**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Thronebreaker worth this rank-up?

AmeloblasterAmeloblaster Posts: 11
edited May 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I finally formed a t5cc. Cosmic. No other catalyst is more than halfway there. Is Thronebreaker worth taking one of these up or would you wait?

Is Thronebreaker worth this rank-up? 85 votes

Silver Surfer Unduped
37% 32 votes
Terrax Unduped
27% 23 votes
Blackbolt Duped
4% 4 votes
Wait
30% 26 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    I voted wait, however if you become Thronebreaker it unlocks Tier 5cc crystals in the glory store that you can buy.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Need more info. How close are you on other T5cc, besides cosmic?

In my experience, getting TB title enables you to get T5b and T5cc faster, via the daily login crystals and calendar, and the glory store.
  • BollandBolland Posts: 75 ★★★
    Dude I took Punisher2099 up for TB and have absolutely zero regrets. 6 weeks later and I’m now looking at taking Doom to R3 (waiting for today’s glory)! TB is a fantastic upgrade from Cav and in my personal experience worth it by ranking up a less than desirable champ.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Love black bolt!
  • AmeloblasterAmeloblaster Posts: 11

In my experience, getting TB title enables you to get T5b and T5cc faster, via the daily login crystals and calendar, and the glory store.

Less than halfway there on all others.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Bolland said:

Dude I took Punisher2099 up for TB and have absolutely zero regrets. 6 weeks later and I’m now looking at taking Doom to R3 (waiting for today’s glory)! TB is a fantastic upgrade from Cav and in my personal experience worth it by ranking up a less than desirable champ.

P2099 is a great r3 champ regardless of it being to become TB or not. He was my 9th or 10th r3 over lots of other tech options.

• GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    If I were you, I would take Silver Surfer to 6R3. In addition to his No.1 high prestige, his damage, immunity and utilities are still well above average in the game.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Not terrible choices. But I’d suggest you don’t pin your hopes on the Daily TB crystal, which is a little better than a Map 5 crystal.

TB deals are nice; glory store 5% T5c weekly is nice; calendar 5% T5c also nice—but all are pRNG crystals, which usually means you get what you don’t need.

At this point, if you like playing him, I’d do Terrax for R3. Not the best, not the worst.

Dr. Zola
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★

Less than halfway there on all others.
    Then I say go for it. Worth it.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    You get 25% t5cc a month just from the calendar and glory store. Delay for 2 months and you've missed 50% of a t5cc.

Surfer and terrax are probs worth it, particularly if you've no other decent shock immune. BB if you have 5* Medusa and 5 or 6* hit monkey.

I took up white mags for TB if it's any reassurance.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    I would easily r3 terrax. I haven’t mastered the rotation yet, but he’s definitely fun once you get him going
    Silver surfer is pretty good too
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    #blackboltgang
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    I took corvus for tb, would gladly take surfer instead
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,134 ★★★★★
    I took unduped terrax to r3 for TB in my alt account. I use Terrax here and there and don’t regret the decision. It’s nice to have the daily crystals and TB glory store.