**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Guillotine

Well, I vote for me as guillotine, and the reason is that it is no longer important at all because of the 2099 guillotine it has the advantages of the previous version and more. That's why I vote for me as guillotine.

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    K. Didn't understand the reason at all but you do you
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    I like Guilly and cannot figure out why she is being included on a rework list. She's good already. I am fine with her getting improved, sure, but it'll have to be pretty special for it to make much of a difference.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

I like Guilly and cannot figure out why she is being included on a rework list. She's good already. I am fine with her getting improved, sure, but it'll have to be pretty special for it to make much of a difference.

Think g99 but mystic with buff control... 👌
    That would be tasty.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

That would be tasty.
    she deserves at least a nullify I will admit that

Jaded said:

That would be tasty.
    What's with your pfp?

Jaded said:

That would be tasty.
    What's with your pfp?
    wdym is something wrong with it

Jaded said:

That would be tasty.
    What's with your pfp?
    Idk. I've seen it change thrice over the last 24 hours.

Jaded said:

That would be tasty.
    What's with your pfp?
    Idk. I've seen it change thrice over the last 24 hours.
    is it not still Rogue? I changed it from Switch to Rogue but that’s it
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    Antman forever
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★

I’d be happy for her to be made better, but like you, am baffled why she is on a list with these other champs.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 ★★★★★
    Here's a few thoughts I put in the Champion Improvement Thread a year or so back, @Jaded @SpideyFunko :

Guillotine

Guillotine is a very simple-to-use (i.e. old) mystic champion; who used to have a unique niche role; thanks to her ability to reverse healing. There are now other champions who can do this better, for longer (so much so that Kabam have invented new nodes specifically to prevent healing reversal!); making her significantly less desirable.
    Aside from that one bit of utility, she does respectable critical and bleed damage, and not a lot else until she's Awakened; at which point she gains a bit of Life Steal for additional questing durability. She can't nullify buffs, she doesn't power control, and aside from her short-lived (ten seconds) heal-reversal, she doesn't have any actual utility at all. And yet... in the Story quest (Act 4), she's the Collectors 'Secret Agent'... In the monthly Event quest storylines, she seems genuinely important to, and respected by, Dr Strange... She's feared by the symbiotes like Venom... She's got an ancient, intelligent magic sword - shouldn't she have more to offer than this?

I think she should have more to offer; and as a Kabam original character, her abilities can be changed far more flexibly than one of Marvel's own champions (where there will be practical limitations on how they can be adapted for MCOC)... Yes, you could easily argue that there are other champs who need a re-work more; but here's a version of Guillotine who could provide a little more versatility to her questing team, and possibly justify the respect she gets in the story quests:

Guillotine

Health 14,026
    Attack 1214

Signature:
    Guillotine gains the ability to steal health from her opponents. The chance is 10% on basic attacks; rising to 20% on critical hits and special attacks.
    The amount of health she steals is 40% of the damage inflicted, per four soul shards she possesses. Minimum of 40% health steal regardless of her current soul count.
    Additionally, the duration of her Spectre effect is increased by up to 60%
    Not much change to her Sig, aside it now granting a short boost to the duration of her heal-reversing Spectre ability.

Soul Harvest:
    Guillotine's sword collects soul shards as it causes damage to her opponents. She starts the match with four soul shards.

For each 6% of their Maximum health taken in damage by her opponent, Guillotine gains a soul shard. This ability does not function against Robots or Dimensional Beings.

Although it can't absorb soul energy from the soulless, La Fleur De Mal takes power wherever it can: any bleed damage suffered by Guillotine also feeds soul shards to the sword, as if it were health lost by her opponent. Non-bleed damage does not have this effect.

However they are gained, soul shards expire after ten seconds.
    Changes here will have the effect of making Guillotine quite a lot less effective against Robots, but are intended to reflect the nature of her life-draining sword; which shouldn't work particularly well on the unliving. Whilst robots are a problem for her, Guillotine does become have some new tricks for taking on mystical opponents, as you'll see below...

Soul Empowerments
    • Each soul shard grants Guillotine +60 Critical Damage Rating.
    • As long as she has at least one soul, La Fleur De Mal's thirst for blood grants Guillotine True Accuracy whilst her opponent is bleeding.
    • Mystical Armour: La Fleur De Mal protects it's wielder with a permanent Armour Up effect. Whilst active, this reduces the offensive ability accuracy of Cosmic and Mystic opponents by 30%. The Armour Up effect grants a basic +200 Armour, then each soul shard further increases her armour by +25, and her protection against offensive abilities by a flat +2%
    Guillotine always had armour; but I've given it a Civil Warrior-type upgrade against offensive abilities, and changed it into an Armour Up effect rather than a passive (useful to have actual armour against certain opponents, like Havok. Less beneficial against Medusa or Dr Strange...)

