**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The new war format is such a cash grab

Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
I know it's been discussed before but even with the increased potency of the nodes it doesnt stop spenders from spending and takes skill completely out of the picture.2m3qk9gj5d36.png

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017
    We took a slightly different approach and put stronger defenders up in the hopes of curtailing spending and just putting a road block and... it still didn't work. We had 45 more defender kills! and managed to lose because people with deep pockets are willing to spend big for 4* and 5* shards. Crazy..
  • Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    109 death is hardly a cash grab. that's less than 20 revives used.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    If you had full diversity, you would have won. You chose to try for roadblocks and they got passed them. I go for roadblocks too, but they hold so not having full diversity doesn't matter. You just lost a bet. Not much else to do there.

Your diversity seems very, very low though.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    If you had full diversity, you would have won. You chose to try for roadblocks and they got passed them. I go for roadblocks too, but they hold so not having full diversity doesn't matter. You just lost a bet. Not much else to do there.

The outcome may have changed, it may not have because as long as there are no defender kills points, alliances will to drop big money will win.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

The outcome may have changed, it may not have because as long as there are no defender kills points, alliances will to drop big money will win.

If they full cleared your non-diverse group, then they couldn't have gotten any more points if you had worse defenders in. Only you would have gained points. You guys are missing thousands of points on diversity and it's costing you wars. You can control that; you can't control spenders. Fix what you can control first.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    You want a cape and I can call you Captain Defense?
    Qwerty wrote: »
    109 death is hardly a cash grab. that's less than 20 revives used.

You want a cape?? I can call you 'Captain Defense'. To the rescue and defense of the Kabam overlords. Get off the payroll.

The point is that whether this war or another even worst, war has now turned into a game of who has the larger wallet. Feel free to argue but you won't convince me. Btw.. though they showed for war, at last I had checked around 15min. before it was over two players hadnt moves from the start node. Also, they only took two bosses so one group didn't even get to add to the death total. Had they tried that number would be even more inflated.

i'm just pointing out that your assertion is pretty shaky at best. you can't really use 109 deaths as evidence of it being a cash grab when that requires less than 20 members to have used 1 revive to achieve that number. you're just upset that you lost. let's not even talk about how you guys didn't take out all 3 bosses.

you guys lost and it had nothing to do with it being a spenders war, it had to do with a bad strategy. i don't care about convincing you. keep employing your strategy and see how that fairs, none of my business.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    That pic does not represent a cash grab. Each person in an alliance buys a revive with glory then there’s no money spent and easily that many deaths. If you had max points and lost even though you had less deaths then you can say it’s not determined by skill anymore, but Kabam is encouraging item use in this format
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    That pic does not represent a cash grab. Each person in an alliance buys a revive with glory then there’s no money spent and easily that many deaths. If you had max points and lost even though you had less deaths then you can say it’s not determined by skill anymore, but Kabam is encouraging item use in this format

It's not Skill and not item use. It's determined by higher defense rating and diversity. It encourages buying the offers of catalysts and crystals. Players need higher level of all champions that were not previously upgraded. I am not against this idea, but I'd have liked either a few months warning or now since it's too late, rank down tickets to change my defense set up.
  • Options
    In some cases it is item use. You spend to get through your paths because you know you have better defense. If Kabam said no items then this war format would be a lot different
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    that picture doesn't display how they beat you by using more items. they beat you because they had defender diversity. and your team does not.

Listen, you can either play the game how it's designed or not play at all. you pick. but you don't get to complain about a loss when the opponent uses a better strategy. suck it up and move on
  • Options
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    that picture doesn't display how they beat you by using more items. they beat you because they had defender diversity. and your team does not.

Listen, you can either play the game how it's designed or not play at all. you pick. but you don't get to complain about a loss when the opponent uses a better strategy. suck it up and move on

I guess he'd rather just flag you for explaining why he's wrong
  • Options
    mum_m2 wrote: »

I guess he'd rather just flag you for explaining why he's wrong

just as well. i'd love to go up against that alliance in war. nothing better than easy shards.
  • Options
    KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    We just lost because of defender rating, other team died twice as much! War is made for unskilled. Just revive and rank wack champs.
  • Options
    THX135THX135 Posts: 83
    Guys,
    Do what we do. After attack phase starts we trade diversity and defender PI rating. That way both side will know who will win if they 100%. Prevents item use and spending on an un-winnable war.

If we win then we will 100%. if we can't win then we just chill and don't spend any items since wasting items on an unwinnable war is not very smart.
  • Options
    KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Good idea
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    THX135 wrote: »
    Guys,
    Do what we do. After attack phase starts we trade diversity and defender PI rating. That way both side will know who will win if they 100%. Prevents item use and spending on an un-winnable war.

If we win then we will 100%. if we can't win then we just chill and don't spend any items since wasting items on an unwinnable war is not very smart.

Wow amazing guy! You are special!
  • Options
    One, I didn't flag anybody. Two, there was more to the scenario then the pic was allowing. Again, only two of their battlegroups finished the war. That means the third group didn't even attempt to rack up the kills against our mini bosses and our boss after they saw that our third group wouldn't finish and that was because it was obvious this group wouldn't stop until they won no matter the spending cost.

If you honestly think the new war format is good then I'm confused. The core of this is that you can BUY your way to a win in a lot of scenarios and I'm not cool with that.
  • Options
    IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    THX135 wrote: »
    Guys,

So, what prevents the other alliance from telling you they have a defender rating that is higher than what it actually is and what prevents the other alliance from telling you they have more diverse defenders than they actually do?
  • Options
    No one is saying this new war format was implemented well. We just gave reasons why it’s not a complete cash grab like this post says. Those two are not equivalent
  • Options
    WimaksWimaks Posts: 105
    Maybe there’s a drastic difference in tier one and two but we are tier 3 and four, 15 to 1600 war rating we aren’t spending at all… And aren’t seeing a lot of spending to win on the other side either VERY FEW item use as well. Usually clear all three bg...