**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kingpin’s Prestige - attention & resolution desired

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Sp4rkyMan said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Renaxqq said:

This is why I thought the forums would be a better place to open up this issue. My request was to have all 67 sig stones reversed since his buff but this was the response.

I don't understand their policy lol. Why three days? They can check what u used in three days window? After 3 days data are cleared and they don't know if you used generic or class stones? I don't get it.
    It said the transaction occured on the 23rd April but this thread was started on the 21st? I dont get it
    Honestly, up until Kabam Boo’s response I assumed that Auntm.AI was wrong so I pour every sig stone I get into my top 5 prestige champs. Support must have just looked at the last transaction on the 23rd when I finished cav difficulty but I am requesting all from the last 2 months be returned. Should be interesting to see what happens if this thread doesn’t get closed. I think I have about 67 stones in him as he is a natural sig 80. I’ll probably look at funneling those elsewhere since that are only for prestige purposes.
    Auntm.AI is not an official Kabam source for information. Just saying.
    That's why he probably assumed their info was wrong and continued to put sig stones into Kingpin. Great contribution as usual.
    I'm displaying the point that it's entirely possible that a discrepancy could have been made. Kabam themselves made the amendment. For that matter, we're talking about a difference of 156 Points.
    156 points is huge in terms of prestige, don't talk about things you don't know about
    This is where we'll have to agree to disagree. I've been here long enough to know what I'm talking about.
    OP, good luck with your case.
    People in top alliances get kicked if their prestige can't keep up. 160 may not be a lot for a Map 5 alliance, but if you're in the prestige race it matters. Also, we're talking about a misleading investment on what is the most valuable resource in the game currently.
    What misleading? It was an error, and they clarified the mistake. Relatively quickly at that.
    It's 100% misleading. Advertising something that isn't true. People then purchasing items (with real money I might add) and ranking up champions based on that false information. It costs KaScam nothing to rectify it. As someone said previously, a press of a button.
    We don't purchase anything. We pay for permission to use certain aspects of their product. There are also certain policies in place for things like this. Returning unused Items or Crystals is not the same as manually accessing someone's Account and undoing Sigs. Which Support is not permitted to do. It would then have to go higher up. It's not just a press of a button.
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

Renaxqq said:

This is why I thought the forums would be a better place to open up this issue. My request was to have all 67 sig stones reversed since his buff but this was the response.

I don't understand their policy lol. Why three days? They can check what u used in three days window? After 3 days data are cleared and they don't know if you used generic or class stones? I don't get it.
    It said the transaction occured on the 23rd April but this thread was started on the 21st? I dont get it
    Honestly, up until Kabam Boo’s response I assumed that Auntm.AI was wrong so I pour every sig stone I get into my top 5 prestige champs. Support must have just looked at the last transaction on the 23rd when I finished cav difficulty but I am requesting all from the last 2 months be returned. Should be interesting to see what happens if this thread doesn’t get closed. I think I have about 67 stones in him as he is a natural sig 80. I’ll probably look at funneling those elsewhere since that are only for prestige purposes.
    That's why he probably assumed their info was wrong and continued to put sig stones into Kingpin. Great contribution as usual.
    I'm displaying the point that it's entirely possible that a discrepancy could have been made. Kabam themselves made the amendment. For that matter, we're talking about a difference of 156 Points.
    156 points is huge in terms of prestige, don't talk about things you don't know about
    This is where we'll have to agree to disagree. I've been here long enough to know what I'm talking about.
    People in top alliances get kicked if their prestige can't keep up. 160 may not be a lot for a Map 5 alliance, but if you're in the prestige race it matters. Also, we're talking about a misleading investment on what is the most valuable resource in the game currently.
    What misleading? It was an error, and they clarified the mistake. Relatively quickly at that.
    Yes it was an error. Nobody is suggesting it’s been done on purpose and EVERYBODY is entitled to make mistakes. But why should we pay for it? If he has ranked him for PRESTIGE and it’s been advertised wrongly it’s pretty cut and dry he should be allowed to have them back. Like I said it’s a click of a button not a physical product that has a cost associated with it
    edited April 2021

Sp4rkyMan said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Renaxqq said:

It's 100% misleading. Advertising something that isn't true. People then purchasing items (with real money I might add) and ranking up champions based on that false information. It costs KaScam nothing to rectify it. As someone said previously, a press of a button.
    We don't purchase anything. We pay for permission to use certain aspects of their product. There are also certain policies in place for things like this. Returning unused Items or Crystals is not the same as manually accessing someone's Account and undoing Sigs. Which Support is not permitted to do. It would then have to go higher up. It's not just a press of a button.
    If you rented a car and paid for it but they give you a bike would you not be entitled to ask for what you paid for? Even if you don’t own it. And I would also say the topic has received enough traction that someone “higher up” should be looking at it anyway and proving a satisfactory resolution not just for the OP but for anybody that’s had the same problem. Again what is the harm in returning the stones as it’s KABAMS ERROR