All Attacks:
    Critical hits have a 60% chance to inflict bleed for 1108 damage over six seconds.
    Dimensional beings are not affected by bleed (even if they could be), but instead are afflicted with degeneration of equal intensity and duration. This mystical ability does not affect robots or other characters who are immune to bleed.
    Slightly more frequent bleeds, that are longer but less intense. This shouldn't mean much increase in her overall bleed damage; but will enable more up-time on her (new) True Accuracy ability.
    Her sword also now gains a new way to cause significant harm to the soulless dimensional beings; many of whom do not bleed anyway - La Fleur De Mal can't harvest their souls, but will kill them if it can!

Special Attacks
    Special-1:
    If it hits, this overhead blow consumes one soul shard to inflict Stagger for eight seconds, removing the next buff that would have activated. Against Cosmic champions, the duration is increased by 50% and all buffs that would have activated simultaneously are Staggered.
    Guillotine is currently the only Mystic champion with zero ability to nullify buffs. Surely that has to change, at least a little! Plus her SP1 doesn't have any additional effects at present; so she's taking a leaf out of Juggernaut's book with this ability, which seems to fit the skull-cracking nature of her SP1

Special-2: Consume two soul shards to place a Spectral curse on the opponent for ten seconds, which reverses the effects of any active regeneration effects. Spectre also reduces the ability accuracy of Tenacity, Masochism and other 'shrug-off' abilities by 100% whilst it is active.
    I've boosted Spectre's effects here, to take account of the defensive debuff-removal abilities that didn't exist when she was created. Spectre now can't be readily removed; and prevents removal of her bleeds at the same time. It remains a debuff though, so will still trigger effects like Willpower. And it only shuts down Masochism for ten seconds, so although this will be useful, it's not exactly game-breaking...

Special-3: Consume all soul shards to inflict additional Direct damage on the opponent equal to 2% of their Total health per soul charge.
    After this attack, which exhausts all her souls, Guillotine gains a Bladethirst buff which lasts for five seconds plus 0.5 seconds per soul shard consumed. During this time, La Fleur De Mal's hunger for souls grants Guillotine +500 Critical Rating, +50% Ability Accuracy on bleed effects, and each Critical hit has a 10% chance to drain 2% of the opponent's total health. The Bladethirst effect will end early if/when Guillotine has recovered a total of two soul shards.
    Throwing an SP3 remains a very effective option when you're ahead in a fight; but it was always much less effective if you were behind, or against an opponent with a large health pool (and therefore, low on souls). Now there is a seriously useful after-effect; as La Fleur De Mal tries to claw back some of its power. This means that an SP3 can be very useful if you're against a more powerful opponent with a high Health pool.

Synergies
    Doctor Strange
    - Blood and Magic): Unique synergy -
    • With training from the sorcerer supreme, Guillotine learns to dash back and hold block for 2 seconds, consuming a soul shard to activate a Life Steal buff. Thr buff lasts for seven seconds; although the duration is paused until the next successful hit. The Life Steal effect heals her for 40% of her Attack on attacks. She can activate this ability once per fight.
    • Dr Strange gains +50% Potency on all Life Steal and Power Steal effects*
    *You may think Dr Strange doesn't have any Power Steal effects. This version does!

Venom - Symbiote Slayer (Unique Synergy, does not stack):
    • Guillotine gains a passive +30% Attack and +300 Critical Rating against Symbiotes
    • Venom's Klyntar buff refreshes 25% faster against Symbiotes and Spiderverse opponents.

Here's a few thoughts I put in the Champion Improvement Thread a year or so back, @Jaded @SpideyFunko :

Guillotine

Guillotine is a very simple-to-use (i.e. old) mystic champion; who used to have a unique niche role; thanks to her ability to reverse healing. There are now other champions who can do this better, for longer (so much so that Kabam have invented new nodes specifically to prevent healing reversal!); making her significantly less desirable.
    Aside from that one bit of utility, she does respectable critical and bleed damage, and not a lot else until she's Awakened; at which point she gains a bit of Life Steal for additional questing durability. She can't nullify buffs, she doesn't power control, and aside from her short-lived (ten seconds) heal-reversal, she doesn't have any actual utility at all. And yet... in the Story quest (Act 4), she's the Collectors 'Secret Agent'... In the monthly Event quest storylines, she seems genuinely important to, and respected by, Dr Strange... She's feared by the symbiotes like Venom... She's got an ancient, intelligent magic sword - shouldn't she have more to offer than this?

I think she should have more to offer; and as a Kabam original character, her abilities can be changed far more flexibly than one of Marvel's own champions (where there will be practical limitations on how they can be adapted for MCOC)... Yes, you could easily argue that there are other champs who need a re-work more; but here's a version of Guillotine who could provide a little more versatility to her questing team, and possibly justify the respect she gets in the story quests:

Guillotine

Health 14,026
    Attack 1214

Signature:
    Guillotine gains the ability to steal health from her opponents. The chance is 10% on basic attacks; rising to 20% on critical hits and special attacks.
    The amount of health she steals is 40% of the damage inflicted, per four soul shards she possesses. Minimum of 40% health steal regardless of her current soul count.
    Additionally, the duration of her Spectre effect is increased by up to 60%
    Not much change to her Sig, aside it now granting a short boost to the duration of her heal-reversing Spectre ability.

Soul Harvest:
    Guillotine's sword collects soul shards as it causes damage to her opponents. She starts the match with four soul shards.

