**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Incursion milestones - not quite fair

marino123marino123 Posts: 475 ★★★
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
How are these milestones fair, for tier 3?

Tier 4 -

Tier 3 -

The third milestone for tier 4 are 2400 (highest with artifacts), and then for tier 3 they are jumping to 6000? With such an increase, the only increase is of 125 artifacts per milestone? How on earth is this fair gameplay? Either increase the artifacts per milestone, or reduce the milestones. At least the tier 2 milestones give 1100 artifacts per milestone.

Source of screenshot - https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052853811-Incursions

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    What I think is a little dumb is that once you get 8 6*s despite your level You go to Tier 8 automatically.

I guess it makes sense but I just don’t see the reason behind it
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    marino123 said:

SWORD78 said:

What I think is a little dumb is that once you get 8 6*s despite your level You go to Tier 8 automatically.

Yeah. Tier levels should be based on progression level and not the number of champions a player has. Progression oevel makes more sense.
    Number of champions makes more sense. There are literally level 55 people in the game who have beaten everything so far and you have level 60 people still stuck in act 5. Do you get what I mean?
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    edited April 2021
    SWORD78 said:

Well you can still do sec 7 which is easily cleared if you already have 8 6*s because at that point you should at least be at like 6.2/3. sec 8 is pretty difficult up to like round 8 tho
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

SWORD78 said:

Well you can still do sec 7 which is easily cleared if you already have 8 6*s because at that point you should at least be at like 6.2/3. sec 8 is pretty difficult up to like round 8 tho
    It would be helpful if Kabam explain why they went with this decision. I agree that there needs to be some criteria to unlock the highest level, but unlocking them should not prevent you to doing the lower ones.
    marino123 said:

marino123 said:

SWORD78 said:

Yeah. Tier levels should be based on progression level and not the number of champions a player has. Progression oevel makes more sense.
    Number of champions makes more sense. There are literally level 55 people in the game who have beaten everything so far and you have level 60 people still stuck in act 5. Do you get what I mean?

By progression level i mean UC, cav, thronebreakers. Not level 55 and level 60!!

There are players who are UC and are having to do sectors 6-7 just because they have over 16 5 star champs. Those guys cant do cav and they are trying to do sectors 6-7. This way they are losing on useful shards, artifacts and other stuff.

Basing the sector alloted to a player, on their story progression will allow them to face content in incursions that they are capable of taking on.

Also, there should be a restriction on players doing lower sectors. I've seen players joining lower sectors with low level champs, and then swaping in their high level champs one at a time with each zone. They do so, just to have high level champs in lower tiers, to get enough to clear the milestones.
    That wouldn't really work very well. I've seen people with r2 dooms and more r5s then I have rn, still UC, so if they have like sec 5-7, it would be way to easy.
    marino123 said:

marino123 said:

marino123 said:

SWORD78 said:

By progression level i mean UC, cav, thronebreakers. Not level 55 and level 60!!

There are players who are UC and are having to do sectors 6-7 just because they have over 16 5 star champs. Those guys cant do cav and they are trying to do sectors 6-7. This way they are losing on useful shards, artifacts and other stuff.

Basing the sector alloted to a player, on their story progression will allow them to face content in incursions that they are capable of taking on.

Also, there should be a restriction on players doing lower sectors. I've seen players joining lower sectors with low level champs, and then swaping in their high level champs one at a time with each zone. They do so, just to have high level champs in lower tiers, to get enough to clear the milestones.
    That wouldn't really work very well. I've seen people with r2 dooms and more r5s then I have rn, still UC, so if they have like sec 5-7, it would be way to easy.

How does number of champions make sense? If such players are stuck in UC, then what can kabam do? They are much more interested in other content than story quest.

Also, there would be even less than 1% players with such a scenario. There are more number of players who are trying to build their 5-6 star roster for chapter 6 and above, and pushing them into sectors 6-8 does not help them with the roster build. It only pushes them to not do incursions.
    It can help them develop better skills and btw its not 1%. Ive seen many threads of people with like more then 3 5*s at r5, which is easily enough to get cav. My ally member who is awesome btw doesn't like to do story mode and has 1,000,000+ base hero rating with more r5s then me and he's really good but if there was a progression gate on incursions then he wouldn't be able to benefit from it. You can easily clear sector 6 and 7 with 3 r5s so I don't really get the problem.
    edited April 2021
    marino123 said:

Yeah, but everyone does not have 3 r5s! There is a bigger base of lower level players than there is for higher level ones!

If they dont want to do the story mode, they should not be able to get the benefit from higher incursion sectors. The same is being applied for the EQs as well. Why not open all the difficulty levels of EQ for all players? If it is all the same, then shouldn't incursion also have story based progression tiers?

All i am saying is that the criteria for sector allocation is not fair. Either the criteria should be changed, or the number of champions one needs to have should be changed. Like instead of 16 5 star champions, make it 30-40. Not only for 5 star champs, for 4 star sector ones also. Once a player achieves these many number of champions, then they should have the choice to go for select crystals which have 10 specific-champion pools to pick from.

Well yeah thats fair, but isn't it better for UC players to practice on bigger PI's to get better so they can get Cav? And also sec 6 can be cleared with 5/50s and sector 7 can be almost cleared with 1/25s. Also if you have like 8 6*s already im pretty sure you can get cav easily. I only had 3 when I got to cav. Also, 30-40 5*s is way too high, if that would have been the requirement, I would have lost so much champs because I was clearing sector 6 and a little of sector 7.