. T1a and t4b for highest difficulty is a joke. The only reason I keep running it is hoping to score some 6* shards, which I haven't scored any in over a week. All I see is gold and t1a and useless 5* sig stones.