**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Shang Chi is a home run

TatteshwarTatteshwar Posts: 199 ★★★
Bro I'm just testing my 3 star and what the hell lmao ???

Extremely smooth to play, very fluid and the damage is SO GOOD for a 3 star with just a minor ramp-up

Great work by Kabam, I can only imagine the numbers a 5 or 6 star will put out

Comments

• Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Damage looks nice, but how bad is the rampup? Is it sluggish like post-nerf namor/guardian?
  • Options

GagoH said:

Damage looks nice, but how bad is the rampup? Is it sluggish like namor/guardian?

Namor not sluggish
    I noticed his ramp up is the exact same as guardian after inspecting the chi charges, which is how he got the insane 3* damage. spam sp3 and then unleash a meaty sp2, although his chi charges can also be gained from doing wushu strikes and the perfectly timed dodges, PLUS his combo adds critical damag rating. But even with just one sp3 and combining the other strategies if hes a high rank he will hit pretty hard.
    His ramp up is superior to guardian because his kit is very flexible, unlike Guardian, Chi charges do not disappear or have a timer on them and his combos make it easy to stack 10+ in only 30-35 hits

That stun, heavy refresh and guaranteed block break make it a stress free setup
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★

GagoH said:

Damage looks nice, but how bad is the rampup? Is it sluggish like namor/guardian?

Namor not sluggish
    I noticed his ramp up is the exact same as guardian after inspecting the chi charges, which is how he got the insane 3* damage. spam sp3 and then unleash a meaty sp2, although his chi charges can also be gained from doing wushu strikes and the perfectly timed dodges, PLUS his combo adds critical damag rating. But even with just one sp3 and combining the other strategies if hes a high rank he will hit pretty hard.
    Namor had massive hype for him /his damage output upon first release that had everyone blown away, but now he’s merely used in scenarios where his signature ability is needed.

The problem is most people only judge damage, instead of practicality. CGR is an example of one that checks both criteria. But champs like guardian have a bit of a tedius rampup which puts him below someone like g99.
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    @odishika123 Are you gonna drop guardian for the (what seems to be) superior Shang-Chi?
  • Options

GagoH said:

Namor not sluggish
    His ramp up is superior to guardian because his kit is very flexible, unlike Guardian, Chi charges do not disappear or have a timer on them and his combos make it easy to stack 10+ in only 30-35 hits

That stun, heavy refresh and guaranteed block break make it a stress free setup
    Guardian sp3 charges don't disappear either, which is his main damage source
    But I still agree Shang-Chi ramp up is better
    Yeah I agree and here also Shang Chi is clutch since you get so many chi charges from basic attacks that last indefinitely that you most probably won't have to go to SP3 even once outside of extremely chunky fights where his Aegon mechanic will come in handy
  • Options
    DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
    The only thing missing from his character is the nunchucks.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    ^ No boosts or suicides. Seems Legit and maybe will be second best six star in the game.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    *skill six star
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I might go for his featured tbh. It's been a while since I last chased a champ and he's so fun to play and best of all, his animations don't break the game.