Ebony_Naw said:

Renaxqq said:

Yes it was an error. Nobody is suggesting it’s been done on purpose and EVERYBODY is entitled to make mistakes. But why should we pay for it? If he has ranked him for PRESTIGE and it’s been advertised wrongly it’s pretty cut and dry he should be allowed to have them back. Like I said it’s a click of a button not a physical product that has a cost associated with it
    It's not just the click of a button, as I just outlined. Support is only allowed to do a certain amount, and they have to follow their protocol. Which means someone on the Dev end would have to go in and do it manually. Do you feel that it's reasonable to have a meeting with them and arrange that because one person chose to use all their Sigs on KP?

Ebony_Naw said:

Renaxqq said:

It's not just the click of a button, as I just outlined. Support is only allowed to do a certain amount, and they have to follow their protocol. Which means someone on the Dev end would have to go in and do it manually. Do you feel that it's reasonable to have a meeting with them and arrange that because one person chose to use all their Sigs on KP?
    Well you make a mistake....tough you have to pay for it wheither it’s time or money it doesn’t matter. Somebody else shouldnt have to pay the price for someone else’s error regardless of how many people it happened to

Ebony_Naw said:

Renaxqq said:

Well guess what....you make a mistake you shouldn’t expect someone else to pay the price. Especially not in a situation where you want that person to use your service or product again. Wheither it’s your time or money and wheither it’s one or one million people you shouldn’t force them to just put up with your mistakes because it’s inconvenient for you to rectify it. So yes based on the fact there’s a thread that’s been running now about it and there’s also coverage on YouTube I think it warrants a conversation at KABAM. Just be a good company it’s pretty simple
    edited April 2021
    Zan0 said:

Honestly guys those who are replying to grounded are just as idiotic. You won't change his opinion and you most certainly will always lose a debate with him as he doesn't care if you are right or not

Yeah I gathered that. I have also noticed he’s the first to complain when things don’t go his way. Not everything is about you pal.

PS defending a point doesn’t make me idiotic
    Sp4rkyMan said:

The fact that Kabam are so quiet about it is disgusting.

Totally agree

Ebony_Naw said:

Renaxqq said:

Well guess what....you make a mistake you shouldn’t expect someone else to pay the price. Especially not in a situation where you want that person to use your service or product again. Wheither it’s your time or money and wheither it’s one or one million people you shouldn’t force them to just put up with your mistakes because it’s inconvenient for you to rectify it. So yes based on the fact there’s a thread that’s been running now about it and there’s also coverage on YouTube I think it warrants a conversation at KABAM. Just be a good company it’s pretty simple
    Actually it makes a difference. When something affects one person, it's not as large of an issue as if many people were affected. That's not really any offense to the OP. I'm not saying they don't matter. I'm talking about allocating valuable time and effort. The Devs aren't just sitting around waiting to fix the next issue that comes up. They have jobs to do, and in order to allocate time to an issue, you have to consider the overall effect. Personally, if I could, I'd go in and undo it for the OP. It's not me, and I don't have that ability. What I'm saying is it's not just a matter of zip, zip and done.

Ebony_Naw said:

Renaxqq said:

Actually it makes a difference. When something affects one person, it's not as large of an issue as if many people were affected. That's not really any offense to the OP. I'm not saying they don't matter. I'm talking about allocating valuable time and effort. The Devs aren't just sitting around waiting to fix the next issue that comes up. They have jobs to do, and in order to allocate time to an issue, you have to consider the overall effect. Personally, if I could, I'd go in and undo it for the OP. It's not me, and I don't have that ability. What I'm saying is it's not just a matter of zip, zip and done.
    Yeah and somebody did their job wrong which led to this. So he should just pay the price for the mistake because it’s not “important enough” to rectify it is what your saying? And I’m fairly certain he’s not the only person that’s been affected. He’s just the one we’re discussing now because it’s his post
    Sp4rkyMan said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Renaxqq said:

It doesn't matter if it's 1 person or 50 million. If this is how Kabam is going to deal with these situations and treat it's playerbase then I'll be off to play a different game and support a different company with my wallet. Simple as that.
    If that's how you feel, there's very little stopping you from leaving anyway. It wouldn't be a policy if they changed it anytime someone went full Karen.
    Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

Honestly guys those who are replying to grounded are just as idiotic. You won't change his opinion and you most certainly will always lose a debate with him as he doesn't care if you are right or not

Yeah I gathered that. I have also noticed he’s the first to complain when things don’t go his way. Not everything is about you pal.

