**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Silver centurion need to a nerf quick

13»

Comments

• Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Tbh I think that this isn’t even as good as Quaking, and it’s an infinite combo chain. This is probably super unpopular, but keep it or make quaking worse. This can’t be removed on the account of being too OP when we have a character who can’t be touched and shuts down all abilities

I agree, comparatively of course he is still probably not better than Quake or Ghost. But the fact that he's probably better than Doom just because of an animation bug is absurd so he should be nerfed.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

To those saying this should have been caught in testing... What past Champion has ever been able to do this for them to say "we need to specifically test a LLLMM combo for it to be able to be infinite"? Y'all act like accidental infinite combos are a normal thing.

How dare we have expectations for them to test their champions. It can happen occasionally, but it's not like animation bugs like this haven't happened before. Didn't psycho man have an issue as well?

Maybe they should start testing for all kinds of animation quirks? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I'm not saying we shouldn't have expectations but honestly, if this wasn't a thing currently, would you have thought to test for it for every champ before release?
    I would of thought to test every possible combo for issues yes.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,033 ★★★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

To those saying this should have been caught in testing... What past Champion has ever been able to do this for them to say "we need to specifically test a LLLMM combo for it to be able to be infinite"? Y'all act like accidental infinite combos are a normal thing.

How dare we have expectations for them to test their champions. It can happen occasionally, but it's not like animation bugs like this haven't happened before. Didn't psycho man have an issue as well?

Maybe they should start testing for all kinds of animation quirks? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I'm not saying we shouldn't have expectations but honestly, if this wasn't a thing currently, would you have thought to test for it for every champ before release?
    I would of thought to test every possible combo for issues yes.
    I'm sure you would have but doubt you would have tested chaining that combo into the same combo infinitely. But also you're saying it now after all this has come out so no real way to know the truth.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

This is simple people:

1) Kabam is definitely going to fix this because it is not working as intended. It’s not like this is the first time something gamebreaking like this passed QC (assuming, they have one).

2) Don’t rank and level up Silver Centurion just for this because it will get fixed. You can abuse it for now, but don’t expect RDTs once they do get around to fixing it.

Again, be honest, if you were a developer for this game and were in testing phase, is this something you'd have thought to test?
    Not even as a developer, I try this with my new champs all the time. My alliance mates were able to do something like this with Scarlet witch a while back. You could chain MLLLL,LLLL,LLLL combo with SW and go on because she triggers power lock, power drain and a bunch of stuff that keeps the defender in the corner without them able to retaliate. This is not some very deep stuff like the Domino Sp2 damage bug that they decided not to fix, its a basic combo chain into a basic combo. As much as we defend Kabam, you cannot miss the bugs that are increasing in the game. It is a big game with lots of interactions and bugs do happen, but you cannot just say Kabam cannot test everything. It was odin prefight last month and it is silver centurion combo this month.
  • Options
    Nøx said:

Well if it’s true that Kabam knew about this from the CCP and they released and sold crystals as well as had an arena for him, it’s completely outrageous. If that is the case, not only should they simply be ashamed of themselves but the units spent on crystals should be returned. That is IF they did know about it which now does seem possible unfortunately.

That doesn't even make sense. If Kabam and the CCP members knew it and did not publicize it, then the people who grinded for him in arena, who bought the unit store Featured cav and the unit featured cav had no idea about this. So, even if they remove this, you are not losing anything because you did not have anything in the first place.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Tbh I think that this isn’t even as good as Quaking, and it’s an infinite combo chain. This is probably super unpopular, but keep it or make quaking worse. This can’t be removed on the account of being too OP when we have a character who can’t be touched and shuts down all abilities

This is infinitely better than quaking. You need to learn how to use quake in different scenarios, this just required you to have the champ and rank him up. :D . Of course you cannot do it in every path, but no champion can do every path.
  • Options
    MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    AW will be nice today...hope anyone exploiting this gets banned
  • Options
    NøxNøx Posts: 77
    I can’t say what other players knew. If some people did know about this then I’m sure they told others outside the CCP. A portion of the community did know about it. How far reaching it went, I haven’t a clue. I don’t think Kabam should sell crystals for a champ with a known serious bug without informing the community about it and let everyone know that it will be changed.
  • Options
    ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★

Again, be honest, if you were a developer for this game and were in testing phase, is this something you'd have thought to test?

This is a very mature game, so I would definitely expect the team to have an automated regression pack that covers a significant number of interactions. And chaining combos (of all possible sequences) seems like a fairly obvious thing to include.

I’d definitely expect it to be added now and for us to never see this issue again!
  • Options
    Nøx said:

I can’t say what other players knew. If some people did know about this then I’m sure they told others outside the CCP. A portion of the community did know about it. How far reaching it went, I haven’t a clue. I don’t think Kabam should sell crystals for a champ with a known serious bug without informing the community about it and let everyone know that it will be changed.

You expect them to announce a exploit that many could use before they fix it?
This discussion has been closed.