For each 6% of their Maximum health taken in damage by her opponent, Guillotine gains a soul shard. This ability does not function against Robots or Dimensional Beings.

Although it can't absorb soul energy from the soulless, La Fleur De Mal takes power wherever it can: any bleed damage suffered by Guillotine also feeds soul shards to the sword, as if it were health lost by her opponent. Non-bleed damage does not have this effect.

However they are gained, soul shards expire after ten seconds.
    Changes here will have the effect of making Guillotine quite a lot less effective against Robots, but are intended to reflect the nature of her life-draining sword; which shouldn't work particularly well on the unliving. Whilst robots are a problem for her, Guillotine does become have some new tricks for taking on mystical opponents, as you'll see below...

Soul Empowerments

• Each soul shard grants Guillotine +60 Critical Damage Rating.
    • As long as she has at least one soul, La Fleur De Mal's thirst for blood grants Guillotine True Accuracy whilst her opponent is bleeding.
    • Mystical Armour: La Fleur De Mal protects it's wielder with a permanent Armour Up effect. Whilst active, this reduces the offensive ability accuracy of Cosmic and Mystic opponents by 30%. The Armour Up effect grants a basic +200 Armour, then each soul shard further increases her armour by +25, and her protection against offensive abilities by a flat +2%
    Guillotine always had armour; but I've given it a Civil Warrior-type upgrade against offensive abilities, and changed it into an Armour Up effect rather than a passive (useful to have actual armour against certain opponents, like Havok. Less beneficial against Medusa or Dr Strange...)

All Attacks:
    Critical hits have a 60% chance to inflict bleed for 1108 damage over six seconds.
    Dimensional beings are not affected by bleed (even if they could be), but instead are afflicted with degeneration of equal intensity and duration. This mystical ability does not affect robots or other characters who are immune to bleed.
    Slightly more frequent bleeds, that are longer but less intense. This shouldn't mean much increase in her overall bleed damage; but will enable more up-time on her (new) True Accuracy ability.
    Her sword also now gains a new way to cause significant harm to the soulless dimensional beings; many of whom do not bleed anyway - La Fleur De Mal can't harvest their souls, but will kill them if it can!

Special Attacks
    Special-1:
    If it hits, this overhead blow consumes one soul shard to inflict Stagger for eight seconds, removing the next buff that would have activated. Against Cosmic champions, the duration is increased by 50% and all buffs that would have activated simultaneously are Staggered.
    Guillotine is currently the only Mystic champion with zero ability to nullify buffs. Surely that has to change, at least a little! Plus her SP1 doesn't have any additional effects at present; so she's taking a leaf out of Juggernaut's book with this ability, which seems to fit the skull-cracking nature of her SP1

Special-2: Consume two soul shards to place a Spectral curse on the opponent for ten seconds, which reverses the effects of any active regeneration effects. Spectre also reduces the ability accuracy of Tenacity, Masochism and other 'shrug-off' abilities by 100% whilst it is active.
    I've boosted Spectre's effects here, to take account of the defensive debuff-removal abilities that didn't exist when she was created. Spectre now can't be readily removed; and prevents removal of her bleeds at the same time. It remains a debuff though, so will still trigger effects like Willpower. And it only shuts down Masochism for ten seconds, so although this will be useful, it's not exactly game-breaking...

Special-3: Consume all soul shards to inflict additional Direct damage on the opponent equal to 2% of their Total health per soul charge.
    After this attack, which exhausts all her souls, Guillotine gains a Bladethirst buff which lasts for five seconds plus 0.5 seconds per soul shard consumed. During this time, La Fleur De Mal's hunger for souls grants Guillotine +500 Critical Rating, +50% Ability Accuracy on bleed effects, and each Critical hit has a 10% chance to drain 2% of the opponent's total health. The Bladethirst effect will end early if/when Guillotine has recovered a total of two soul shards.
    Throwing an SP3 remains a very effective option when you're ahead in a fight; but it was always much less effective if you were behind, or against an opponent with a large health pool (and therefore, low on souls). Now there is a seriously useful after-effect; as La Fleur De Mal tries to claw back some of its power. This means that an SP3 can be very useful if you're against a more powerful opponent with a high Health pool.

Synergies
    Doctor Strange
    - Blood and Magic): Unique synergy -
    • With training from the sorcerer supreme, Guillotine learns to dash back and hold block for 2 seconds, consuming a soul shard to activate a Life Steal buff. Thr buff lasts for seven seconds; although the duration is paused until the next successful hit. The Life Steal effect heals her for 40% of her Attack on attacks. She can activate this ability once per fight.
    • Dr Strange gains +50% Potency on all Life Steal and Power Steal effects*
    *You may think Dr Strange doesn't have any Power Steal effects. This version does!

Venom - Symbiote Slayer (Unique Synergy, does not stack):
    • Guillotine gains a passive +30% Attack and +300 Critical Rating against Symbiotes
    • Venom's Klyntar buff refreshes 25% faster against Symbiotes and Spiderverse opponents.
    Very nice concept! Also enjoyed the DS one as well
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    There is already a main thread to discuss the voting event/system