It's idiotic because the only thing you are doing by responding to him is getting threads like this closed. Think about the OP and just stop it
    Hold on. If people don’t discuss this on threads they are ignored. This one has a lot of traction and still nothing so don’t tell me to stop it lol. The whole point of the discussion is to bring it to attention. And if somebody is making silly comments I’ll challenge them. This is a FORUM.

Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

It's idiotic because the only thing you are doing by responding to him is getting threads like this closed. Think about the OP and just stop it
    Hold on. If people don’t discuss this on threads they are ignored. This one has a lot of traction and still nothing so don’t tell me to stop it lol. The whole point of the discussion is to bring it to attention. And if somebody is making silly comments I’ll challenge them. This is a FORUM.
    I'm not being silly. I'm being realistic and trying to shed some experience on the subject. What happens is out of my control, really. Either an exception is going to be made and someone on the other end will adjust it, or the OP will have to keep what they made. I'm just saying in my experience, this seems like a choice situation and Support, as off as they were, are not wrong in not being able to do anything about it.
    Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

I've seen hundreds of threads closed by GW. And this will unfortunately be one of them
    This is a discussion. If you don't want it closed, perhaps you could stick to the subject and not turn it into a personal statement about me as a person.
    Sp4rkyMan said:

Sp4rkyMan said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Renaxqq said:

It doesn't matter if it's 1 person or 50 million. If this is how Kabam is going to deal with these situations and treat it's playerbase then I'll be off to play a different game and support a different company with my wallet. Simple as that.
    If that's how you feel, there's very little stopping you from leaving anyway. It wouldn't be a policy if they changed it anytime someone went full Karen.
    Your argument is unfounded hence why you've had to retaliate with calling me a Karen. Quite sad.
    No. I didn't call you Karen. I said whenever someone goes full Karen.
  • JpliptzyJpliptzy Posts: 7

Ebony_Naw said:

Renaxqq said:

It hasn't just affected the OP, I did the same thing, based on the information Kabam provided. I ranked up my KP and put sigs into him thinking he'd be a worthwhile prestige investment, with a good amount of utility to go with it. If there's at least 2 people posting, I'm sure there are more that made the same decision based on the same logic. Don't make the assumption that just because the OP is the first to post about it, that they're the only one to have done the same thing, that would be ignorant.

Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

I'm not being silly. I'm being realistic and trying to shed some experience on the subject. What happens is out of my control, really. Either an exception is going to be made and someone on the other end will adjust it, or the OP will have to keep what they made. I'm just saying in my experience, this seems like a choice situation and Support, as off as they were, are not wrong in not being able to do anything about it.
    And you don’t think If stuff like this happens there doesn’t need to be change? You’d rather just defend something that’s clearly unjust. You keep saying the OP. This issue won’t have just affected one person it will have affected others as well. These kind of situations where the player is getting screwed needs to stop! People are spending hard earned money on this game based on the information they are provided. If that information is not correct they should receive a refund. As that’s not going to happen the next best option should be Chosen and that’s to give people the stones back. People like you are the reason that these situations keep happening because you think it’s acceptable to be screwed and do nothing about it. If your happy with that fine but I and a lot of others aren’t. And still after all this KABAM are still silent which makes the situation a million times worse
    Sp4rkyMan said:

Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

I've seen hundreds of threads closed by GW. And this will unfortunately be one of them
    This is a discussion. If you don't want it closed, perhaps you could stick to the subject and not turn it into a personal statement about me as a person.
    Says the guy calling people names XD
    Again, that's not what I intended to say. I was saying IF someone went full Karen. Not that you were. Sorry if it came across that way. Tone is hard to type.

Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

And you don’t think If stuff like this happens there doesn’t need to be change? You’d rather just defend something that’s clearly unjust. You keep saying the OP. This issue won’t have just affected one person it will have affected others as well. These kind of situations where the player is getting screwed needs to stop! People are spending hard earned money on this game based on the information they are provided. If that information is not correct they should receive a refund. As that’s not going to happen the next best option should be Chosen and that’s to give people the stones back. People like you are the reason that these situations keep happening because you think it’s acceptable to be screwed and do nothing about it. If your happy with that fine but I and a lot of others aren’t. And still after all this KABAM are still silent which makes the situation a million times worse
    How are people getting screwed? I'm sorry, but no one messed with the Sigs just to get money from people. It was a text error. No one forced people to run out and pump Sigs into him. That was a choice.
This discussion has been closed.