**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I continue to be confused at the forum’s thought process

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
What great offensive abilities do you think AM will get? Or do you just want a crazy defender? All I see in him is them ramping up the glancing and throwing in some miss or evasion. I anticipate him being like YellowJacket: definitely better but still not amazing and a heck of a lot more annoying on defense. I’m curious because I can tell that it’s gonna be AM vs Guillotine, with it probably going to AM, but what do you hope to get out of it? The Ghost synergy won’t change on Ghost’s side, and idk how they are going to make him a worthwhile attacker.

I have no doubts in kabam’s creative ability, but I feel like it will be a stretch.

Can you guys give examples of potential abilities that would make sense? I’m not really against the concept of AM since I do love my Ghost, but I think there is a lot of false hope.

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021

I have no idea. I don't know why people went with someone who was already being used on a popular Synergy Team, but then again that's probably the very reason.

What? You legitimately try to never take sides is siding with people only picking antman because of the ghost synergy 🤦‍♂️.. that’s narrow minded btw. I barely use ghost and godly synergies and still voted antman because I believe as a stand alone champ he needed the overhaul the most. Anything beyond that (as in his synergy teams) is out of my hands.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

I have no idea. I don't know why people went with someone who was already being used on a popular Synergy Team, but then again that's probably the very reason.

May be because people like the character to be better? Or may be they feel the other characters have some solid base ability which can be tuned up while Antman has nothing? Some people went for the synergy too especially with Odin adding 3 buffs from the pre-fight.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★

What great offensive abilities do you think AM will get? Or do you just want a crazy defender? All I see in him is them ramping up the glancing and throwing in some miss or evasion. I anticipate him being like YellowJacket: definitely better but still not amazing and a heck of a lot more annoying on defense. I’m curious because I can tell that it’s gonna be AM vs Guillotine, with it probably going to AM, but what do you hope to get out of it? The Ghost synergy won’t change on Ghost’s side, and idk how they are going to make him a worthwhile attacker.

I have no doubts in kabam’s creative ability, but I feel like it will be a stretch.

Can you guys give examples of potential abilities that would make sense? I’m not really against the concept of AM since I do love my Ghost, but I think there is a lot of false hope.

He is getting an overhaul. This means that they can completely change the kind of character he is, so maybe no more glancing. I hope that he is a great offensive champ
  • WolvSDWolvSD Posts: 42
    Meanwhile, there's other champs that are CURRENTLY better than Antman. So they’ll actually have a better chance at actually becoming the next “red magneto.”

Agent venom: 70% chance to shrug off debuffs (suicide friendly), bleed, incinerate, reduces evasion.

Guillotine: bleed, heal reversal, power control, health steal.

Joe Fix-It: buffs can’t be nullified, bleed, regen, poison immune.

Ant-man: um he has synergy with ghost, a backup power ranger stuntman said so, I have him as a 6*, comic-relief in the Avengers movie franchise.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I think he's just a fan fav. I imagine the average user didn't actually go through all the champs and their abilities, compare them, and make a decision based off of that. Look at how much Paul Rudd was brought up in the poll thread.. Just goes to show how much of an effect renowned characters (especially due to the MCU) have on player preferences.

I personally voted for Ant-man on a similar note, because he's my favorite character in-game and from other media (From this list at least). Now there's a good chance I get to have a playable character that I care about. I just wish Guillotine wasn't a part of this one because I really want her overhauled as well.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Ant-Man 1 is an amazing movie and so he has a fan following, he's a character that can stand on his own feet for many. So, people want him to be good in this game I guess.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

"When you're small, energy's compressed, so you have the force of a 200-pound man behind a fist a 100th of an inch wide. You're like a bullet. You punch too hard, you kill someone. Too soft, it's a love tap. In other words, you have to know how to punch"

Hope van Dyne.

Maybe some crazy crit and block penetration? The above could translate into a very offensive based character. I mean they might be very glass cannon, but they could change the character dramatically.

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    Because He deserves better
    I love Antman his was awesome
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    And I have this
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    I voted Jane foster, because that way she may end up becoming good enough to be considered for r3, which would mean I’m happy when I form a mystic T5.
    However if she doesn’t win this vote, I’ll just throw all my tokens from the arena at antman just to see how he ends up.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I will say when the Hulkbuster buff happened, I voted for OG Iron Man because he is an original Avenger. Since Hulkbuster is also Tony Stark I didn’t mind so much. My thought process is more about my childhood heroes and not who’s a good defender and/or attacker.

I do think Ant-Man can have some kind of debuff applying ability. Problem is shrinking (you need to see the champ to play him/her). Only during specials?
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★

These polls and votes are seldom about sensibility nor are they well thought out by the masses ... it's more or less about how popular a name is. Just look at the Hercules vote.

I have to agree. It’s based on the popularity of a character, and in this case Paul Rudd did a great job in the MCU, making the character even more likeable.

I personally wanted Agent Venom, but again that is down to selfish reasons of him being a symbiote and helping my roster.

Either way, in relation to the OP question/point, there’s nothing to be confused about. It’s just that everyone has different opinions and needs.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    WolvSD said:

Meanwhile, there's other champs that are CURRENTLY better than Antman. So they’ll actually have a better chance at actually becoming the next “red magneto.”

Agent venom: 70% chance to shrug off debuffs (suicide friendly), bleed, incinerate, reduces evasion.

Guillotine: bleed, heal reversal, power control, health steal.

Joe Fix-It: buffs can’t be nullified, bleed, regen, poison immune.

Ant-man: um he has synergy with ghost, a backup power ranger stuntman said so, I have him as a 6*, comic-relief in the Avengers movie franchise.

Guillys abilities are quite common now to many other champions that do it better. I hope they add more interaction with her souls and perhaps add prefights similar to stealth spidey that empower her blade, for certain matchups. Keep in mind how stacked the science roster is. Joe fixit could definitely do with a tune up, and same can be said with the others. It’s only really between ant man and guilly, and guilly is a kabam creation that just looks badass. Both champs definitely need the overhaul, but as previous posts mentioned, ant man will most likely be a defender. Its hit or miss with him whether he’s an attacker or defender, and with guilly, we can guarantee that she will be an attacker. But both champs are really cool overall, just really want to see what guilly can bring to the mystic class, so much potential with her that i can see in comparison to ant man.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

What kind of post is this? Who are YOU voting FOR? I can say the EXACT same questions back to you for that character...

Ghost synergy aside, think about how many players came from the MCU and seem to only care about the MCU. The forums and reddit are regularly bombarded by people saying "you have to add worthy cap and storm breaker thor NOW!!". Any MCU character in his place would also win - put original Hulk, he'd win and he has no reason to be brought to any teams that I'm aware of, no synergies that really help anyone.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

would you like some fries to go with your salt there people?

Love how it you’re voting for Ant-Man you’re either doing for Ghost, because he’s from the MCU, or you couldn’t be bothered to read the other abilities and think of their potential. Ridiculous.

I'm not angry over it. I've said many times in many threads that any buff will be good for the game. The same way you want one champion, I want the other. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the leader is the one I voted for.

A discussion of why one champ is a better buff over another is welcomed by me, but there's no salt. I would like all of them buffed, but I will vote for Avengers every time. I did that with OG Iron Man when they buffed Hulkbuster. Fortunately for me, HB is also an Avenger, so it was a nice buff anyway.