**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who should I use my 5* cosmic awakening gems on?

Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
edited May 2021 in Strategy and Tips
As of a few days ago, I pulled my fourth cosmic awakening gem from this month's side quest and I've been meaning to ask you guys for a while which of my cosmics would benefit from putting an awakening gem into them. Also, I have about 100 cosmic 5* sig stones and don't run suicides if that makes much of a difference. Here's my current 5* cosmic roster.

I'm planning on taking both medusa and CGR to rank 5 soon. I'm also not sure what the best way to make this poll is so if you could comment who to awaken, that would be great.

Who should I use my 5* cosmic awakening gems on? 39 votes

Awaken only one champ (list who in the comments for each option)
25%
Thoye3IronGladiator22JohnyBoyŘïdđhįmGr8TonyStarkraviXsharmasherin_66Barani7daPs_cr7Emmalin123 10 votes
Awaken two champs
30%
Drake2078Divyanshu910DRTOAleorKsp_2099Danyal_39TrashyPandaZeuszeroaNOOBis235PuttPuttYodabolt21Killer354 12 votes
Awaken three champs
23%
VeeTeeTeeLibertyPrimeV1EtjamaSarvanga1_EtherealityDrauglinKobikobsNalak8EL145 9 votes
Use all four gems
20%
Foxhero007AspenSbkruebDes99HoitadoChaosMax1012PrtjoSamuraiJack06 8 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Judging by the picture shown I’d awaken Corvus and maybe Venom
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Corvus definitely. If you really like venom use a gem. I used one.
  • Ps_cr7Ps_cr7 Posts: 296 ★★
    Awaken corvus. Save for Hyperion, cmm. In case you love Nova, you can use on him. You can use on Angela as well, if you play her regularly. Venom doesn't need it, but it's nice to have.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Awaken three champs
    VeeTeeTee said:

Angela and get her sigged up, Corvus and CGR. Leave the last one for Hyperion once you pull him

Exactly this
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    I think cgr could use one, Corvus too if u want to rank him, I’d awaken and sig Angela though
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Awaken two champs
    Venom and Corvus
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    Awaken three champs
    Save one for Hyperion.

Use one on Corvus and CGR and leave them at 1 sig

Use the last one on Angela and put as many cosmic stones you have available on her
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Awaken three champs
    1st Gem: Venom because he's already Rank 5, fine at low Sig.
    2nd Gem: Angela, put the majority of those Sigs Stones into her. (At Sig 101 it take only 4 Buffs to have 100% Damaging Debuff Duration Reduction, Auto-Block Chance Reduction, and Nullify Chance Reduction) Don't have to Rank Her Up to get the most out of her, Rank 4 is doing fine for me.
    3rd Gem: Cosmic Ghost Rider whenever you Rank 5 him.

(I'd save the Forth Gem as Back Up for Later Pulls unless you plan on Ranking Up Corvus Soon, but Angela kind takes care of Corvus' Biggest Draw for his Awakened Ability... That being never having to worry about Passively Applied Damaging Debuffs)
  • Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    Awaken two champs
    Corvus > Angela (atleast 100 Sig)
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    Awaken two champs
    Angela benefits the most out of that roster so I'd use one on her and then the other one on venom. Venom doesn't really need it but it does help him ramp up quicker which can be useful .
  • SbkruebSbkrueb Posts: 493 ★★★
    Use all four gems
    Angela, corvus, venom, cgr
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Awaken two champs
    CGR - leave at sig 1, Angela - needs high sig, benefits a lot, save 1 for Hyperion and 1 for Ronan. Never rank up corvus, if you don't run suicides
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Awaken three champs
    Side note highly suggest Rank 5ing Medusa, some people say she's been topped by other Newer Champions/Reworks which may be true in some cases but she's still as Solid as she was Day 1.
    I Rank 5ed her after putting it off for far too long, I regret not doing it sooner, she's just so damn smooth in her Playstyle and lays down some Chunky Damage (even More so with the Black Bolt Synergy).
    Completely Shuts Down Robots (better than Magneto as her AAR is 100% and she Reduces Power Gain by 100% as well), shuts down Armor Up Gaining once you apply Armor Shatter which is great for Several Nodes, easily gets 3 Buffs and Debuffs for those 2 Nodes (Buffed Up and I forget the other's Name), Poison Immunity+Armor Break still makes her my Favorite Mysterio Counter (I was Crushing Cav EQ Mysterios with Rank 3 Medusa for a good while).
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Awaken two champs
    Corvus - 1 sig is plenty
    Angela - high sigs
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Awaken two champs
    I honestly didn't notice that much difference between Venom awakened or unawakened, so I'm confused lol.

If you have 4, I'd put 1 in CGR just so I could use him as a pseudo-mystic champion. Just the AG, no sigs. I did, and sadly he's my best mystic champion lol.

I'd strongly suggest looking into Angela and seeing if you want or need her utility. I think she's worth r5s200, but it's on a case-by-case basis.

Since you don't run suicides and don't have him ranked, Id suggest against Corvus. I ran him (w/suicides) at 5r5, unawakened, for months, and his sig probably would've saved me 5 revives in total. It is great if you wanna yolo a DoT path you don't have a proper counter for, though.

Using him w/o suicides is very, whelming. Still useful for the armor break, but I'd generally always use CGR over him w/o suicides.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Awaken three champs
    Use on corvus. Angela needs 182 sigs to be useful. Use one on venom.
  • ŘïdđhįmŘïdđhįm Posts: 151
    Just use that AG on Corvus