**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best phones for mcoc?

2»

Comments

• Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

I would love a Rog Phone 5 any version.

I use a ROG 3 and trust me, if you play only MCOC, the phone is not that useful. No high refresh rate and the additional buttons are of no use. the phone stutters sometimes when I am doing long periods of arena which I never faced on my iphone 7 plus. Only saving grace for the phone is the battery. ROG 5 is not much different and is more fragile.
    For general use and media consumption, the phone is great. For this particular game, investment in ROG is not worth it.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

I use a ROG 3 and trust me, if you play only MCOC, the phone is not that useful. No high refresh rate and the additional buttons are of no use. the phone stutters sometimes when I am doing long periods of arena which I never faced on my iphone 7 plus. Only saving grace for the phone is the battery. ROG 5 is not much different and is more fragile.
    For general use and media consumption, the phone is great. For this particular game, investment in ROG is not worth it.
    I see. The spec sheet of the Rog 5 was probably one of the most impressive ones I have seen in a while.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

I see. The spec sheet of the Rog 5 was probably one of the most impressive ones I have seen in a while.
    Specs aren't everything though. Android high end phones usually have the best specs. But optimization is probably one of the worst. Don't even get me started on the updates for the phone. I am still in Android 10.
    You can take any flagship android and the specs will be more or less same. It's a good phone in general, I won't recommend it if you are buying it to play this game.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Specs aren't everything though. Android high end phones usually have the best specs. But optimization is probably one of the worst. Don't even get me started on the updates for the phone. I am still in Android 10.
    You can take any flagship android and the specs will be more or less same. It's a good phone in general, I won't recommend it if you are buying it to play this game.
    Do you know any android phones that are very affordable and compatible with mcoc?
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Do you know any android phones that are very affordable and compatible with mcoc?
    Nord series seems to work very well.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Been using Xiaomi Poco F1 for 2 years and its been good. Starting to get some micro freezes but they are still rare. Maybe the phone needs a factory reset.
    Poco F2 looks great with latest specs and isn't that expensive.

Iphones are probably best for mcoc but also very expensive.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Chikel said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

The reason why MCOC sucks on android is due to the developers not the phone. I play COD Mobile and it runs so smoothly and bug free even at high graphics settings that when I switch to MCOC, I feel like I've been transported to the 90's. All my apps run smoothly but MCOC for some reason has touch issues, input lags and framerate drops
    I swear people don't read what I write and just press disagree. I literally say the phone is good in general, don't buy it to play this game. I say that in every comment. The game is not that well optimized for Android as it is for iPhone.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Chikel said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

The reason why MCOC sucks on android is due to the developers not the phone. I play COD Mobile and it runs so smoothly and bug free even at high graphics settings that when I switch to MCOC, I feel like I've been transported to the 90's. All my apps run smoothly but MCOC for some reason has touch issues, input lags and framerate drops
    I swear people don't read what I write and just press disagree. I literally say the phone is good in general, don't buy it to play this game. I say that in every comment. The game is not that well optimized for Android as it is for iPhone.
    I was replying to the first part of your comment where you said optimization is an issue for android phones. While it's true for some low end android phones, the high ends are well-optimized and most of the time, when apps suck, it's because of the developers not the phone.
  • Options
    Chikel said:

Pulyaman said:

Chikel said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I was replying to the first part of your comment where you said optimization is an issue for android phones. While it's true for some low end android phones, the high ends are well-optimized and most of the time, when apps suck, it's because of the developers not the phone.
    We were talking about rog 5 in particular. Android has improved a lot on terms of optimization. But still a lot of fragmentation exists which makes optimization difficult.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    What bout the new red magic device?
  • Options
    SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230
    Chikel said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

That was my point, too. It doesn’t matter what the specs on a phone are when the Devs specifically develop the game optimized for iOS, STILL, and always have. Someone or other was saying the performance on the new galaxy phones was as good as or better than the Pro Max, or something to that effect, I really don’t care enough to scroll back and look, but either way, it’s not true. The Pro Max beats other flagships roundly in benchmarks, for one, but like you said, and I, the game is now and always has been designed with iOS in the front seat. The big hope was gaming devices like the Rog, and apparently from various reviews, they’re leaving much to be desired. I don’t have any hands on with them, though, like I do the Pro Max and various Galaxy flagships like the 5G S20s and the Notes.
  • Options
    Kaks0053Kaks0053 Posts: 83
    Guys I use ROG5 and beleive me it's not optimised for MCOC. It shutters while playing and Airtriggers are of no use. Avoid ROG5 for MCOC.
  • Options
    Kaks0053Kaks0053 Posts: 83
    It do support 144hz but in reality frames drops are easily noticed while playing.
  • Options
    NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★
    Soulja console 2
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    iphone 14 im a year ahead im in 2022
  • Options
    H700H700 Posts: 87

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Diabolic said:

İ using redmi note 9s and it's perfect for 3 months,it's only few times had a problem but all the problems happened this week so i guess it's about my connection

Same.
  • Options
    Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    I use a Samsung Galaxy A21s at Android version 11, its unbelievable smooth. Sure, sometimes it's a bit laggy, if you have bad internet, but loading times are awesome
  • Options
    SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230
    Zaynou said:

Many recent threads complained the excessive video effects of Dr Doom SP2 causing crashes on the latest iphone.

AW crashes on all devices

I use Doom regularly and have never had this issue, or Aw crashing, or any other issue at all on 12 pro Max, and have owned one since it’s launch day. It’s the best phone for MCOC by a mile.
  • Options

Zaynou said:

Many recent threads complained the excessive video effects of Dr Doom SP2 causing crashes on the latest iphone.

AW crashes on all devices

I use Doom regularly and have never had this issue, or Aw crashing, or any other issue at all on 12 pro Max, and have owned one since it’s launch day. It’s the best phone for MCOC by a mile.
    You mean iPhone 12?