**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Carina's Challenge

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I would just like to say I’m very happy these challenges are like this. Too hard to complete. I am SO SICK of the “it’s too easy” complaints, so you guys can work on these for a few years. Enjoy!

i mean i disagree with most of what you're saying, but we do also have to remember that hopefully these objectives will be permanent. if kamala would've won the buff vote, then doing her objective would've been a lot easier. down the line, we might see lol get easier (hoping damage cap and/or hit counter gets removed), and hopefully things are done to make these challenges doable without having to spend hundreds of units
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    alright kabam how its
    "Complete 8 fight in LOL" and call it day :lol::lol:
    nah but in all seriousness tho, im doing** the ones that wont cost more than 200 units
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★

IKON said:

I actually feel embarrassed for being optimistic for these, 4* Labyrinth challenges? Come off it! This is in no way hard content. Every time these threads of come up, we’ve said don’t do content that will make us use revives, and Kabam have commented on those threads saying we hear you, don’t worry. End game content is coming.

We want challenging content that gives us a chance to win, hard content that makes us think. Not a labyrinth challenge that forces us to throw revives at it. I’m honestly baffled how this got past the first stage of brainstorming and wasn’t laughed out of the room.

I think there are some positives to take away from this. The Xmen challenge, the cosmics challenge, and maybe a couple of the others look very challenging and doable. LOL challenges I will likely never complete.
    The cosmic one is the one I’m most excited about.
    Probably the only one I'll be trying for real. Finally get that 5-star Kamala as a rewards as well
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

To all the moaners who've stunk up the forums with their "CONTENT IS TOO EASY" posts (worknprogress and dreamin34), here you go. Hard content. Enjoy! : )

there are two different types of challenges.

1: hard content. i'm talking about the 6.2.5 cosmic one, because i think a lot of people will have fun with that one.
    2: unavoidable unit spending. you literally cannot go through lol with a 4* without spending units. even if you were a robot designed to play the game, you will end up spending at least 500 units on it
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    They are live in game everyone!
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 619 ★★★
    I think this content is perfect for endgamers. In my opinion, MCOC as whole was not designed for people to spend a lot of money on. The only way you become endgamer so quickly is if you spend so much money or spend a significant amount of time in this game. Average game time/spending will take time to go through all content. At least this will slow people down and make them have to think of the best way to approach this without just throwing units at it. Definitely will require units, but skill and strategy will significantly reduce the amount of units you spend, for some of the objectives, just like Abyss. Think of variant 1 when it came out. That content was ridiculous, but people still threw units at it. I think the rewards for this challenge are at the same level of what you would expect Kabam to give out considering how the rewards are in other content
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

I think this content is perfect for endgamers. In my opinion, MCOC as whole was not designed for people to spend a lot of money on. The only way you become endgamer so quickly is if you spend so much money or spend a significant amount of time in this game. Average game time/spending will take time to go through all content. At least this will slow people down and make them have to think of the best way to approach this without just throwing units at it. Definitely will require units, but skill and strategy will significantly reduce the amount of units you spend, for some of the objectives, just like Abyss. Think of variant 1 when it came out. That content was ridiculous, but people still threw units at it. I think the rewards for this challenge are at the same level of what you would expect Kabam to give out considering how the rewards are in other content

I have a second account that is thronebreaker in 2 years, spending minimal time on it. It is not necessary to spend time or money to be end game.
    Did your second account beat all Carina’s Objectives. Didn’t think so 😆
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★

Players: Content is too easy.

Kabam: Try this.

Players: Content is too hard.

Me: LOL.

Come on man, you know it’s not as black and white as that. Nobody was asking for a LoL 4* no synergy challenge where you are guaranteed (not likely, guaranteed) to spend units.

Get in the real world.

I have a sneaky feeling that skill is required to use 4-star champs in LOL.

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

Players: Content is too easy.

Kabam: Try this.

Players: Content is too hard.

Me: LOL.

Come on man, you know it’s not as black and white as that. Nobody was asking for a LoL 4* no synergy challenge where you are guaranteed (not likely, guaranteed) to spend units.

Get in the real world.

I have a sneaky feeling that skill is required to use 4-star champs in LOL.

I don't need bragging rights to do LOL with a 4 star again. The rewards just don't justify the effort. Not really much more to say. At least say LOL with 4 star Aegon, that is far more reasonable. To use broken down SL would worked his way out of the game meta 3 years ago is just funny at this point.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Crcrcrc said:

I would just like to say I’m very happy these challenges are like this. Too hard to complete. I am SO SICK of the “it’s too easy” complaints, so you guys can work on these for a few years. Enjoy!

Most people just won't do them. If I wanted to spend that amount to get t3a, t6b, t5cc, etc... I'd just buy offers for them when they show up and have it instantly. Why would I spend hours doing this stuff while still having to spend to get it?
    I'm pretty sure the devs are aware that most people won't attempt these, at least not initially. In fact, I believe they were specifically attempting to craft challenges that seemed impossible to do (without extremely ludicrous spending) at first glance, because they don't want people *doing* them upon release. They want people *thinking* about them, trying to figure out every possible angle on how to cut that cost down to manageable levels. They are trying to avoid the mistake of the Abyss, where instead of making it impossible and challenging the players to prove them wrong, they tried to just make it difficult and the players outperformed them by a mile, turning difficult into (relatively) easy.

This time, they want the players to figure out how to turn impossible into difficult. And they are hoping no one figures this out for quite a while. In effect, this is not content for "end gamers" who want to plow through things. This is content for theorycrafters who just happen to be endgamers.
    If the LoL challenges weren't in there, I just might buy that. You can't theorycraft your way out of the enrage timer though.
    We'll revisit this in six months. The problem here is the same one writers face when they try to write smart people into their writing. There's no way to accurately portray someone smarter than you, because of course not. Your readers smarter than you will see right through it. The devs assume there are players out there smarter than they are, and crafting challenges that target those people, which of course they can't do so with precision.

And this isn't solvable by the obvious suggestion: just get smart players to help you design it. First of all, those are the players you're trying to target with the content: asking them to design it would eliminate much of the challenge for them. And secondly, their task would still be to target players even smarter than they are which is just as impossible for them as it is for the devs.

You might be right, you might be wrong, but the devs already missed too low once. I don't think it is a problem if they miss too high. They can always lower the difficulty in six months or a year if no one figures out a viable strategy or if no one even attempts it. But I will bet that there will be people attempting all of them, and not just in an unlimited units fashion. They might fail, but there's nothing wrong with that either: failure is a sign the challenge is even worth attempting for those looking for the most extreme challenges.
    This is probably the best take on the issue I’ve seen yet. I’ve been bashing this already, but I’m willing to hang tight and see how it plays out. There are a few of these I want to do, it’s not a total miss.

Hopefully some players smarter than me figure out something clever.